• NO

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
119.5 points allowed tonight.
That is literally amazing. We beat the old record by over 12 dB. For those who don't work in the field, 6 dB is about a doubling in amplitude. That means we were four times louder than the previous record. I am stunned. I am so stunned that I had to stop grading, pause the game, and type this note up. I'm still shaking my head. Unbelievable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
1. I like to make decisions based off the facts I'm able to see, not from what I'm told. But you take her word for it.

2. She never said he was NOT complaining, she mentioned he was keeping his cool. Two different things. I never said he was losing it on the court.
Whatever...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This is the first time I've heard her broadcast a game and I am very impressed.
Doris is the real deal. She and Jones have decent chemistry from calling WNBA games together. I mean, if you're like me, and don't like hysterics and histrionics out of your broadcasters, you should be quite pleased with her/their acumen and even-handedness.

Doris is the real deal. She and Jones have decent chemistry from calling WNBA games together. I mean, if you're like me, and don't like hysterics and histrionics out of your broadcasters, you should be quite pleased with her/their acumen and even-handedness.
Yes, Doris is one of the best they have and really represents women announcers well

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hence the reason for my apology. ;)

Don't really feel its TV jitters. Pistons were reaching in a lot and holding. Some turnovers were mistakes, but a lot were Piston reach ins. Cousins isn't the type of guy who gets the ball stripped so easily.

I've been pleased with it so far. It's obviously a lot different than what we are used to with our local broadcast (which I also enjoy).

Is that how they usually conduct a sound record? Wait for a break in the action and do some kind of organized attempt at it? Wouldn't it be more impressive if it happened during the game?