[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Thursday, Oct. 26 - 7:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's NO reason to boo Boogie tonight. I would NOT boo the kid for having a volatile personality and whatever he said out of hurt or anger towards Vlade with regards to the way the trade was handled. There was a basis to slam Vlade. He was bush league in his handling of that trade. You know who should get booed, Kyrie when he returns to Cleveland! He wanted out. Boogie wanted in, he was loyal to the city and fans, influenced by the dollar signs in his eyes. It was his agent who wanted him out. Boogie was loyal and sacrificed his body on the court diving for balls and drawing fouls. He could have been in better shape, could have been a better leader, could have played harder defensively, could have developed a better "go-to" move out of the post, could have seen a psychologists for his mental issues, but all of these "could have beens" came in the context of the guy being fairly dominant over his tenure.

I wish Willie Cauley Stein had Boogie's competitive fire!

I have seen about three of Pelicans games this year. The team is a mess but Boogie is as good as he has ever been (if not better). But I think Boogie and Davis sort of get in each others way. Boogie played his best game of the season after Davis went down with knee injury. Jrue Holiday is overrated and overpaid. That team does not have a Big Three they have a Big Two and tonight we are fortunate we will likely face only a Big One. Bearing witness to Willie and Koufos, one gains new appreciation for Boogie. Even defensively. Watch Boogie defend the pick and roll. It looks like he has seen the play 1,000 times before and anticipates what the opponent will do before he does it. He knows where to be. Contrast this to Willie. Although he is the superior athlete, Willie defends the pick and roll as if seeing it for the first time, knowing only what the opponent will do after he does it. He guesses where to be. The aforementioned is the kind of subtlety you take for granted. What is the saying is "you only know what you lost after it is gone"? Don't get me wrong, I am glad Boogie is gone. Too much drama and angst and not enough fun or return on the emotional investment. But I don't hold any animosity towards the guy. He's a flawed person. But terrific basketball player. Yet as I said before the season began, I think De'Aaron will every bit and MORE of an impact and franchise-level player that Boogie ever was without the disciplinary issues and leadership void and we do NOT get De'Aaron if the trade does not occur.

As far as tonight, I expect Boogie is going to be so amped and pumped. He will get at least one technical and score at least 30 points. What I am curious about is the response from Willie. I want to see fire and intensity and execution from Willie, not apathy and "too cool" attitude. It could be easily be argued that Willie's career has been hindered by Cousins, and the playing time he took ahead of him, and the oxygen he sucked out of the room and hindered the potential of ALL his teammates. Well, that is in the past, so Willie needs to make a statement tonight, that the past is dead, that was then, this is now, and there is a new starting Kings center who has some skills of his own. This is a potential HUGE moment for Willie to rise to the occasion in front of a national TV audience and make a statement to his former teammate, his current teammates, the fans and the league. Let's see if he cowers or steps up.
I am generally pretty vocal when I disagree with you, so I think it only fair to be just as vocal when the reverse is true. I totally AGREE with everything you have said.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm much less concerned about Cousins than I am with the Kings. Cousins is gone - Thank God - and we've got some nice chemistry on this team. Cousins goes to a team and they are already talking about blowing it up. That's Cousins' chemistry for you. Ka-boom.

How about coming out with some fire from the opening tip? And I'm aiming this at you WCS. How about flying around the court rather than monitoring your calorie output every play? It's time for Hill to come out the gate strong with some strong play, and also for Hield to fill it up. Kings should run, run, run: It's time for The Hounds to run with the Fox.
Dang it. I absolutely LOVE your second paragraph but cannot give you the "like" as I adamantly disagree with your first paragraph. Couldn't you have made it easy for me and made it two different posts? :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thus far, the discussion of DMC's return has been civil. I intend for it to remain that way, as I'm well aware of the emotions WE KINGS FANS have about tonight's game. Any posts that I deem to be nothing more than trollish in nature, especially from those who are NOT Kings fans, are going to be deleted. That's just the way it is.

Brick is gone? wow, I mean... I guess I shouldn't be surprised as I haven't post since about 2 weeks after the trade myself. I just couldn't continue to invest the type of devotion I gave for 2 decades after the debacle.

I hope Cousins dominates and shows VD what a mistake he made. But other than Boogie and the injured AD, the Pelicans have a worse team than the Kings. I just don't see Boogie signing long term there. Especially with his new perspective about making a change instead of trying to make it work. AD will always spend a good amount of games injured and they aren't going to bring anyone significant to New Orleans.
They can't even get fans in that arena. New Orleans sucks for hoops unless they are winning. It's Los Angeles South. They don't give a crap unless the team is winning. Spoiled drunk idiots.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Dang it. I absolutely LOVE your second paragraph but cannot give you the "like" as I adamantly disagree with your first paragraph. Couldn't you have made it easy for me and made it two different posts? :p
OK. Kings: DE-MOLISH the Pels!!!! Pluck every lousy feather until they are naked and cold, eat the legs for dinner, and throw out the beak in the trash! Fire it up Kings! RUN BABY RUN!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Whoo! I actually get to watch the game tonight!

This will be a fun one, for sure!

Fox, Skal, WCS, Buddy, and Bogs vs Cuz and AD! With bonus listless play from our vets!

Hopefully my guy Cuz gets love from the crowd tonight. I'm always gonna be a Boogie fan, but....

....Go Kings!

I was thinking about how to root tonight and I don't think it is a good idea to root against Boogie, but rather root against their team as a whole. Boogie can (and probably will) absolutely destroy Willie, Z-Bong, and Koufos. Whether out of the post or face up or in transition it is really NO CONTEST. Too big too skilled too savvy too powerful. The one exception or maybe two, is maybe Willie can meet Boogie at the rim if he times his defense just right, and maybe Z-Bong can body Boogie in the post enough to slow him a little. But the only real defender tonight against Boogie is OWN emotions working against him and leading lack of touch from perimeter and forcing the issue on interior. But even if this happens on a few plays I think he will calm down and get to the business of playing ball and have his way.

After a couple of pathetic performances, and practice days to address their ineptitude, the Kings are due to come out with aggression and energy. So regardless of whether Boogie goes for 25 or 50 points, I would expect the Kings to bring one of their better efforts. It would be nice if Joerger mixed up his starting line-up but he tends to be extremely stubborn so I won't hold my breath.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As the broadcast opens, they show Webber kind of awkwardly (IMHO) shaking hands with DMC. So many feels right now. I don't think I could have handled being in G1C.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
WTF? Are they showing the end of the Celtics game and other games instead of the tribute to DMC? Anybody listening to Gary?