[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - 4/4/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

I wonder how far teams will go to out do each other in trying to tank, will teams start instructing guys to go out and lose? if things get competitive in terms of tanking the league will have no choice but to step in.

The season basically ends at the All star break now, the contenders rest and the losers tank, and I have a feeling that its only going to get worse.

Where's Tonya Harding when you need her and her henchmen.
THIS IS NOT A GOOD WIN GUYS.

I mean it is for the players but not for us Tankers.

I can't get excited about this win. Mavs were clearly tanking today, and didn't bother to run any real sets down the stretch. Not sure what we get out of this win... maybe playing experience for the young guys? That's always good.. but the Kings are screwing their own draft chances.

I can't say that anyone on this current team is a franchise player. We desperately need one going into next season.

So the Mavs "young core" consits of undrafted players that got easily beat by our young guys who are all first round level talents being in their first or second year as well. Their franchise player might retire this year and their biggest FA acquisition in the last years was paying Harrison Barnes a max deal. And still, their pick is likely to be worse than ours. But of course the Kings are the second most hopeless franchise in the NBA

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So the Mavs "young core" consits of undrafted players that got easily beat by our young guys who are all first round level talents being in their first or second year as well. Their franchise player might retire this year and their biggest FA acquisition in the last years was paying Harrison Barnes a max deal. And still, their pick is likely to be worse than ours. But of course the Kings are the second most hopeless franchise in the NBA
Only because Marc Cuban consistently gets free agents we can't get and they didn't recently give away a franchise player for a return that their own GM openly admitted was subpar. Our talent/asset situation is better than a handful of teams (Lakers, Suns, Knicks, Nets) it's the context around the actual on-court talent that's terri-bad. Actually, the Lakers and Nets should probably be below us in any ranking. The Lakers front office is arguably in worse shape than ours plus they have an unproven head coach, may lose their pick this year because of the freakin' Steve Nash trade and one of their brightest talents also seems to be a world-class knucklehead. What else needs to be said about the Nets. They have no picks, their best player is a 29 year old Center who averaged 5 rebounds per game this year, and the only other guy in their rotation who's league average missed almost 50 games this year. But reputations are earned and we (read: Vivek) have done plenty to earn ours. What we do this off-season will say a lot about where we're going as a franchise.