[Game] Kings v. Lakers, Wednesday, Nov. 22 - 7:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And...here we go again. Back on the national stage, this time immediately following the Warriors @ Thunder matchup. Whoopee!

I know why this is on ESPN.They want to be able to tout the "greatness" that is Lonzo Ball. I just hope with every fiber of my being that we can find a way to keep him from fulfilling their hopes and dreams.

Vince Carter and Buddy Hield are "game time decisions". I think we'll need Buddy if we're gonna have a chance at smacking the Lakers upside the head. (Unless Doug wants to don a jersey and do it again. :p )

I hate the Lakers. I've always hated the Lakers. Before the Kings came to Sacramento, I was a Celtics fan...and of course I hated the Lakers. The two things I carried over when I became a Kings fan were my love of the game and my hatred of the Lakers. It is deep and abiding.

I generally make one comment before each and every Lakers game and I'll continue the tradition here...

DIE LAKER SCUM!!!

I wonder if.........I should stick to the local coverage with Grant, Jerry, and the gang? Or........Should I give ESPN a shot?????? Too many choices.

Given the choice of listening to the ESPN broadcast or a different broadcast, I'll take the different broadcast every time.
But....I also like to hear what, if anything, the national media has to say about us. Now, I understand that they will probably have a hold of Lonzo's ***** for the greater part of the ball game, but I still find myself enjoying the "little" bit of Kings talk that they do give. And, I also wanna know if anyone on ESPN gives us even a slight glimmer of hope for the future with the young guys that we have on our roster.

With all of that being said, I probably will end up sticking to the "local" broadcast at the end of the day...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But....I also like to hear what, if anything, the national media has to say about us. Now, I understand that they will probably have a hold of Lonzo's ***** for the greater part of the ball game, but I still find myself enjoying the "little" bit of Kings talk that they do give. And, I also wanna know if anyone on ESPN gives us even a slight glimmer of hope for the future with the young guys that we have on our roster.

With all of that being said, I probably will end up sticking to the "local" broadcast at the end of the day...
I can answer that for you right now. Unless DeAaron has a triple-double before half-time and Lonzo isn't even in the building, our chances of hearing anything remotely resembling positivity from an ESPN crew are two-fold: slim and none.

Kuzma is killing it as a Rookie. He played 40 minutes last night vs the Bulls and scored 22 points. He went for 38 minutes on the 17th vs. the Suns and scored 30 points. Lonzo is playing big minutes also but is shooting at 30%. In comparison Fox is shooting 40%

as always: GO KINGS!!!!! BEAT THE LAKERS!!!!!

Has the national media really been positive on Ball? I only watch clips of inside the NBA and they (especially Chuck) seem pretty critical of him, mocking him even

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought Bogs had a terrible game in the last Portland game. Bad on defense and offense. I think his shooting frustration has really taken him off the rails, and the same goes for others. They need to get back to moving without the ball and passing. There was way too much one-on-one dribbling in the last game, mostly because of the aforementioned shooting frustration and frustration overall with the performance of the team. Effort, cut, pass, defend. If they do those things, they will continue to improve as the season goes on and will build for next year.

Regarding Skal, I don't think I've ever seen in my life a player who had as many in-and-out shots over as many games as Skal. No wonder he had the "primal scream" in the last game. One of these days those shots are going to go down. Maybe it's this year or we have to wait until next year; I don't know. It's as if he need just 5% more strength for his shot to correct by an inch and he'll make five shots in a row instead of five in-and-outs.

I have seen probably 10-12 Laker games this year....

It is shocking how good they have been considering how bad Lonzo has been minus his excellent rebounding.

The Lakers play an entertaining style and defend and space the floor and make a run when Ball goes to the bench.

They are prone to bricklaying but they will guard you. Randle is turning into a player. He is a whirlwind of activity.

Clarkson can be instant offense. Kuzma is a revelation. He looks like a young Paul George / Rudy Gay. The guy is a star.

Pope plays tough defense. Lopez spaces the floor and, unlike our centers, you can run offense through him out of the high or low post.

The Lakers minus Ball might be overachieving now, but they are doing this without Larry Nance Jr, a valuable role player.

If Ball starts making his shots, as he is constant left wide open, and Nance returns, they can win 35-40 games.

Here is the thing as it relates to the Kings: Brandon Ingram is turning into a baller. A point forward.

Ingram came into the league as bean poll. All bones and no meat.

But one thing that stood out going to back to Duke was this guy was SUPER smooth and SUPER coordinated.

Don't let the sleepy face fool you. Guard-like skills with a 7'0+ wingspan.

He needed core and lower body strength to hold his position. The tantalizing unique Durant-like potential was there in a league void of quality wings. This was obvious.

But apparently this was not that obvious to our GM.

We could have had Ingram and more assets (their 2017 pick or Russell) for Boogie.

I am certain of this since the Lakers GM was fired shortly thereafter for failing to deliver on the superstar they need to fill the seats post-Kobe.

But Vlade cut off communication channels once he happened across the Pelicans GM at the All-Star game.

Total neophyte and amateur move. And lazy GM-ing not unlike his lazy defense and conditioning habits as a NBA player.

Vlade had no inclination to pit one team against another to drive up the offer price for the most talented big player in the league before the emergence of Embiid.

Vlade panicked and capitulated. We are witnessing the consequences of weak-minded and weak-willed capitulation now.

The problem was not trading Boogie. The problem was trading him for peanuts.

Think about this: Vlade had Temple. He had Malachi. He had Bogdan in his back pocket.

So he goes out and trades the most talented player in franchise history for Buddy and a pick?!! Another SG?!

I like Buddy and trust he's going to turn into very good player but his upside was not comparable to Ingram before the draft or at the time the trade was made.

The decision to acquire Buddy over holding out for Ingram and more was a BAD decision in terms of talent AND need.

It is important in todays NBA to be able to run offense through a front line player.

This frees up your guards and frees up the middle of the floor. It takes the pressure off everyone.

The Kings don't have that versatile combo forward guy who can handle and create and create match-up problems.

It is the hope maybe Giles can be this type of player but for now this is only hope along with two surgically reconstructed knees.

Ingram has this type of skillset we lacked then and lack now. You didn't have to be a genius at the time to recognize this fact.

You just had to use higher brain logic and basic analytical prowess instead of lower brain emotional reasoning.

Vlade operated from his lower brain and not coincidentally we are currently the WORST team in the NBA .

Rebound, Rebound, REBOUND!!!

We are getting killed on the O boards every single game. Look at the difference in 2nd change points against Denver.

I'm tired of waiting to see "which" WCS shows up. Bring in someone that rebounds. Play Papa, cooley, or even sampson (someone that will show some freakin' effort). Koufus had 3 boards in the last game! 3! I'm tired of what I see! I don't care if we don't win many games but I'd rather watch someone that actually grads a REBOUND whther by different player or via trade.

Rebound, Rebound, REBOUND!!!

We are getting killed on the O boards every single game. Look at the difference in 2nd change points against Denver.

I'm tired of waiting to see "which" WCS shows up. Bring in someone that rebounds. Play Papa, cooley, or even sampson (someone that will show some freakin' effort). Koufus had 3 boards in the last game! 3! I'm tired of what I see! I don't care if we don't win many games but I'd rather watch someone that actually grads a REBOUND whther by different player or via trade.
It's on ESPN so WCS will def show up. Did anyone hear him on the radio yesterday? He pretended he had no idea that he could be a good rebounder/defender if he put his mind to it. That's horse crap.

So, it looks like the Lakers and Kings are both bad at the same time. Does this mean the rivalry is brewing again with new hops?

It's on ESPN so WCS will def show up. Did anyone hear him on the radio yesterday? He pretended he had no idea that he could be a good rebounder/defender if he put his mind to it. That's horse crap.

So, it looks like the Lakers and Kings are both bad at the same time. Does this mean the rivalry is brewing again with new hops?
The rivalry NEVER STOPS brewing. The brewing process is starting to pick up a lot of steam again, that's all...

It is shocking how good they have been considering how bad Lonzo has been minus his excellent rebounding.

The Lakers play an entertaining style and defend and space the floor and make a run when Ball goes to the bench.

They are prone to bricklaying but they will guard you. Randle is turning into a player. He is a whirlwind of activity.

Clarkson can be instant offense. Kuzma is a revelation. He looks like a young Paul George / Rudy Gay. The guy is a star.

Pope plays tough defense. Lopez spaces the floor and, unlike our centers, you can run offense through him out of the high or low post.

The Lakers minus Ball might be overachieving now, but they are doing this without Larry Nance Jr, a valuable role player.

If Ball starts making his shots, as he is constant left wide open, and Nance returns, they can win 35-40 games.

Here is the thing as it relates to the Kings: Brandon Ingram is turning into a baller. A point forward.

But one thing that stood out going to back to Duke was this guy was SUPER smooth and SUPER coordinated.

He needed core and lower body strength to hold his position. The tantalizing unique Durant-like potential was there in a league void of quality wings. This was obvious.

We could have had Ingram and more assets (their 2017 pick or Russell) for Boogie.

I am certain of this since the Lakers GM was fired shortly thereafter for failing to deliver on the superstar they need to fill the seats post-Kobe.

But Vlade cut off communication channels once he happened across the Pelicans GM at the All-Star game.

Total neophyte and amateur move. And lazy GM-ing not unlike his lazy defense and conditioning habits as a NBA player.

Vlade had no inclination to pit one team against another to drive up the offer price for the most talented big player in the league before the emergence of Embiid.

Vlade panicked and capitulated. We are witnessing the consequences of weak-minded and weak-willed capitulation now.

Think about this: Vlade had Temple. He had Malachi. He had Bogdan in his back pocket.

So he goes out and trades the most talented player in franchise history for Buddy and a pick?!! Another SG?!

I like Buddy and trust he's going to turn into very good player but his upside was not comparable to Ingram before the draft or at the time the trade was made.

The decision to acquire Buddy over holding out for Ingram and more was a BAD decision in terms of talent AND need.

It is important in todays NBA to be able to run offense through a front line player.

This frees up your guards and frees up the middle of the floor. It takes the pressure off everyone.

The Kings don't have that versatile combo forward guy who can handle and create and create match-up problems.

It is the hope maybe Giles can be this type of player but for now this is only hope along with two surgically reconstructed knees.

Ingram has this type of skillset we lacked then and lack now. You didn't have to be a genius at the time to recognize this fact.

You just had to use higher brain logic and basic analytical prowess instead of lower brain emotional reasoning.

Vlade operated from his lower brain and not coincidentally we are currently the WORST team in the NBA .
The reason trade talks fell apart with the Lakers was that they refused to give up Ingram and Vlade wouldn't do the deal without him. This is why the Laker GM was fired. He valued Ingram over Cousins.

The reason trade talks fell apart with the Lakers was that they refused to give up Ingram and Vlade wouldn't do the deal without him. This is why the Laker GM was fired. He valued Ingram over Cousins.
Im not sure how that all played out but as of now it's not looking that great on Vlades part. The Lakers have not lost position in any of the recent drafts, so they should be looking good, still how did Kuzma get so grossly overlooked by other teams?

Last edited:
ESPN has the love affair going on with Lonzo. Goodman and others are constantly praising his greatness. I prefer Ben Simmons. I hope DeAaron gets a start and puts it all over him again. Absolutely destroyed Lonzo twice UCLA vs UK
In order to praise Lonzo's greatness he must first be a good player. He is not. Typical stats from Lonzo so far include 3-14 fga. He and Ricky Rubio are interchangeable.

I have a feeling Ball will have a very good game. I pray we don’t make him look better than he actually is. He’s due for a good shooting game but we don’t need to be the ones to give it to him by leaving him wide open

I hope we create opportunities for Hield and Fox to get open, really really good shots. We need to stay poised and move that basketball around like we’re capable of. I want a half similar to that pelicans game. They have it in em.

GO KINGS!!! Don’t run and chuck the ball tonight. Stay under control, please.

I love your stuff bro, but I think Ingram was off the table (I believe as reported) and Vlade’s options were indeed limited. But who knows what goes on