[Game] Kings v. Lakers - 12/12/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I might join you on this sentiment.
20 games in and you have a good sense of what type of team you have. Well, this is game #24 and what we have is another mediocre Kings team that wants to make a playoff push but simply isn't good enough to fight for the 8th seed.

Especially frustrating to see them currently losing to a Laker team that was worse for a couple seasons only to restock in a couple drafts, sign a few ho-hum veterans and not only leapfrog the Kings this season but have a much brighter future going forward.

What is the hope for the Kings going forward? That they can sign a new crop of free agents to replace Gay, Collison, Casspi, Lawson, McLemore and maybe Tolliver & Afflalo and somehow piece together a better team around Cousins?

Or that some other team will trade valuable players for the Kings junk? That Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, Richardsonans Labissiere will make a huge jump next season?

What is the argument against a total rebuild at this point? That we'd rather watch a 28 win team with little hope of improvement than a 15 win team with some young lottery picks.

In addition to the Lakers, Philadelphia is currently a better team than the Kings with a far brighter future.

So frustrating.

dude12

Hall of Famer
20 games in and you have a good sense of what type of team you have. Well, this is game #24 and what we have is another mediocre Kings team that wants to make a playoff push but simply isn't good enough to fight for the 8th seed.

Especially frustrating to see them currently losing to a Laker team that was worse for a couple seasons only to restock in a couple drafts, sign a few ho-hum veterans and not only leapfrog the Kings this season but have a much brighter future going forward.

What is the hope for the Kings going forward? That they can sign a new crop of free agents to replace Gay, Collison, Casspi, Lawson, McLemore and maybe Tolliver & Afflalo and somehow piece together a better team around Cousins?

Or that some other team will trade valuable players for the Kings junk? That Cauley-Stein, Papagiannis, Richardsonans Labissiere will make a huge jump next season?

What is the argument against a total rebuild at this point? That we'd rather watch a 28 win team with little hope of improvement than a 15 win team with some young lottery picks.

In addition to the Lakers, Philadelphia is currently a better team than the Kings with a far brighter future.

So frustrating.
You posted this and the Kings are playing very well this quarter.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
there we go. Cuz is back + we are back. Inserting the hustle roleplayers really gave us a bump. Question now is what is the bench going to look like? Who is the bench, and can we afford to play them?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

So frustrating.
Quick! Write more on this topic!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Joerger has no choice but to run the small ball lineup out there because 2/3 of his SF rotation and his starting SG are all out tonight.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
You posted this and the Kings are playing very well this quarter.
I will ALWAYS love seeing the Kings beat the Lakers so yeah, this is a big improvement. I actually am behind live TV after putting the kids to bed at halftime but great start to the 3rd.

I still am concerned about the long term plan but whether they rebuild completely or try and build around Boogie I think Gay needs to be dealt ASAP. He's a ball stopper who has already said he wants out. And I don't think it's a coincidence that the Kings play with more energy when he's not out there. Why is he still here?