• I hate them

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • I hate them

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I want the Kings to win this game more than I've wanted anything so far this season. I want them to take the lead early, extend the lead and totally humiliate the Lakers and the obnoxious fans who tried to take over Sleep Train Arena. I personally would not allow anyone into Golden 1 Center wearing Laker gear, but I know that's against NBA rules so it's probably a good thing I'm not in charge of the staff manning the doors tomorrow night.

I hate the Lakers. I hate everything they stand for, I hate their colors, I hate their name. Mine is not a logical hate, and I can deal with that without problem.

Before every Laker game, I've always made one comment that continues to this day:

DIE LAKER SCUM!

I want the Kings to win this game more than I've wanted anything so far this season. I want them to take the lead early, extend the lead and totally humiliate the Lakers and the obnoxious fans who tried to take over Sleep Train Arena. I personally would not allow anyone into Golden 1 Center wearing Laker gear, but I know that's against NBA rules so it's probably a good thing I'm not in charge of the staff manning the doors tomorrow night.

I hate the Lakers. I hate everything they stand for, I hate their colors, I hate their name. Mine is not a logical hate, and I can deal with that without problem.

Before every Laker game, I've always made one comment that continues to this day:

DIE LAKER SCUM!

I have no problem with the Lakers or the Warriors but I sure enjoy beating them. The Lakers are getting tougher so beware. Go Kings.

I know nothing is given in this league...especially when it concerns the Kings. But I think we should make quick work of them. They are extremely reliant on guard play and have very little experience overall. Boogie should be able to abuse them inside and I see nobody on the Lakers who can stop him or Rudy.

This is gonna be just like preseason except for the fact that our starters wont be resting the 2nd half.

I know nothing is given in this league...especially when it concerns the Kings. But I think we should make quick work of them. They are extremely reliant on guard play and have very little experience overall. Boogie should be able to abuse them inside and I see nobody on the Lakers who can stop him or Rudy.

This is gonna be just like preseason except for the fact that our starters wont be resting the 2nd half.
You are inviting trouble my friend! Nothing is ever certain, especially with the Kings. We have more experience in losing to the teams we should beat than the rest of the league combined. I will remain optimistic, but a loss wouldn't surprise me whatsoever.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Lakers got off to the hot start this season, so frankly a lot of people will expect them to beat us. Its not quite as much a group of babies as people sometimes claim, as once you get past Russel, Randle, and Young Suck, they've got a lot of middling vets running around (they've actually got 7 of their 15 guys 30+ years old). But I'm not a believer. They're running a freaky college sub system while Walton poor man Warriors them through rotating chucking guard lines, and then Randle (ahem, I told ya so!) Baby Cuzzes in the middle. :p

But its all the PACE! theory again, they need to run n gun. And once you dispose of Mozgov, they've got nothing inside to stop Cuz. There's enough talent they COULD beat you same way young team's do, but a smart veteran team that keeps things at a smart, veteran pace, and wears them out inside, should be able to grind them down. We saw them back in preseason and starter on starter it did not pose any particular problem. Just depends on our guard defense again. Only 1 Temple to go around.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Russell for the career high. Maybe Jordan Clarkson....the options are unlimited...Lou Williams, way too many guards that can hurt the Kings, since the Kings are so adequate at defending the three ball & Lakers chuck them up.

In the preseason games vs. the Lakers, the Kings just allowed way too many 3s. The Kings need to limit Laker 3s and force them to go inside. We will need to shutdown their guards.

I don't feel comfortable with Lawson on Russell. Russell has a gigantic size advantage and could easily shoot over Lawson. As much as people don't like his name, Swaggy P is an elite 3pt shooter who could go instantly go from cold to hot. Not sure how Afflalo will be able to hold against him. Lou-Will is the same... but he's a much better overall scorer. I don't think Collison/Ben will be able to contain him. Williams does a great job getting to the line, and I think we'll see him getting to the line a lot. Jordan Clarkson will definitely have his way vs. the Kings. He's been giving us a lot of trouble each time he plays. Not sure how Ben/Collison will stand against him.

The Lakers have been really good this year. We seriously can't underestimate them in any way possible. I think the biggest key will come down to pace. Lakers love to run up and down. The Kings will need to be able to learn how to control the pace of the game. Lakers are basically the pro-Warriors. They even beat them at their own game.

The Lakers have played hard and played together for the first part of the season and if they can keep doing that they will win some games that they shouldn't. This game is a pretty good measuring stick for where the Kings are in the young season.

A win would be huge. Away at Portland on Friday then a 5 game home stand against very tough teams after that. I remember when we held our own at home better than most. Would be nice to revive that in our new arena.

As I understand, this is the Kings ONLY nationally-televised game of the entire season.

This game could make a difference in the national narrative surrounding the team.
If they win, then they are one of the rising teams in the West at 5-5 and the Lakers are not a threat (since lowly Sac beat them).
If they lose, they are 4-6 and instantly forgotten about, and the Lakers will be thought of as more promising.

I'm with VF21 - I want the Kings to beat them into a pulp, early and constantly the whole game, not letting up if they get in the lead.

And as I warned two years ago (just before the wheels fell off the franchise and they shot themselves in the head by firing Malone shortly after losing to the Lakers) there's nothing more damaging to the Kings franchise and its fanbase than losing to the Lakers.

This is already a must-win, IMO.

A win would be huge. Away at Portland on Friday then a 5 game home stand against very tough teams after that. I remember when we held our own at home better than most. Would be nice to revive that in our new arena.
The Kings have kind of a weird schedule this year. Through December they have 5 one day homestands, coming home for a day and heading off the next (twice to Utah ) .

Does this have to do with the scheduling of the new arena? I don't remember so many 1 game homestands in the past .

I have this impending doom feeling looking ahead at that schedule. We win tonight then go like 1-6 against those upper level teams. Would be like 6-11 coming out of that lol. Please NBA Gods don't do that to us again.