[Game] Kings v. Hornets - 2/25/17 - 2:00PT/5:00ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why do we need Matt Barnes on the roster? He does nothing for our young core moving forward. He whines on the court, and has a rap-sheet off the court.
Tyreke Evans was a passenger in the car from which his cousin shot and killed someone. And Darren Collison hit his wife.

I can agree about waiving Barnes to ensure more time for the kids but the whole culture/character argument is fraught with potholes.

Napear just blatantly LIED on the postgame broadcast.

"And this is the way the team was playing even before the All-Star break - lots of ups and downs." Really? What a blatant ret-con. They were one step out of 8th place, and would have won both these games fairly easy, they way they were playing (even with the injuries).
BTW - there's a big difference between injuries decimating your roster, and your own Front Office decimating your roster...

And I simply can not stomach this transparent rah-rahing by Grant & Jerry.
I don't watch basketball to have smoke blown up my butt - Jerry's claim that he doesn't pay much, but he would pay to watch Skal any night is nauseating propaganda and reeks of desperate marketing.

Vivek's media approach is firmly in control now - no dissent allowed, it gets in the way of selling overpriced seats..
Cuz could drop 60 we'd never hear that :D Skal has 8 and we've got Jerry willing to pay to watch him?:eek:

Napear just blatantly LIED on the postgame broadcast.

"And this is the way the team was playing even before the All-Star break - lots of ups and downs." Really? What a blatant ret-con. They were one step out of 8th place, and would have won both these games fairly easy, they way they were playing (even with the injuries).
BTW - there's a big difference between injuries decimating your roster, and your own Front Office decimating your roster...

And I simply can not stomach this transparent rah-rahing by Grant & Jerry.
I don't watch basketball to have smoke blown up my butt - Jerry's claim that he doesn't pay much, but he would pay to watch Skal any night is nauseating propaganda and reeks of desperate marketing.

Vivek's media approach is firmly in control now - no dissent allowed, it gets in the way of selling overpriced seats..
Jerry is Jerry, I don't think he has been any different than he's always been. But Grant is trying REALLY hard to push the narrative he so badly wants to believe is true.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Papa needs court time NBA style. I absolutely will not give up on him.
Good thing, because it's pretty clear now Vlade knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he drafted him.

I say start him. I mean, Kufos is what he is. A useful piece on a contender. On a rebuilding team he serves next to ZERO purpose.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Good thing, because it's pretty clear now Vlade knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he drafted him.

I say start him. I mean, Kufos is what he is. A useful piece on a contender. On a rebuilding team he serves next to ZERO purpose.
Are you being sarcastic? I don't know what Vlade thought he knew except I thought as an intelligent 7 footer, he could analyze other big men. The pick shattered a part of my belief system.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Are you being sarcastic? I don't know what Vlade thought he knew except I thought as an intelligent 7 footer, he could analyze other big men. The pick shattered a part of my belief system.
No not at all. I meant Vlade knew he was trading DMC when he picked Papa. He's the center of the future; and we have no choice but to believe in him because he was drafted to be DMC's replacement, sooner rather than later.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
No not at all. I meant Vlade knew he was trading DMC when he picked Papa. He's the center of the future; and we have no choice but to believe in him because he was drafted to be DMC's replacement, sooner rather than later.
I didn't believe this at the time but it may very well be true. At the least Big Papa is a giant space clogger.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I didn't believe this at the time but it may very well be true. At the least Big Papa is a giant space clogger.
I didn't believe it at the time either. But Vlade didn't just wake up one day and say "Uhh, I'm trading DeMarcus now." This has to have been in his head for awhile now.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm actually looking forward to his commentary after 15 games in a row of this.
You have a stinky mean streak rotting in your soul. o_O I don't want us to be that awful but I have a huge distaste for Grant and it would be worth suffering through this year to hear what he has to say.

Grant can get as bad as a North Korean news anchor.
One of all time best (or worst) comments ever on this board. Congrats! Peaches has Attention Deficient Disorder (ADD) but made worse by spouting party line propaganda endlessly. Absolute worst broadcaster of any major sport I've ever had the displeasure of listening to - for going on 3 decades in Sac! I'm not talking about general play-by-play call even though reeks ADD. It's his nonsensical attitude. When will it ever end?

It is going to take 2 to 3 very good starting caliber NBA players "to be DMC's replacement." Just in the points and rebounds that is two very good players. The only way the Kings get better is to assemble a better TEAM.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It is going to take 2 to 3 very good starting caliber NBA players "to be DMC's replacement." Just in the points and rebounds that is two very good players. The only way the Kings get better is to assemble a better TEAM.
And that's nearly impossible without the ability to bring in decent FAs. That's where the ramifications of Vlade's actions in dealing Boogie just might hurt us the most. Anybody want to name a good FA who's going to be anxious to come work for Vlade and Vivek?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hot Yoga!

But, seriously, I don't think Papa is in any realistic scenario a replacement for Boogie. He's a replacement for Koufos. And Koufos is a useful player, particularly for a contending team. So, if we can manage to be a contending team about four years from now, Papa would probably be a useful rotation big man, and that's not a bad return for a #13 pick. But he doesn't look like a player who can carry a team like Boogie.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He probably would say we would have lost those 15 games with dmc since there's no way to prove it even tho we all know it's false.
It's going to be residual damage left by DMC. It's going to take seasons to undo the negative culture he left in his wake. His negative presence is still in the locker room and it's a process to eliminate it once and for all.