[Game] Kings v. Hornets - 2/25/17 - 2:00PT/5:00ET

Glenn

Hall of Famer
WCS needs to just aggressively rebound ....

end of story... do that first .... then all ur guard skills can come next
He doesn't seem to have any natural rebounding skills. Sure if a ball comes near him he'll grab it but he's 7 ft tall for cripe's sake. Watch puny Skal rebound. I think some people have a knack and build on it. Willie needs to start from zero.

He doesn't seem to have any natural rebounding skills. Sure if a ball comes near him he'll grab it but he's 7 ft tall for cripe's sake. Watch puny Skal rebound. I think some people have a knack and build on it. Willie needs to start from zero.
Half the battle of rebounding is positioning. You have to fight for position. He just does not do that and it's infuriating. I know there's a fine line between leaving an open player and trying to position yourself for the rebound, but even if he's in position, he consistently gets out-worked by his opponents.

This is true, never have I seen Willie come up with a surprise rebound like Skal did today, its not like Charlotte had some big lug rebounder out there either MKG was mostly beating WCS out.

Willie is just not someone who is comfy with contact like Skal is. Not sure if thats fixable but it can be improved.

Skal didn't have a great night but I love that he's hitting the glass.

I worried that Labissiere and Cauley-Stein couldn't play together because they'd get killed on the boards but really it's just Trill who is allergic to boxing out or fighting for rebounds.
I still don't understand how Willie is such a poor rebounder for a guy his size. Almost every big out of the Kentucky system is a great rebounder no matter what. Randle, Noel, Cousins, Davis, etc.

Napear just blatantly LIED on the postgame broadcast.

"And this is the way the team was playing even before the All-Star break - lots of ups and downs." Really? What a blatant ret-con. They were one step out of 8th place, and would have won both these games fairly easy, they way they were playing (even with the injuries).
BTW - there's a big difference between injuries decimating your roster, and your own Front Office decimating your roster...

And I simply can not stomach this transparent rah-rahing by Grant & Jerry.
I don't watch basketball to have smoke blown up my butt - Jerry's claim that he doesn't pay much, but he would pay to watch Skal any night is nauseating propaganda and reeks of desperate marketing.

Vivek's media approach is firmly in control now - no dissent allowed, it gets in the way of selling overpriced seats..