[Game] Kings v. Hornets, 1/25/16. 7PM PST, 10PM EST.

Is Boogie an All-Star?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We as fans could play the what-if scenario all night. What if Cousin's didn't get that technical? What if Rudy was able to hit those 3's? What if Ben played instead of Marco?I feel that the team was beaten by an insanely hot hand. That's its. I'm just glad this team is giving us something to care about again.
That's what it comes down to. Charlotte just could not miss from three...they hit a bunch of them and timely ones too.

exactly. That was a terrible shot, with all that time left too. I'm sure his teammates were thinking what the hell are you doing, shot went in....HERO!!!
Thats what really sucks. We got beat by a trash shot that happened to go in. Another thing I hate about today's NBA. A lot of players throw up these trash shots. They usually don't go in and its just embarrassing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Thats what really sucks. We got beat by a trash shot that happened to go in. Another thing I hate about today's NBA. A lot of players throw up these trash shots. They usually don't go in and its just embarrassing.
It's something about playing the Kings that these insanely stupid shots drop. Either that or maybe we are just having this attitude where everything that goes wrong, will go wrong, no if's or but's about it. I'm sure other fan bases feel the same way about their teams.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Yes.

Can't remember, was Anderson in there?

If not, should have been. Or Curry.
I think the lineup was Rondo, Collison, Anderson, Casspi, Cauley-Stein. I just don't understand George Karl's logic here with some of these situational lineups. Put your best defensive squad on the floor, secure the rebound, then call timeout. Rondo, Anderson or McLemore, Casspi, Acy, Cauley-Stein should be automatic. You know they're going to set a pick to free up a shooter. Putting two 6 footers out there means you have to move that much further to get back in the play. It was a crazy shot in any case, but playing the percentages we'd be better off with a full-size lineup in that situation more often than not.

Kings got jobbed. Kemba got bailed out umpteen times with the game on the line and then the Cousins foul out... wow.

love the fight though.

terrible defense and lineups at times though

I

Im Still Ballin

Just think about some iceblocks for awhile guys

3rd time this has happened this season. And it hurts so bad.

It's a shame we didn't get the win because Cousins going (holy poopoo) 21 for 30 is going to be overshadowed a little by the way the game ended. He has ascended to MVP level. I've seen it happen throughout the league for other players on other teams. You know it when you see it. Make no mistake about it, Cousins is there now and he's not coming back down for a looong time.
Completely agree. He's "leveled up" yet again. And a bit part of it is Rondo. Both on the actual court, but also guiding the style of play that gets the most of out him. Cousins, in my mind, is the MVP favorite for next year. Truth be told, even with the season Curry is having, I feel like Cousins has a shot this year. These 40, 50 point games are not flukes, and they don't rely on hot shooting. That's the whole special sauce with this guy... you knew when he figured it out he'd be able to destroy anybody, at any time, and not just because he was hot.

I predict at least a handful more 40 or 50 point games from him this year. He's now just so methodical about it. Lookout the next 10-15 games... we could be in for a historic stretch of basketball as Cuz revs his new toy: a team ACTUALLY built around him and ACTUALLY playing to his strengths with a great point guard who can and will ACTUALLY get him the ball.

I think the lineup was Rondo, Collison, Anderson, Casspi, Cauley-Stein. I just don't understand George Karl's logic here with some of these situational lineups. Put your best defensive squad on the floor, secure the rebound, then call timeout. Rondo, Anderson or McLemore, Casspi, Acy, Cauley-Stein should be automatic. You know they're going to set a pick to free up a shooter. Putting two 6 footers out there means you have to move that much further to get back in the play. It was a crazy shot in any case, but playing the percentages we'd be better off with a full-size lineup in that situation more often than not.
Completely agree, and it's frustrating to say the least.

What a game. Disappointed we lost, but what an exciting finish. Hornets simply got hot in the 3rd. Made like 8 out of 9 threes as a team. Even Hawes chipped in.

Getting pretty fed up with Marco. I have much more confidence in Ben at this point. Marco should get 10-15 mins a game max.

Maybe Vlade should call the TWolves for a trade

Marco/DC for Martin/Bazz/Dre

I like Marco but Karl is using him in a wrong way.
The way Karl runs him is how Martin actually plays, which running around multiple screen and do those turnaround shots. This is KMart's bread and butter not Marco.
Marco is a spot-up pure shooter.

As for DC, he is just Karl's temptation candy.
We get Bazz to rotate as SG/SF (if opponents go small) and we get Dre to mentor Curry.
Rondo + Dre should sky rocket Curry's play making instincts.

The way Karl runs him is how Martin actually plays, which running around multiple screen and do those turnaround shots. This is KMart's bread and butter not Marco.

We get Bazz to rotate as SG/SF (if opponents go small) and we get Dre to mentor Curry.
We need more defenders, not inefficient offense only guys

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Watching the replay on ESPN, foul #6 on Cousins was a miscall I think and that turned the game. Cousins was absolutely unstoppable, playing his heart out, grabbed a tough rebound in traffic and finished through contact and we got hosed because Kaminsky decided to lean his face into an immovable object. One player is out there dominating the game at the highest level the other is standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and you're going to tell me that Cousins deserved to have his effort negated and his ability to play the deciding minutes of the game taken out of his hands over that? Situationally that's just a terrible lack of awareness by the referee crew.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer

KMart does not look like the KMart of old this year and Shabazz is on Marco's level as a defender. This trade does nothing for us. I don't think we even need a trade, personally. Maybe at the trade deadline if a team is making a fire sale we can swoop in and find a useful piece for the stretch run but right now we'd be giving up too much. We don't have the bodies to do 2 or 3 for 1 and nobody is going to give us a better player straight up for any of our bench crew.

We need more defenders, not inefficient offense only guys
Bazz is good on both sides actually if he's head is right on the game.

Martin does not defend much but I think he'll fit better into Karl's system than Marco is now.
Dre is a very smart player and knows Karl's system very well.

The thing here is that since we are kind of winning, it will be tough to disprove that Karl's systems does not work.
It would be easier to get him the right personnel than let another coach go.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...I predict at least a handful more 40 or 50 point games from him this year. He's now just so methodical about it. Lookout the next 10-15 games... we could be in for a historic stretch of basketball as Cuz revs his new toy: a team ACTUALLY built around him and ACTUALLY playing to his strengths with a great point guard who can and will ACTUALLY get him the ball.
Whenever the camera switched to Vlade, you could almost see the wheels turning. He's gonna be doing everything he possibly can to find that perimeter defender. And, for the record, I have a feeling he'll do it.

What makes this loss worse is after all those hard-fought minutes, the team has to travel to Portland right now and try to get as much sleep as possible, even with the bitter taste of defeat.