[Game] Kings v. Hornets, 1/25/16. 7PM PST, 10PM EST.

Is Boogie an All-Star?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hey, another win, another game thread!

The View From The Other Side
The following has been taken from PacersDigest.com
  • 7:59 PG: "I don’t at any point feel that I have the leg strength that I need to right now," George said. "In the big picture, in being realistic with myself, the doctors and trainers told me, even back when I was rehabbing ... that it’s going to take until this next season. Not this season but the next season where I’ll probably be the best and be back to where I was.”

I don't know if it's best for him to keep playing through it or to take a game or 2 off. I think Frank has to be really smart with this, he's probably hoping the all-star break will give him enough time to rebuild the strength but it may take until next season.

Anyway, I'm hoping Turner doesn't get totally schooled by Cousins tonight but I sort of feel like that's going to happen.
  • 8:03 Cousins is going to have his way tonight scoring and rebounding. Hopefully PG and Miles can start shooting a bit better to fight that.
  • 11:33 Coincidentally can anybody think of a worse name for an Arena than Sleep Train Arena?
  • 11:33 Who's going to slow down DeMarcus?
  • 11:35 Smoothie King? What about Louisville's KFC Yum! Center?

I actually like Sleep Train. Almost any other word would be better than sleep, but it sounds alright if you don't think about it.
  • 11:44 Starting Lavoy Allen?

Are you ****ing kidding me?
  • 11:45 This is going well...
  • 11:51 Turner is doing what Hibbert use to do. He is just straight boxing his guy out hoping a teammate will get the rebound.
  • 11:52 I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • 11:52 My favorite part, is all the fans who will still argue that we are a good team.
  • 11:53 I don't think the Pacers have played a team this year with this type of energy
  • 11:54 This team is a ****ing disgrace.
  • 12:04 I remember when Pacer fan's thought Darren Collison was the second coming...
  • 12:10 Cousins is like a wrecking ball
  • 12:19 Cousins just looks like a man among boys.
  • 12:21 cauley stein is a goofy looking dude
  • 12:22 Man, If Turner turns into what it looks like he may be able to, we will be set up for years...
  • 12:23 Boogie just truck sticked poor Joe Young lol
  • 12:28 Cousins is just unstoppable atm. Myles in about 2 years would be easily the best guy to guard him on the Pacers, but currently he'd foul out in 5 minutes trying.
  • 12:30 I would hate to guard Cousins
  • 12:34 So does Cousin go for 50 against us or does he come back down to Earth a bit?
  • 12:46 Here comes the 12-2 run by the Kings to start the 2nd half with the garbage Ellis/GR3/George/LaVoy/Hill lineup.
  • 12:46 Is it legal for 16 yr olds to drink in Cal?
    Look at that punk behind Denari holding the beer. If you're watching, scan back and look at that little turd.
  • 12:46 Lavoy hasn't been bad tonight guys. He's rebounding and has some easy put backs. Now, defensively... I don't know anyone who could do much with Cousins. Certainly not on our roster.
  • 12:50 That sideburn tattoo on WCS looks so dumb. He'll regret that one when he's a grandfather. Or sooner.
  • 12:51 i bet watching boogie for 82 games is a trip
  • 12:57 Sometimes I think people hate on Jordan Hill just because its the popular thing to do. I'm not sure how we can complain about his performance tonight
  • 12:58 Have the Pacers gotten a call since the Karl tech?
  • 12:59 Man we are hammering the **** out of Boogie.
  • 1:04 Pretty sad when one GD player beats you.
  • 1:06 Where has this PG been!?!

He is taking the time to look for good shots instead of just chucking. I miss this guy so much. So so so much.
  • 1:07 I've always liked Rondo's game. Players that can have a profound impact on the game without scoring are always intriguing.
  • 1:08 thats the second time ive heard a very audible "f**k" from boogie tonight. i love this dude.
  • 1:08 Demarcus is a drama queen haha
  • 1:08 That Cousins foul confuses me.
  • 1:18 Wonder if collison still holds a vendetta against Geroge Hill...
  • 1:19 *sigh*

I want to believe we can mount a run. I want to believe.
  • 1:22 We are just horrible. Thanks Larry. Don't trust you one bit. Heard Scott Pollard tell stories about Tinsley and Ron Ron on radio today. You allowed them to get away with that **** and did NOTHING. Coming to practice drunk. Coming to practice in bare feet. Being missing for three days, showing up for game 6 of Conference Finals and then Carlisle STARTS HIM! You had to know this was happening and you allowed it.
    Why would I trust you to put together a good roster now? I don't.
  • 1:26 So many people hated our low scoring grinding offense of the past few years but this offense is just not entertaining at all to me.
  • 1:29 My final thought: Solomon Hill is best in our garbage trio of Chase Budinger, Solomon Hill and CJ Miles
  • 1:32 Cousins is just ridiculous. Turner played solid D there.
  • 1:32 We need to stop Cousins if we want to win.
  • 1:35 If we buckle down we could still win this. But they have to clamp down from here out.
  • 1:35 I'll tell you this, though. The Sacramento announcers really, really like Myles.
  • 1:35 I have really missed this version of PG. Its just night and day.
  • 1:36 Turner is having good experience by defending Cousins
  • 1:39 Cousin's just plays bully ball and pushes/bump his way to the basket. As someone said before.....Centers must hate playing him. Must be like playing a much bigger and stronger version of Hansbrough.
  • 1:40 I got that Turner fouled him, but they gotta stop Cousins from throwing the elbow too.
  • 1:42 We're just not going to break through that 6-8 point hump with Cousins playing like this.
  • 1:43 Cousins making Lavoy his *****
  • 1:43 Cousins gonna have 60 freakin points playing like this
  • 1:44 At this point neither team can stop the other team's best scorer.
  • 1:45 Well. Had a shot at it there for a brief, shining moment.
  • 1:45 It's mind boggling how all the hype is all around 3 point ball right now. You put a big in Cousins on a good team, they're going to give any small ball lineup hell in a 7 game series.
  • 1:45 We can't even beat the Kings
  • 1:45 Good game for PG13 and also happy for Jordan's hustle&rebounds...

But with Mahinmi out, no one in our team can do ANYthing to even slow Cousins down...
  • 1:49 Eh not the worst loss. We couldn't stop Cousins. I will say by the end I was getting annoyed by at least one Kings player complaining about a foul on every play. You're winning, relax dudes.
  • 1:50 Boogie got damn near 50 points and still look like he's unhappy lol
  • 1:50 I can't be mad about last night or tonight. Effort has been there. Unreal performances by two amazing players. We gave it all we had.
  • 1:51 Ha, Booogie gets a tech...
  • 1:52 I hope Demarcus gets ejected on his career night...
  • 1:52 It's amazing how bad we are at technical free throws.
  • 1:52 They could have double teamed him from time to time and force somebody else to score, but they didn't bother.
  • 1:53 boogie is just all sorts of crazy
  • 1:55 I love Cousins' ability, but the dude really needs to get a grip and realize situations. You're up 10 with a minute left to go and the last thing you need to do is potentially ruin a career night by getting tossed when the game is all but over.
  • 1:58 Man think of how good Turner would be if he had any clue what he was doing out there.
  • 1:58 The Kings fans that are chanting about the refs sucking need to stop their complaining. They are probably going to win the game.
  • 2:01 Could imagine being a pg as good as Rondo, and being 53% from the stripe? That is a bad center percentage.
  • 2:02 Surprised they didn't let Boogie get 50
  • 2:05 This Kings team is not half-bad BTW. They may well make the play-offs as the 8th team out of West. We just tend to under-estimate and ridicule them for the farce they've been in recent years.
  • 2:08 They will make the playoffs, and Boogie will do something incredibly stupid at an incredibly critical point in a game and will get himself tossed.
  • 2:14 PG started off trying to show off his loose handles. He knocked off the silly dribbles and lazy passes. Then he had himself a game. Best he has looked in a while. JHill had a double double. Turner got a taste of playing against Boogie. He handled it better than I thought he would.
    Monta looked good out there tonight. He was moving well and his shot looked good. Joey Buckets got a taste of playing against Rondo. I am sure he will learn something from that, lol.
  • 2:40 Yeah, he's got the bumps and bruises to remind him of the experience as well.

I was legitimately concerned that Cousins was going to bully ball Myles a little too much and that Myles would somehow get injured. I'd rather have Lavoy or Jordan guard him. I get that he has to learn to deal with Players like Cousins....but the guy just pushes/bumps his way to the paint just to get in position.

Tonight's Game
The last time the Kings played the Hornets, the team got off to a great start and then absolutely laid an egg/fell apart/Boogie got hurt. This time, hopefully, nothing of that sort happens (I'm fine with a great start, however).

Spencer Hawes Update:
Spencer Hawes is alive and active and potentially starting for the Hornets tonight. Please boo accordingly.

In case you forgot, he's the guy who looks like this:

Our double zero is better than their double zero.

Last edited:
These quotes I liked the most- especially the first one:

• 11:53 I don't think the Pacers have played a team this year with this type of energy
  • 12:19 Cousins just looks like a man among boys.
  • 12:34 So does Cousin go for 50 against us or does he come back down to Earth a bit?
  • 12:51 i bet watching boogie for 82 games is a trip
  • 1:07 I've always liked Rondo's game. Players that can have a profound impact on the game without scoring are always intriguing.
  • 1:50 Boogie got damn near 50 points and still look like he's unhappy lol
  • 1:53 boogie is just all sorts of crazy

Who can this team throw at Cousins? Zeller, Hawes, Kaminsky? Cuz should eat them alive, hopefully Rudy is back. We need him in there with that bench unit so they have a focal point other than Bellinelli. Bellinelli has been really bad but that has some to do with him having to take most of his shots off the dribble and creating a lot. Need to get him some set shots.

I

Im Still Ballin

This is a match we've been waiting awhile for

The loss hurt extremely

WCS will lock the D up and Kemba won't be scoring as much

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I hope this is a revenge game....Kemba has been on a offensive tear as of late so he might get his, that's fine so long as the team has 4-5 players in double figures.

K

KingMilz

Who can this team throw at Cousins? Zeller, Hawes, Kaminsky? Cuz should eat them alive, hopefully Rudy is back. We need him in there with that bench unit so they have a focal point other than Bellinelli. Bellinelli has been really bad but that has some to do with him having to take most of his shots off the dribble and creating a lot. Need to get him some set shots.
Zeller on the last broadcast they said would miss the game, they had Hawes starting, i could see them using Hansbrough to rough up Cuz....well try to.

Stopping kemba is the key here. Guys been balling out if control and we tend to let good offensive PG's go off on us all too often.

Looking forward to watching the WCS-Kaminsky match-up, two of my favorite players in this class. Kaminsky has been rock-solid for the Hornets and looks like a quality starting big in the next few years.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Stopping kemba is the key here. Guys been balling out if control and we tend to let good offensive PG's go off on us all too often.

Looking forward to watching the WCS-Kaminsky match-up, two of my favorite players in this class. Kaminsky has been rock-solid for the Hornets and looks like a quality starting big in the next few years.
Kaminsky can shoot but isn't a big threat defensively. He is the perfect guy for WCS to defend.

If we come out with the same effort we did against Atlanta and Indiana we should be able to win this. Zeller should be out and Batum might not play as well. Just have to slow down Kemba.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No more Ts boogie. Charlotte has enough bigs to annoy you.
As I recall Zeller was the problem in the last game, just being a flopping little wuss bouncing around and falling down at the slightest contact trying to bait the refs. If he's out, makes things a lot clearer. Psycho T can't do much against Cuz except foul out in 10 minutes, Kaminsky is a hapless rook, and distinctly not even a WCS rook, Big Al couldn't defend even when he had knees, and Flutter the Amazing Douche is way too big a weenie to even put up a fight.

I thought the Pacers' fans comments on Cousins were pretty spot on there.

You can see non Sacramento fans are starting to come around on Cousins. The old views from the other side used to just involve how much of a crybaby he was. Then it was he's talented, but mostly a crybaby. Now the comments are mainly about how talented he is with a few crybaby's sprinkled in.

As I recall Zeller was the problem in the last game, just being a flopping little wuss bouncing around and falling down at the slightest contact trying to bait the refs. If he's out, makes things a lot clearer. Psycho T can't do much against Cuz except foul out in 10 minutes, Kaminsky is a hapless rook, and distinctly not even a WCS rook, Big Al couldn't defend even when he had knees, and Flutter the Amazing Douche is way too big a weenie to even put up a fight.
There was one game I watched where Kaminsky scored quite a lot and rather effortlessly. Hopefully he doesn't do the same to us.

Oh, he's going to have his way with them. That's not up for debate. The pricking and prodding just from the sheer amount of fouls they can use on boogie is what leaves open the possibility of open-palm smacking someone.

Rough night for The Hornets if Batum, Zeller, Al Jefferson and MKG are out, that's all their frontline depth to foul and frustrate Boogie with.

Now hopefully we don't play down to their level of competition like we like to come out and do some nights.

I

Im Still Ballin

Feeling another 30+ pt game from Cousins

I haven't seen such an ease of Scoring from a center like this in awhile. I mean Cousins is averaging 27 points in 34 minutes, despite playing injured and having an extremely bad December

You just feel like with the way things are clicking, he can average 30 points for the rest of the season, given that the referees give him the respect he deserves. Never has a player deserved his free throws more. When Cousins gets free throws, they are richly deserved.

There will be a few interesting match-ups tonight. Hope the fans get all over Hawes if he plays. In the end the Kings should should take the W.

Go Sacramento.

I

Im Still Ballin

Man I'm still amazed by that WCS block and dunk play

This team is full of interesting players... I'd argue we might be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the league

They'll use Hansbrough to get under Cuz's skin. They both play a very very physical game...

Willie vs Kaminisky seems like an obvious matchup.
Why though? If you take out WCS to guard a perimeter big, our rim protection automatically goes away and you leave Cuz alone on an island.

Kaminsky lit up Kentucky during the tournament, but I don't think WCS guarded him.

Charlotte is going to be seriously depleted tonight too. No Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Al Jefferson, Nicolas Batum or Cody Zeller. This game is already in the bag. No excuse for not winning this one. I thoroughly expect to mop the floor with these fools, by at least 15 points minimum