[Game] Kings v. Celtics - 2/8/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the bipolar Kings strike once again. this time without their two best scorers and their best playmaker off the bench in Ty for the second half. The defense was incredible to watch. That Trill dunk had me all hype. Maybe one day he will start and play along side Boogie and they can get the best out of each other. Until then, the growth is clearly showing for Trill. Collison decided to show up in this one and be ultra aggressive, which is what he should be doing with Boogie too but that's not always the case. Ah well, I'll take wins versus good teams and losses versus bad teams or average teams so long as they don't hurt their draft order too much.

I can sit and watch that dunk replay over and over. The faces on the bench and spectators are awesome.
I have been wanting Willie to dunk ( for once) and with some kind of authority and a little showmanship afterwards but that dunk exceeded anything I had in mind by far. With his improved play of late and this exclamation point, I believe he is growing more into what many had envisioned.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I have been wanting Willie to dunk ( for once) and with some kind of authority and a little showmanship afterwards but that dunk exceeded anything I had in mind by far. With his improved play of late and this exclamation point, I believe he is growing more into what many had envisioned.
He's showing far more offensive progress than I honestly expected. He's looked really smooth around the basket and has developed with his back to the basket (even has a nice little spin half hook move that has proven really successful thus far in the season). He also had a really good game (for him) as a passer last night. 4 assists, including a nice vintage elbow offense mid-post pass to the open cutter AKA the Brad Miller Special.

Willie's still having trouble on the boards but he's at least trying now and since Matt Barnes has seen fit to suddenly become a double-digit rebounder that's become a bit less of a concern.

He's showing far more offensive progress than I honestly expected. He's looked really smooth around the basket and has developed with his back to the basket (even has a nice little spin half hook move that has proven really successful thus far in the season). He also had a really good game (for him) as a passer last night. 4 assists, including a nice vintage elbow offense mid-post pass to the open cutter AKA the Brad Miller Special.

Willie's still having trouble on the boards but he's at least trying now and since Matt Barnes has seen fit to suddenly become a double-digit rebounder that's become a bit less of a concern.
I knew WCS had offensive talent based on what I saw when he practices, but I never thought it would transfer to an actual game. Some of the moves he has shown the last couple of games make me wonder if he could be an actual two-way threat in this league? A guy with WCS athletic ability, size, and a respectable offensive game is a huge commodity in this league.

I have been a super fan of his since before we drafted him. I am really pulling for him to have a great career. He just has special talents and attributes.

If the rebounding comes up and stays steady that would be great. I wont say I expected him to have an elite or very good offensive game. I don't like to make predictions of that nature. I never doubt a players ability to improve or surprise either. As time goes on I think it is only going to get better having him as a King.

It also helps he wears my favorite numbers for a ball player. Shout out to The Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.