[Game] Kings v. 76ers - 12/26/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Collison throwing up junk, Temple passes to Ilyasova, Stauskas drives to the rim, Okafor scores on his own basket...yeah, I'm not liking where this is heading. It might be time for some Lawson and Tolliver.

It takes a trained eye to watch the in game ebbs and flows of morale. Ours has been GREAT the past three games solid.

Why is it bad now? And it is. You can just tell. Not horrible... but guys aren't clicking mentally. There is a reason for that. It's usually guys that can't or won't fit in. The egos just don't fit. We should be up 20 pts right now. If Gay isn't in the game, I think we would be.

What I'm seeing now is that Gay has a tough time fully being a role player, yet he's not good enough to be the #1. Our team functions GREAT from a mental standpoint when Cousins and only Cousins is the alpha on the floor. People actually love playing with a player like that. So can everyone please STOP saying Cousins is not a good leader? Vlade has to come through here and move Gay and get him out of Cousins' and the team's way. Cannot waste time here.

Last edited:

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
If we lose this game, we need to think hard about letting Rudy go. Overall effect is sometimes hard to see, you kind of have to step back a bit and see the whole. Some players can't think as a team.
See here's the problem, I fully believe Rudy to have "empty stats" no matter how good they are. He doesn't offer anything when he doesn't score, he needs to have the ball in his hands to score, he isn't great at moving off ball and when he isn't moving off ball he is easy to guard because he likes to dribble around for a bit. We all know where Demarcus wants the ball, we also know where Rudy wants the ball, they both occupy each others space negating each other if one has the ball, but one is significantly a better player than the other. The way Rudy plays also makes it much easier to guard the other players on the court. Rudy will also freeze out DMC, there have been several possessions this game where DMC didn't even touch the ball already. Rudy will get his, but at the expense of his other teammates and the offenses Rhythm.

Roleplayers need touches and passes, not just shots, but touches. Touches lead to confidence, leads to movement. That doesn't happen if you Isolate one player for 15+ shots of the game.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Collison has also not played like a lead guard at all. He's been wasting time on the clock trying to setup some play instead of just creating and keeping his dribble alive. He's looked like a mini shooting guard out there. Lawson looks to create first, is very fast, Collison looks to score first. Which I'm not sure is what this team needs most of the time.