[Game] Kings v. 76ers - 12/26/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Collison out there dribbling around holding the ball doing nothing for 10 seconds of the shot clock every possession, Rudy gay just ruining whatever offensive flow we had the past three games. Tolliver Koufos and Ty play WAY better without having to share the floor with Rudy. Good thing DMC came up clutch
I'm gonna defend Collison here a little bit.

First, on Lawson: Lawson is actually kind of a special player in a way not because he's a superstar, but because he has very good game management/flow management skills. He manages tempo and momentum and morale almost perfectly. He's very good. You can see him even trying to counter the Gay effect.

Now Collison: he's good, but he doesn't have that particular skill, and when you have a Gay on your team, it gums up the works and can make the PG look bad. This is how a player like Gay actually makes his teammates worse. The "Gay efffect" is not just that he's a black hole. There's a massive emotional/mental effect where you can see our offense actually even hesitate to swing the ball to his side of the court because they know it's not coming back and there's no point in making cuts. Gay is making it tough for Collison to orchestrate the offense, and also to find his OWN shot. Because with Gay on the floor, it's Cousins, then Gay... then scraps for everybody else. Every time. Without Gay on the floor, our offense if MUCH more fluid and we are free to find the hot man, pound to Cousins in the high or low post, etc. In other words you have a responsive one-mind unit. With Gay out there you have that annoying friend that you have to worry about stealing that girl you are trying to get close to. It spoils the whole party.

In the locker room, Boogie talked about his respect for Embiid and how glad he was the officials just let them play. He said it was a fun matchup.
I also thought Cousins was sort of cruising this game. Well, the whole team seemed a little a bit off. Just didn't see intensity or focus from the get go. I think part of it lack of adequate preparation for an opponent that you know is not very strong- not that the Kings can afford to do that, but it did seem to be the case from the body language, lazy passes and the like. Or too much egg nog. Kinda street ballish at times.

I also thought Cousins was sort of cruising this game. Well, the whole team seemed a little a bit off. Just didn't see intensity or focus from the get go. I think part of it lack of adequate preparation for an opponent that you know is not very strong- not that the Kings can afford to do that, but it did seem to be the case from the body language, lazy passes and the like. Or too much egg nog. Kinda street ballish at times.
They hadn't practiced for two days and they had two players who hadn't played for a couple of weeks. Makes sense that they were sloppy.

I'm gonna defend Collison here a little bit.

First, on Lawson: Lawson is actually kind of a special player in a way not because he's a superstar, but because he has very good game management/flow management skills. He manages tempo and momentum and morale almost perfectly. He's very good. You can see him even trying to counter the Gay effect.

Now Collison: he's good, but he doesn't have that particular skill, and when you have a Gay on your team, it gums up the works and can make the PG look bad. This is how a player like Gay actually makes his teammates worse. The "Gay efffect" is not just that he's a black hole. There's a massive emotional/mental effect where you can see our offense actually even hesitate to swing the ball to his side of the court because they know it's not coming back and there's no point in making cuts. Gay is making it tough for Collison to orchestrate the offense, and also to find his OWN shot. Because with Gay on the floor, it's Cousins, then Gay... then scraps for everybody else. Every time. Without Gay on the floor, our offense if MUCH more fluid and we are free to find the hot man, pound to Cousins in the high or low post, etc. In other words you have a responsive one-mind unit. With Gay out there you have that annoying friend that you have to worry about stealing that girl you are trying to get close to. It spoils the whole party.
How do you explain Collison sucking and doing the same holding the ball too long crap when Rudy was out? he's been bad most of the year and I dont think its fair to blame Darren's struggles on Rudy.

And that, in a nutshell, is the difference between a HoF coach who doesn't give a damn and a coach who still has passion and hunger AND RESPECT for his players.
All good if we win, but if needless "respect" minutes for guys who dont deserve to be out there or are contributing heavily to losses then its not a good sign in my opinion. Your job as a coach is to produce wins(and lately hes done that) but keeping guys who probably wont be here next year happy shouldnt be at the top of his priorities....wins should be! If we lose because he subs out guys who were rolling for guys who had off nights that probably does more to pee off the locker room than anything else. Today we squeaked by so its not a problem but ideally since our 3-12 guys are so similar in talent level I'd like to see him go with whats working on that day.

dude12

Hall of Famer
All good if we win, but if needless "respect" minutes for guys who dont deserve to be out there or are contributing heavily to losses then its not a good sign in my opinion. Your job as a coach is to produce wins(and lately hes done that) but keeping guys who probably wont be here next year happy shouldnt be at the top of his priorities....wins should be! If we lose because he subs out guys who were rolling for guys who had off nights that probably does more to pee off the locker room than anything else. Today we squeaked by so its not a problem but ideally since our 3-12 guys are so similar in talent level I'd like to see him go with whats working on that day.
I think he tends to tighten the rotation late in the games and play what's working. Has lots of working pieces. And with the guys who are not going to be here next year, if he doesn't play them, it's going to ruin the vibe. It's a tough thing to do......see 76ers who sit Noel and barely play Okafor, their team vibe is crapty.

I don't agree, I was there, Cousins was getting worked by Embiid and getting zero calls, although I was pleasantly surprised they didn't call a foul on Phily's last desperation shot.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
???? You don't keep people happy unless they're going to be here next year? Yeah, that's the way to ensure locker room tranquility.:confused: :rolleyes: