[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers, Saturday, 11/18 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I honestly can live with this result because I think we're learning things.
1. WCS may be the 4 we've been looking for.
2. We need Buddy Hield.
3. We can't ice Bogs and expect him to stay hot.

I think putting WCS as the 4 may be one of the best things Joerger has done. Too many people, I think, wanted/expected Willie to step up and fill DMC's shoes and that's just not who he is. As he said, he's a lot more comfortable at the 4...and it shows.
Letting Buddy watch the flow of the game from the bench and come in as the first spark off the bench was also a great decision so far.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Losses away and wins at home. Sounds like a good plan for this season. Sucks to think that way, but I try to be realistic, if not eccentric.
I hear you...and I'm kind of surprised to find myself in the same situation. I can live with our "learning"...as long as they're actually LEARNING. I don't think anybody expected us to take TWO from Portland.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh hell no. The Pizza Guy Delivery of the Game is from the opposing team? What the heck? Doesn't Portland have their own cheering crew?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If they hadn't just used the "Delivery of the game" on Portland, they could have given it to Bogs. Idiots.

I hear you...and I'm kind of surprised to find myself in the same situation. I can live with our "learning"...as long as they're actually LEARNING. I don't think anybody expected us to take TWO from Portland.
A term I despise but still use " It is what it is"

Seems lazy, but usually sums things up nicely

Kings do not have the offensive prowess from players to withstand big deficits on the road. 0-17 from Labissiere and Temple doesn't cut it. Teams can sometimes get away with it with 1 player in the lineup having a tuurd night, but 2 or 3 players is a tall order. The night before they had the same thing, but most of the Trailblazers shared in the offensive misery.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Thanks to everyone who responded to my Willie query!

Lets see if he can go 3 in a row with the good games! He's teased us before, but I think all of us, especially those of us who've been critical, are really rooting for him to make this the norm and feed us some crow!

It'll be pretty great to see him erupt as a two way 4....

...Even better if he does it playing next to Ayton next season! :p

Thanks to everyone who responded to my Willie query!

Lets see if he can go 3 in a row with the good games! He's teased us before, but I think all of us, especially those of us who've been critical, are really rooting for him to make this the norm and feed us some crow!

It'll be pretty great to see him erupt as a two way 4....

...Even better if he does it playing next to Ayton next season! :p
WCS has been shockingly consistently great over 2 games. If he can bring that effort every night, I am rooting for the guy.
Another solid performance by Mason. Seems to be more polished running the offense than Fox. Stout defensively.
On A side note:

NBA has a lot of losing this season. 13 teams under .500. Kings need to be careful. Ayton could be a pipe dream.

WCS has been shockingly consistently great over 2 games. If he can bring that effort every night, I am rooting for the guy.
Another solid performance by Mason. Seems to be more polished running the offense than Fox. Stout defensively.
On A side note:

NBA has a lot of losing this season. 13 teams under .500. Kings need to be careful. Ayton could be a pipe dream.
As for the draft pick. It would be nice to not have to just assume we will be in the lottery. Yet, that has been the norm for the last decade plus-ish. I am trying not to get hung up on that yet. The prospects have had very little time to play thus far, and the NBA season is also early in it's cycle.

Watching the end of the game was, well, "Cool", eh?????

WCS has been extremely fun to watch recently. I hope this trend continues for the duration of his NBA career.

Mason and Fox have been a pleasant addition to this franchise, and I can't wait to continue to see them grow and mature.

And, as always, it's a good time to be a Kings fan.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well, considering he's starting to get top pick buzz, he probably is a pipe dream.

We could be the worst team in the league the next 20 years, and we'd only pull the top pick in '19.

I'm just hoping we get top 5. Unless we go on our traditional late season win streak against tanking teams, we should be locking up a top flight prospect.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On A side note:

I will remind everyone AGAIN (for the first time this season) that the worst record doesn't ensure the first pick. I don't know why that's so hard for some to realize. We're talking about the Kings here. The odds rarely if ever fall in our favor.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I had fun at the game tonight. I won a suite at the school auction, and I mean I actually won instead of outbidding the others (heads or tails game), even though since the game was vs. our team I was going to bid on it anyways.

First half was great until about 6 mins left. Not sure what happened but that run just iced the game. We took one from a home and home, and a "revenge" game for the home team is always a tough get. I am happy with the result of both matches, and I am in full on "learning" mode. I really do think with a nice complimentary piece (hopefully a superstar level talent) this team is going to be good in a few seasons. We may still regret 2019 in a big way, but I am hopeful we're headed in the right direction and it only goes up from here.

Surprisingly there were quite a few Kings fans in our suite, including a little guy in a Cousins jersey (I asked him if he was heartbroken) and had a nice chat with his mom, and another cat in a Fredette jersey - I told him that was pure dedication and that I would rather watch Horry sink that three on repeat than relive Jimmer's career.

Anyways, I enjoyed my Kings game this year. Hoping I'll get to see the next one at G1C, but until then...