[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - 12/28/16 - 7PT/10ET

Huge opportunity tonight. A win gives us the season series and puts us four games up in loss column. Also really hard to see any team below us being capable of going on a 6-8 game win streak. If we can get to .500 it puts us in a good spot.

Huge indeed.
May secure us pretty nicely in our head-to-head match with the Blazers.
OTOH, I'm not sure, but it looks like we are at risk of dropping out of the 8th tonight (after 3 days of glory) in case we lose this one and the Nuggets beat Minnie.
Am I right?

Huge indeed.
May secure us pretty nicely in ouf head-to-head wih the Blazers.
OTOH, I think we are at risk of dropping out of the 8th tonight if we lose this one and the Nuggets beat Minnie. Am I right?
That might be the case with the Nuggets, I haven't looked. Obviously it helps the Kings' cause if teams below them lose and I usually check the standings daily but in the end the Kings just need to win 41 or more games and then it shouldn't matter what anyone else does.

And while I'm very concerned with this roster next season and beyond, the reality is that the Kings are in a nice position this year. 8 of the 15 guys are new this year (all but the 3 rookies get regular minutes) and a new coach and they are still in the 8th spot right now.

Barring substantial injury(s) they should only improve with more time in Joerger's system and more familiarity with one another.

The Kings could fizzle or fall apart as they have in previous seasons but I think this group is different.

We'll see.

We get the tiebreaker if we win this and who knows that could be handy in playoffs seedings.

Beyond that, if Lillard is out we must capitalise and win. Given CJ will be their primary scoring option we should start temple and have him focus on locking him down.

Expect a fiery game. Portland will come out in force now there is blood in the water.

Demarcus to show his growth, keep his cool and to bring home the W. 60 points or so to his name.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Just read on twitter that Rudy is out due to hip flexor strain...also Afflalo is out again. Rudy must have reinjured it. Soooooo, I guess the Rudy bump is in play!

The conspiracy theorist in me would note that Payne is due back at any time now.

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg

Last call to a few remaining regulars:
We missed you lately, buddies:
Never too late to get back home, lost brothers:
Never too late to start, prediction rookies :D:
Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (in about 5.5 hours)

Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

Some info about the prediction game results:
Last night's summary: View attachment 6114
Current leaderboard: View attachment 6116

Last edited:
S

sactownfan

Just read on Rotoworld that Rudy is OUT tonight!
Not good... the hip thing is a nagging injury... I felt like he rushed his return seeing how I do physical therapy...

he needs to be healthy and tradable... while he obviously isn't the long term solution to this team playing the best basketball... he's still extremely talented (in his own way)

And even tho it's not pretty he did play well in the 2nd half last game.

He's at his worst when he holds the ball too long and does the ISO thing... that's on Dave Joerger to put an end to that.

Not good... the hip thing is a nagging injury... I felt like he rushed his return seeing how I do physical therapy...

he needs to be healthy and tradable... while he obviously isn't the long term solution to this team playing the best basketball... he's still extremely talented (in his own way)

And even tho it's not pretty he did play well in the 2nd half last game.

He's at his worst when he holds the ball too long and does the ISO thing... that's on Dave Joerger to put an end to that.
No it's not I'm pretty sure every oth coach has tried. It's on Gay change or trade and we know he's not changing

Winning this game would actually be like winning 2 vs. the Blazers, as it is the last time we play them, and would give us the series 3-1. So not only 1 game i the standings, but winning a tiebreaker should we and the Blazers be tied at season's end too. They'd have to pass us completely.
That would be HUGE

I just want big Cuz to remain focused and not make it a point to have another big scoring game. Play within the gameplan and see how Portland is approaching things defensively, and hopefully our bench steps up again in another balanced attack type of victory

I want cousins as fresh as possible down the stretch of this season

Portland still has some great shooters and scorers. I'm not really at ease, even with Lillard out, but I like that we have something to play for

I just want big Cuz to remain focused and not make it a point to have another big scoring game. Play within the gameplan and see how Portland is approaching things defensively, and hopefully our bench steps up again in another balanced attack type of victory

I want cousins as fresh as possible down the stretch of this season
Agree. Last year on the 5 game winning streak Cousins put the team on his back. He had nothing left after the OT game against Charlotte and he and the team were done after that.

Hopefully, Cousins has learned he doesn't have to score 50 tonight for his team to win.

S

sactownfan

No it's not I'm pretty sure every oth coach has tried. It's on Gay change or trade and we know he's not changing
I think we totally agree... Gay is detrimental to the overall quality of basketball here in Sacramento ... but he can be reigned in some at least till he's traded...

Straight up tho if a player isn't doing what u want or what's good for the team...a great coach like Greg pop would pull that fool out and sit him... Joerger either has little control or is afraid... but at the end of the day Gay is still gonna screw up being ISO

Straight up tho if a player isn't doing what u want or what's good for the team...a great coach like Greg pop would pull that fool out and sit him... Joerger either has little control or is afraid... but at the end of the day Gay is still gonna screw up being ISO
Not sure that it is this black or white and these seem like pretty skewed, odd, and inaccurate explanations.

Joerger is coaching a team and there are many dynamics, most of which we can't see or understand, that go into his decisions. Pretty sure he isn't making decisions based on lack of control or fear.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's fine, but doesn't mean Cuz needs to like it. It can still be both a good tactic and a reason for cuz to be pissed. They got a reaction out of him last game....just the wrong reaction for them.
Cousins can get pissed all he wants...but if he doesn't use that anger towards his opponent in a positive manner than I can see more teams applying those tactics to take him out of the game either via jump shooting, technical fouls or personal fouls.

I think we totally agree... Gay is detrimental to the overall quality of basketball here in Sacramento ... but he can be reigned in some at least till he's traded...

He may have a different view than yours.