[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - 12/28/16 - 7PT/10ET

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by CyKings, Dec 24, 2016.

1. CyKings

CyKings Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
    NewArena and lwc like this.
  2. jcwkings

jcwkings Well-Known Member

lwc likes this.
  3. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

I'm not saying that I would feel particularly aggrieved if Lillard's mobility was hampered against us on Wednesday, but it feels like some sort of design flaw in the construction of social media that a comment that Lillard rolled his ankle could receive eleven hundred-plus "likes."
    NewArena, lwc, King Baller and 6 others like this.
  4. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

If not for the game earlier this week I'd think I could get tix pretty cheap to this one. Blazers just stink this year.
  5. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Not entirely sure if Lillard's ankle even matters this year. All I have seen him do this year is launch 30 foot threes
  6. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

A game thread four days early? people really are looking forward to this rematch I see.
  7. VF21

VF21 #InVladeWeTrust Staff Member Contributor

Read the first post.
  8. VF21

Lillard is questionable for Wednesday's game.
  9. TheJewishKing

TheJewishKing Active Member

An important game for both the Kings and the Trail Blazers, it can be a comfortable spot for the Blazers to get back in buisness and strive to get their playoffs opportunity again, only yesterday they lost at home against a very strong Toronto Raptors team, they still have a lot to sell and we all know the Kings are not a very stable team.

As for the Kings a win against the Blazers will mean that we make another step towards maintaining that eighth playoffs spot and chasing that 7th seed, we had an amazingly close game against the Blazers at home not long ago, where the Blazers were able to squeeze the best out of DeMarcus Cousins, I hope it will be easier this time.

I think that this one will be very crucial and I hope the Kings will be able to pull a W in this one.
    NewArena and lwc like this.
  10. dude12

dude12 Well-Known Member

Winning against these other teams battling for the last playoff spots is a big deal. The refs will be watching Cuz and Leonard closely.
  11. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Don't Make Me Use The Bat Staff Member Contributor

Winning this game would actually be like winning 2 vs. the Blazers, as it is the last time we play them, and would give us the series 3-1. So not only 1 game i the standings, but winning a tiebreaker should we and the Blazers be tied at season's end too. They'd have to pass us completely.
  12. VF21

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Was wondering about that.

This is by far the biggest game of the season. Team is fired up and focused right now. Blazers are sliding but a wounded animal is sometimes the most dangerous. Should be a great game but I don't see Boogie letting us lose. Not a chance. Folks this is what having a superstar does for you.
    NewArena and flamecrow like this.
  14. Larry89

Larry89 Disgruntled Kings Fan

Gotta watch out for that pissed off Meyers Leonard
    flamecrow likes this.
  15. The Hammer

He can get pretty disrespectful.
    NewArena and flamecrow like this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Well-Known Member Contributor

I was amazingly tense during this game. It was very important. A decent team should be able to beat a crappy team even when the decent team is playing crappy.
    Tetsujin likes this.
  17. parker

parker Active Member

Additionally, it helps when the crappy team is also playing crappy.
    Glenn likes this.
  18. lawlman91

lawlman91 Well-Known Member

19. Glenn

Glenn Well-Known Member Contributor

Leonard was in the game to provoke Boogie. I think that's what Boogie means by "ridiculous."
  20. nebs

nebs Well-Known Member

that's exactly what he was talking about.
  21. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

If you were a head coach and you knew that he had tendencies to take himself out of the game with hard fouls and constant complaining, wouldn't you try to provoke him as well if it meant giving your team a better chance of victory? I know I would apply that tactic myself with my bigs or forwards and try to mentally dissuade him from dominating me.
  22. swisshh

swisshh Well-Known Member

I don't think Portland starts Meyers Leonard in this one. Plumlee defends him better than the rest of their bigs. They might start Ed Davis, who is a decent defender.
  23. The Hammer

It's fun to pretend it will matter who they will start, but Cuz just started keeping a poopoo list and Portland was the inaugural entry. This is a great budding rivalry and We can expect Cousins to put on a show from here on out vs. Portland.
    km23 likes this.
  24. Gliesian

Gliesian Active Member

Important game in many ways. I really want Rudy to fit in with this squad and if we hover around .500 post Dec 23rd, we gotta keep him!
    NewArena and km23 like this.
  25. Čarolija

Čarolija Well-Known Member

Well I hope they poke the bear in this one so he can go off for 60 against thm this time around.
    SLAB and Spike like this.
  26. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

I for one hope that Big Ciz doesn't say mean and disrespectful things to Meyers Leonard on the floor. This game is to be played like gentlemen, and there is no need for disrespect.

Courteous handshakes for all.
  27. The Hammer

Yuge game tonight.
    NewArena, Sac.1989 and Ron like this.
  28. Ron

Ron Active Member

Sure is! Huge as well! :)
  29. Ron

Ron Active Member

Looks like Lillard is downgraded to OUT.

Comment: Lillard (ankle) will remain out Wednesday against the Kings, Chris Haynes of ESPN reports.
    (http://www.espn.com/nba/injuries)
    whoopdeedoo likes this.
  30. TaxMan

TaxMan Member

That's fine, but doesn't mean Cuz needs to like it. It can still be both a good tactic and a reason for cuz to be pissed. They got a reaction out of him last game....just the wrong reaction for them.