Kings to fire Karl in coming days

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is classless. If you're going to fire Karl, then man up and fire him rather than leave him twisting in the wind. For days we've read the reports of his imminent demise. What a bunch of little girls.
Probably trying to figure out who the next coach is going to be, interim wise. Seeing who is best fit for the position

This is just another symptom of a franchise flailing around like a fish out of water. If feels like this franchise can't do anything right. From hiring to firing.

I'm willing to put this franchises past blunders in the past Karl too. And to be honest vlade hasn't done anything wrong with the situation he was given, he tried to make the coaching situation work, signed some solid vets, and made a good pick.

And rondo just stated that Karl was giving out optional shootarounds, instead of mandatory. you can't expect to win when 3 or 4 guys show up

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can see the approach they wanted to take here. Let Karl finish out this road trip before going into the All-star break and have more time with team to implement some schemes and things of that sort. No celebration here though, this team needs to tank the remainder of the season and pursue different players in the off season.

I just hope Vlade is working the phones, holding meetings and getting us a legit coach to take us forward now. Interim coaches aside, this season isn't a lost cause and Vlade needs to be emphasising that

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I just hope Vlade is working the phones, holding meetings and getting us a legit coach to take us forward now. Interim coaches aside, this season isn't a lost cause and Vlade needs to be emphasising that
I suspect that the very fact that Karl was NOT fired after the disaster in Brooklyn is precisely BECAUSE Vlade is working to line up a coach he sees as "the right guy" (Tibbs please). If there were no options or interest I would assume he would pull the plug and let an interim coach take over. So there may be a silver lining to the entire debacle of the past few days that looks very much like feed the old dog steak and treats, and sleep in it's favorite spot before you take them on their last car ride.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I suspect that the very fact that Karl was NOT fired after the disaster in Brooklyn is precisely BECAUSE Vlade is working to line up a coach he sees as "the right guy" (Tibbs please). If there were no options or interest I would assume he would pull the plug and let an interim coach take over. So there may be a silver lining to the entire debacle of the past few days that looks very much like feed the old dog steak and treats, and sleep in it's favorite spot before you take them on their last car ride.

I can see the approach they wanted to take here. Let Karl finish out this road trip before going into the All-star break and have more time with team to implement some schemes and things of that sort. No celebration here though, this team needs to tank the remainder of the season and pursue different players in the off season.
I don't see the point in their approach. They can name an interim coach who doesn't have to be the coach for the rest of the year. They players would show more heart playing for a cardboard cutout than George Karl.

I

Im Still Ballin

We've got no shot at Thibs. I presume he's smarter than to take a big check that could jeopardize his coaching reputation and future employment. The better choice for him is New York right now. There'll probably be even better options after the season ends.

I

Im Still Ballin

Hey, that's the reality of the situation. We are not calling the shots with Thibs. He's a prestigious coach and even if he did come here, he'd get sunk under Cousins just like pretty much every coach he has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.