[Game] Kings @ Suns (Pre-Season) Game Discussion

Also, I gotta say its funny to watch so many people in full meltdown because of a few Boogie three point attempts in a preseason game. Especially in a game Boogie got to the free throw line NINE times in 19 minutes. But yes, Boogie is ruined for good :p

It seems Coach Karl has a delightful job in the pre-season of choosing starters between Ben andMarco, between Rondo and Collisn'sh, and between Willie and Kosta. Not a bad job.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah, but a .250 three-point shooter is more efficient than a .375 two-point shooter, so analytics says he should shoot more threes. Or something.
Technically, those are equally efficient.

Also, Cousins didn't shoot .250 from three yesterday - the 3-12 was his overall line. He shot .333 from three (1-3) and .222 from two (2-9). Now, it is true that .333 from three is vastly more efficient than .222 from two, and if you believe that those are his true numbers (obviously I don't) you would suggest he shoot threes (then crash the offensive boards).

I'm not sure that anybody here is actually arguing that, though.

One could say, eh, preseason and brush it off. Or perhaps Karl might put together a scheme based on Cousins being able to knock down at least 35% on a three that forces a paint defender to come out on him and opens the paint for cutters (whom Cousins can then find for easy baskets because he's a great passer). Otherwise, no, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well if DMC is gonna keep playing this way come the start of the season I would be in favor of WCS starting over Kofous. On defense you could have WCS defending out on the perimeter dealing with all the switches and such and DMC being big in the paint.
It's not like WCS will be playing all that much either, maybe 20-25 mpg. Koufous would still probably get the majority of the minutes and would help the bench rebound considering Acy still has problems in that area.

Also, the offense also looks very clunky, I mean I knew it would take some time to gel and for the team to get into a rhythm considering its only preseason...but damn.