[Game] Kings @ Sixers, 12/13/2022 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huerter is 16/66 from 3 over the last 10 games. 24%. 50%+ was unsustainable, but it sure would help if he could keep it steady at ~40%.
Yeah, he'll come back, just like Keegan. If the Kings rely on him being the guy he was at the start then this is going to head downhill fast, hahaha, Monte finding the greatest secret in the league for a protected 1st was never the answer, lol. Although certainly a part of one. They simply run too much offense for the side guys IMO. They did then and they are now. This team will gain whatever success they get by getting the ball into the middle and creating from there. That's play 1. the DHO's, the weave, the post plays, those are options b, c, and d.

The team shooting has gone in the toilet, from all locations. You can look everywhere else, but this comes down to a big shooting deficit
True, but the biggest issue going forward is the defense. We saw this team have to go insane offensively to put together a run before they started to really commit to a pressure switch scheme. Then it looked like, hey, they might be for real. This team will always be offense first but the defensive swings are more incredible than any we have seen since Joerger. Walton was NEVER as good as Brown has shown for those few games but he was also not as bad at his worst. It's crazy. The good news is, the quicker Brown and staff figure this out the quicker they can find that consistency.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Gotta be deflating for Sabonis to have so many of his people in the crowd, the one time a year the Kings get to Philadelphia, just to watch him get shellacked like that.

True, but the biggest issue going forward is the defense. We saw this team have to go insane offensively to put together a run before they started to really commit to a pressure switch scheme. Then it looked like, hey, they might be for real. This team will always be offense first but the defensive swings are more incredible than any we have seen since Joerger. Walton was NEVER as good as Brown has shown for those few games but he was also not as bad at his worst. It's crazy. The good news is, the quicker Brown and staff figure this out the quicker they can find that consistency.
I kind of disagree with this. This team isn’t built to defend anybody. Yes we need them to give effort on that end every night, but this team is going to go as far as the offense can take us. We need consistency on that end. The fact that we have multiple key players that have mediocre shooting nights frequently is incredibly problematic to me.

I kind of disagree with this. This team isn’t built to defend anybody. Yes we need them to give effort on that end every night, but this team is going to go as far as the offense can take us. We need consistency on that end. The fact that we have multiple key players that have mediocre shooting nights frequently is incredibly problematic to me.
Yeah, and I admit that this is an OFFENSIVE team but what's the bar on defense? They made it to 16th during that stretch of switch defense, which is honestly higher than I expected, but a clear sign of how they should play. Or at least play more of. Doing it for a full game on a nightly basis obviously isn't doable, especially with a team light on length like this one but the balance needs to head more towards that direction. Brown even talked about their help scheme this game which is like, WTF are you watching dude? However, if they do help then they really need to pressure and trap more. No more positional crap since they don't have the length or footspeed to get back out and challenge most nights depending on if they play the Lyles/Metu frontcourt or a 4 G lineup.

These Kings are starting to look closer to the 2018-19 team now. Glad I didn't watch this game - 80-55 at half.....not gonna work. Same problems as the earlier team - well - at least today they did better in rebounding and FTs. But Starters went 4-22 on 3pt tries.......18%....you're not gonna win many games on that percentage.

My stupid job made me miss what was apparently a very stupid game. I’m too tired to look at the box score but I don’t really care. Game 4 of a road trip against the Sixers. Okay. Even the best teams get crap on. This isn’t a scenario to judge things on

it’s also amusing to see the huge surge in fan engagement this year being barnacled by folks who want to come back to insist we’re still trash when they couldn’t be bothered to come complain about puke walton

Bjelica first Kings season all over again, but Kings are way more talented than that team and could weather it unlike that season.
Well the record indicates equivalency at this point - 14-12 - exact same record as the 2018-2019 team. You can say what you want on talent, the 2019 team gave token defense. These blowouts are a bit unsettling. The Bucks loss was well played, but these last too were fall-offs. I don't buy the long road trip woe-is-me stories. If your shot isn't falling get to the line.....15+ point quarter deficits though indicate consistent failure in defense..

This road trip is like watching a JV team play against the Varsity. East coast teams figured out how to play against soft, three point shooting teams. Only reason why the Dubs are able to beat the East Coast teams is because they have a generational player on their squad. All good. I saw Monte on the baseline on TV. He'll be doing a face to face soon with Masai. Keegan + Mitchell + three future unprotected firsts for OG and Siakam is incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.