Kings sign Darren Collison

I question your sobriety if you would rather start JT, Landry or Evans over Hawes next to Cousins. Cousins/Hawes actually sound like a decent pairing, especially if we had a coach like Adelman. Two good passers, both 7 footers with length. Niether is a great shotblocker but both challenge and alter shots pretty well. One bangs inside and the other spaces the floor. Good balance of power and skill.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If the options are JT, Reggie Evans or Carl Landry, yes I would rather start Spencer Hawes, his skillset compliments Cousins much better than any of those guys. He also gets paid less than JT or Landry.Have you guys even seen Spencer Hawes play post Kings?
Yes. Still doesn't board well for a big, shoots way too many threes. He had one really good year for Philly which happened to be a contract year. Brad Miller walked a similar path late in his career -- abandoning the inside to become a perimeter shooting point center. The numbers aren't bad, but he does nothing to help us where we need it the most -- on the defensive end.

I question your sobriety if you would rather start JT, Landry or Evans over Hawes next to Cousins. Cousins/Hawes actually sound like a decent pairing, especially if we had a coach like Adelman. Two good passers, both 7 footers with length. Niether is a great shotblocker but both challenge and alter shots pretty well. One bangs inside and the other spaces the floor. Good balance of power and skill.
And I find myself agreeing with you once again! Perhaps our views are actually similar outside the areas of Thomas and Evans. As a non-local, I've never been bothered by Hawes' comments during the Seattle saga. I think he's a solid player who despite not quite reaching his potential is still a solid 3rd big or even possibly a decent starting big man as long as he's not one of the main options. Like I mentioned in the other thread, it will be interesting to watch his development on a winning team. He is still only 26.