Maurice Taylor

Sonic deal:
Sene
Chris Wilcox
Earl Watson
Danny Fortson
top 3 protected 2007 pick

Why for the Sonics:
They become the best shooting team in the league and build a team good enough to compete in the west with Ray Allen now. This deal would allow the Sonics to make the playoffs this year and be contenders for the next 3-4 years.

Sonics line-up after deal:

C: Brad Miller, Johan Petro, Robert Swift
PF: Nick Collison, Maurice Taylor, Andre Brown
SF: Rashard Lewis(when healthy), Damien Wilkins
SG: Ray Allen, Mikael Gelebele
PG: Mike Bibby, Luke Ridnour, Mike Wilks

That team looks awesome on paper and IMO would be up there as a top 4 team come playoff time.

Why for the Kings:

Rebuild time

Kings line-up after deal:

C: Chris Wilcox, Sene, Vitaly Potapenko
PF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Kenny Thomas, Justin Williams
SF: Ron Artest, Francisco Garcia, Corliss Williamson
SG: Kevin Martin, John Salmons, Quincy Douby
PG: Earl Watson, Ronnie Price, Jason Hart
Waived: Danny Fortson

Forget about trading Bibby. We need the organization to focus on re-tooling the 4 and 5 spot, not the 1.

And I for one don't want Fortson on the Kings. Fortson and Artest together. It would be like the Detroit and Indiana brawl all over again, except one team would be standing on the sidelines while the Kings fought themselves.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Forget about trading Bibby. We need the organization to focus on re-tooling the 4 and 5 spot, not the 1.

And I for one don't want Fortson on the Kings. Fortson and Artest together. It would be like the Detroit and Indiana brawl all over again, except one team would be standing on the sidelines while the Kings fought themselves.
I'm not saying I like this deal but the point was on re-tooling the 4 and 5. You get two centers. And a pick in a big heavy draft.

Also he said to waive Fortson.

I'd actually be in favor of a similar deal I'd just hope we could get a little more in return.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I agree with Doc. Bibby has his issues but the 1 spot is not the biggest concern. Remeber Bibby took us to the WCF when he had players around him worth a damn.

Bibby
Martin
Artest

whatever with the rest and if you get somebody good Artest can go as well.

Did you miss the, Waived: Danny Fortson, at the bottom of the Kings line-up?

I agree with Doc. Bibby has his issues but the 1 spot is not the biggest concern. Remeber Bibby took us to the WCF when he had players around him worth a damn.

Bibby
Martin
Artest

whatever with the rest and if you get somebody good Artest can go as well.
Man, everybody should leave expect for Martin, Douby, and Graica. If bibby leaves first then so be it because we need to rebuild.

And No, No, No it was not bibby who took us anywhere it was webber. Bibby has proved that he is nothing but a second or third tier player, if he was something different he would somehow lead this team to the playoffs.

I don't understand. What is this top 3 pick we get from seatle in that deal? If that is true, I'm definitely up for this. We need big men, and we get to young big men, and I actually like Watson. At least he plays decent defense from what I've seen. And Wilcox, when given a decent amount of minutes is a pretty good rebounder. How well does he defend the post though?

Problem with Bibby is, he's our most valuable player (sans Martin for his youth). If we want something of value, we have to part with one of, if not both of them.

Other then Reef maybe, we have little value in our assets.

I don't understand. What is this top 3 pick we get from seatle in that deal? If that is true, I'm definitely up for this. We need big men, and we get to young big men, and I actually like Watson. At least he plays decent defense from what I've seen. And Wilcox, when given a decent amount of minutes is a pretty good rebounder. How well does he defend the post though?

Top 3 protection means if the pick is anywhere between 4-30 the Kings get it, otherwise seattle keeps it if they WIN the lottery(or are even still in the lottery).

This trade alters the path this franchise is on. It commits it to rebuilding and being 3-4 years away from competing at a high level again(at minimum.)

IMO, if you trade Bibby or Artest, you have to get rid of Thomas in the deal if you get little talent in return.

I'm fine trading either, but, unless you get nice talent in return (which I doubt), then you have to include your nasty contracts.

Wow, after this trade Seattle would be the worst defensive team in the history of the NBA. And I don't see much reason for them to make this trade. I think they're pretty happy with their youth, I think they're hoping to just fill in around the edges.

Man, everybody should leave expect for Martin, Douby, and Graica. If bibby leaves first then so be it because we need to rebuild.

And No, No, No it was not bibby who took us anywhere it was webber. Bibby has proved that he is nothing but a second or third tier player, if he was something different he would somehow lead this team to the playoffs.
He was a good an important piece to that puzzle. You are right he did not do it by himself, but he was a good piece. He's one of the top point guards in the league, it's a good thing to have, he needs better players around him.

Oh and just to make it clear, I will poo poo any deal that does not include Kenny Thomas or Brad Miller. They are the first to go.

People that I think could be quality players on this team, whether starting or coming off the bench are:

Bibby
Martin
Corliss
Salmons

Douby-Maybe, because he's not a true point guard and that's what he'd have to play. Some complain about Bibby being too much of a 2 guard because he scores, well Douby will be the same thing.
Ronnie Price

Artest- if he decides to be consistant. If not, get rid of him he is no good to us.

Justin Williams- Although we haven't seen him, he can't be any worse than our current front line..

People I can part with:
Hart
Garcia
Taylor
Miller
Kenny Thomas
SAR
Potopenko