[Game] Kings @ Rockets 2/6/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that Monk was hot all of a sudden, but he actually scored thirteen straight points in the fourth quarter. By then, they were up by 21.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Is it just me or does Silas sound like a bad actor playing a basketball coach at the local community theater?
He sounds like a guy who doesn't like his job. Which makes me feel a little bad for all of the head coaches who lived through that on the Sacramento sideline for the past however many years. Except George Karl -- I don't feel bad for him.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I closed the "Fox out???" thread not only because it was no longer relevant, but mostly because it had devolved into a fist fight. Normally when a fist fight thread is closed, the parties involved should take the hint, and knock off the fight. The last thing you should do is go to the game thread after the game and start carrying out the fight all over again.

All posts in that carry over have been deleted. Further attempts to carry out that fight, from any party on any side, in this thread or any other thread, will result in a thread ban and possibly other consequences. You wanna get in a fist fight, go to Reddit or Twitter or wherever. We don't do that here, and you all know it.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I feel bad for Silas but based on his stint in Houston he really has no business in his current profession.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Smith is so underdeveloped physically right now. Then again, what did Keegan look like at 19? haha.
If I’m not mistaken that’s around the age Keegan and Kris grew a couple of inches so probably pretty similar to how Jabari looks now. The one thing that’s clear in these matchups though is that Keegan’s feel for the game/limited but polished offensive skill set is miles ahead of whatever Jabari’s working with right now. Defensively, Jabari’s shown potential (maybe not as much as when he had Kessler playing goalie behind him in Auburn ) but his offense has been much worse than I thought it would be watching him in college (his shooting stroke abandoning him in the NBA might play a huge part).

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I feel bad for Silas but based on his stint in Houston he really has no business in his current profession.
It's hard to blame him. It's a very young roster set up with a lot of "me first" players. I think there's a lot of good individual talent on that roster, but they're miles away from being a good team. It'll take another coach/team for some of them.

Sounds familiar. I'm glad it's their problem and not ours.

29, but still absurdly impressive.

We could play .500 the rest of the season and improve 15 games on last year.
They're going to need to play near .500 - and that's actually not easy considering their schedule. I would actually be a little surprised if they pull it off with how much they rely on offense and the stink bombs laid randomly here and there. I think they are under .500 against quite a few of the teams they are playing on a repeat. Going .500 on the season, goal number 1 is very attainable, but would honestly be a fairly big letdown if they only make that with how they've played thus far. 29 games is alot of games, and the competition is rough.

They're going to need to play near .500 - and that's actually not easy considering their schedule. I would actually be a little surprised if they pull it off with how much they rely on offense and the stink bombs laid randomly here and there. I think they are under .500 against quite a few of the teams they are playing on a repeat. Going .500 on the season, goal number 1 is very attainable, but would honestly be a fairly big letdown if they only make that with how they've played thus far. 29 games is alot of games, and the competition is rough.
I think the Kings have proven themselves by now. We've had a lot of tough stretches and won games people didn't expect. meh

They have gotten better as the season has gone on, to think they will regress just as their chemistry is getting better is kind of silly. But you do you

Status
Not open for further replies.