[Game] Kings @ Pelicans (Play-In Tournament) - 4/19 6:30PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure making the playoffs is no longer the bar for success that the organization has in mind. They expect to make the playoffs, and so do the fans which is what makes this season a disappointment. They want to go to the finals.
Everyone wants to go to the finals. I don’t care what MB says about aspirations, even totally healthy this team isn’t close to a title contender. Monte needs to make his money this offseason.

One of the few non head-in-the-sand responses re: Brown. I appreciate that. Ok, you may be right... but next year will be playoffs or bust for Brown. Would you agree that if we lay an egg like we did in the last third of the season like we did this year and miss the playoffs we should go in a different direction?

We can promote from within if we want to maintain continuity (valid concern).
Well, there would certainly be a much better case for it than right now, IMO. And promoting from within (Jordy or DC, if they are still with the org) would definitely be the way to go, I believe, along with keeping as much of the staff in tact as possible. That is, IF they do decide to move on from Brown for whatever reasons.

My biggest concern is falling backward with regards to instability and the perception around the league that this org wouldn't be a good place to play. As much as we all hate it, I think maintaining stability, continuity, and our regular season winning ways for more than just 2 or 3 seasons should be the focus. Because it can lead to a much longer run and to even bigger and better things.

But, if this 2-season winning basketball momentum stalls out -- it could be back to prolonged losing and a negative perception all around the league.

This team isn’t good enough to get to a conference final let alone win a championship, which, last time I checked, is the aim of the game.

we did very well last year but can’t deny the huge helping hand from other teams misfortunes and injuries.

were like the late 2000s Atlanta hawks team. Good enough for the playoffs. Might surprise someone in round one but that’s it.

Keegan would have to make a huge leap next year to change that… I mean huge.

lol keep believing that if you want. We beat them this year also. They will have issues with Valenchunas. He is too big for Chet and he just backs him down with ease. The NBA also has a new playoff format where teams seem to play every 2-3 days now and it’s a possibility that Zion can be back if it goes 5/6 games. That’ll be over 2 weeks.
I dont believe... I know! :p

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
lol keep believing that if you want. We beat them this year also. They will have issues with Valenchunas. He is too big for Chet and he just backs him down with ease. The NBA also has a new playoff format where teams seem to play every 2-3 days now and it’s a possibility that Zion can be back if it goes 5/6 games. That’ll be over 2 weeks.
Narrator voice: “Zion would not be back. In fact, the series would not go 5 games.”