Kings open to trading their pick?!

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/92155

Meanwhile, Phoenix was still working the phones in an attempt to secure a top-10 pick in Thursday’s NBA draft. The Suns don’t want a pick any lower than 10th to ensure a shot at one of the players they want.

Sources confirm there are two possible trade scenarios on the table:

• One involves just draft picks, with Phoenix dealing its 24th overall pick in Thursday’s draft along with Atlanta’s first-round pick in 2008 for a chance to move up.

• The other involves one or more picks and a player — indications point to James Jones or Kurt Thomas — for a spot among Thursday’s lottery picks.

Beginning with Charlotte at No. 8 and Sacramento at No. 10, there are teams willing to dangle their selection for a chance to acquire multiple assets, which the Suns have to offer
OK so lets consider the real possibility that Horford, Yi, B. Wright and Hawes (who we apparently like) are off the table when pick 10 comes around. Would you trade our pick this year #10 for Pick 24 and Atlanta's unprotected pick in next year's draft?!

Considering that we are talking about Atlanta here, they are a certainty to be in the lottery again next year.

With pick 24, Petrie could do his bit and select a pleasant surprise and we would likely have 2 lottery picks next year.

Atlanta is in the East though and they got TWO lottery picks that can be parlayed (through the draft or trade) into quality talent. They also have a nice core of JJ/Smoove and Chilly with Marvin Williams ready to perhaps have a breakout year. I could see Atlanta make a HUGE jump in the East this year and turning that pick into a high teens to mid twenties pick. So you're trading your lotto pick for a mid twenties pick this year and potentially a pick that could be ANYWHERE on the board.

That's a little too risky for me. I'd want the Suns to make move Marion for Artest/Thomas or add the #29 pick as well or just do a straight swap of Kurt for Kenny just so that way if we do end up getting screwed on the Atl pick, it wasn't for naught and we were able to dump Kenny.

we have to ask, will atlanta be in the lottery next year?? they have 2 lotto picks this year who should help them out. if they pick a center and a PG... they should be a solid team.

we have to ask, will atlanta be in the lottery next year?? they have 2 lotto picks this year who should help them out. if they pick a center and a PG... they should be a solid team.
True.. I think more on the lines of Drafting for Detroit, and taking their two picks. We can get a sleeper in the late first, and a big at #15 like Jason Smith.

I'd definitely consider it if the bigs are off the board. Atlanta is still a loooong way from being good -- they looked like a D-League team even before they started tanking last year. And you can bet on continued mismanagement. Since it's an unprotected pick you're potentially looking at two lottery picks next year (and two shots at #1) in a draft loaded with potential franchise point guards. It's the sort of gamble that's risky but could pay off in a big way.

If you could make it KennyT/#10 for KurtT/#24/2008 1st that'd be gravy. Take Kyryolo Fesenko this year and next year you potentially have cap space and draft the best point guard available.

what makes you think anyone good will be in next years draft

You kidding me? I can name 8 right off the top of my head that are great prospects. Of that 8 I can guarantee that at least 6 of those will be in the draft next year. I really am liking Jordan's game. Think of getting 2 lottery picks, and drafting Mayo, and Jordan...
Mayo PG
Jordan C
Rose PG
Beasley PF
Hibbert C
Greene SF
Gordon PG
Budinger SG