[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Saturday, Oct. 21 - 6 PT

I know we have George Hill and I like him, but I feel like Fox needs to start already. He's ready now, he doesn't need to sit and learn. This kid just has it. I know coach won't do it, but either Hill or Buddy should come off the bench pronto.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I know we have George Hill and I like him, but I feel like Fox needs to start already. He's ready now, he doesn't need to sit and learn. This kid just has it. I know coach won't do it, but either Hill or Buddy should come off the bench pronto.
Buddy. Dudes worthless if his shots not falling. Let him be a Jamal Crawford 6th man, come in jack threes, and if they're not falling bench him.

Buddy should definitely come off the bench. The man can't create for himself

gunks

Hall of Famer
I like Fox with the 2nd unit. Gives em punch (along with Skal, who's been a super consistent scorer so far)! He's only 19, as long as he's getting minutes I don't see any reason to rush into starting him while we have Hill (although it's nice to know he'd likely be fine starting if Hill gets injured).

I wouldn't mind seeing what Bogs can do with the starters once he's ready to go... Send Buddy to the bench, where he would probably benefit from playing alongside Fox. He needs to work through this funk, but I think he'll be fine. Last season wasn't a fluke.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I hate to say I expected this, but I expected this. Young inexperienced team on a back to back at high altitude, yep, I expected this. I didn't expect it to be this bad, but I'll say one thing, it was a team effort. Everyone, except for maybe Skal and Fox, were equally bad. I do think Willie played pretty good defense for most of the game, but like everyone else, couldn't make a damm shot and/or, refused to take some open shots. He did end up with around 8 boards, but probably should have had 15 or 16 if he had been able to hang on to the ball.

The one player that concerns me is Buddy. He's really struggling and except for a little span in game 2, he's been absolutely terrible. To be fair, he's not all bad. He does come up with the occasional hustle play, and he does put out effort on the defensive side. But offensively, he hasn't been what we expected. To make matters worse, he's forcing the issue at times, trying to make something happen in areas he's not equipped for. I realize its only been three games, but maybe moving Bogdanovic into the starting two spot and moving Buddy to the bench will help get his head straight.

As someone posted, Buddy's strength is his ability to put the ball in the basket, and if that's not happening, then he leaves a huge gaping hole offensively on the starting unit. Maybe sitting on the bench and watching to start games will help get him better prepared. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before his shot starts to fall. Other than, I'm forgetting that this game ever happened, and hopefully the team does as well. Tiny step, tiny steps. Go Kings! There, I feel better already....:eek:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Agree 100%. I have been subject to unprovoked backlash too. It's a turnoff. If you have a problem with my substance, go ahead and challenge it. Don't challenge my tone. I appreciate fans who are relatively objective in their analysis. Positive comments about the team and players should be earned, NOT obligatory for the sake of positivity. If the team is playing like crap, and players are playing like crap, the tone of your comments SHOULD reflect this "crappiness".
Why? Because that's how you choose to react? That's only one side of the coin.

All I did was ask him if he ever saw anything from a positive point of view. That's not unprovoked backlash. That's a comment based on reading virtually everything he posts. I was not rude. Trust me. That wasn't even on the off-ramp to rude.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Why? Because that's how you choose to react? That's only one side of the coin.

All I did was ask him if he ever saw anything from a positive point of view. That's not unprovoked backlash. That's a comment based on reading virtually everything he posts. I was not rude. Trust me. That wasn't even on the off-ramp to rude.
I'm sorry, but to whom are you responding? I haven't read every post, so excuse my ignorance.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
GENERAL TIP: If you see a post that seems totally unrelated or isn't clear as to whom it's replying, log off the board and then return to the thread. You'll be able to see all the posts so you'll know if you missed something or not. :)