[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - 3/6/17 - 6PT/9ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The only thing that keeps me coming back to the Kings is the possibility of seeing Buddy, Skal, and Willie all starting and playing full time minutes, but as each game passes I become a bit more discouraged.
Joerger isn't going to start them against the starting lineups of other teams. If you're waiting to see that, you're gonna be on strike for a long time yet to come.

Willie --- 10 pts 5 rebs 28MINS
Skal --- 10 pts 6 rebs 18MINS

COACH LOOK THAT THE FREAKING PER MINS STATS!!! OR JUST OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES JERK....
If you want to make the case for more minutes, you are comparing Skal to the wrong dude. Tolliver had 2 rebounds in 23 minutes and 1-6 FGs. Totally ineffective. Skal was all over the floor.

He made a vicious follow jam and humiliated Plumlee. Did textbook job of carving space for O board and made presence of mind pass to Buddy in the corner for wide open 3. Skal also played great help D getting out to shooters then rotating back to rebound. Covered more ground in one defensive possession than Boogie ever did. ;):p:D:cool:

But you may need to chill just a little bit my man. Skal went from 2 minutes last night to 20 minutes tonight.....thats called progress!

Joerger isn't going to start them against the starting lineups of other teams. If you're waiting to see that, you're gonna be on strike for a long time yet to come.
In all honesty we tried this with previous coaches and it hadn't been working (look at WCS, Stauskas, Mclemore). Why not trust that Joerger knows what he is doing better than we do? The players need time to develop. It doesn't happen all at once.

G

glassman

STOP. NOW. Final warning.
FINAL WARNING WHAT? I'm talking about the game .... what is wrong with you? this place is getting way to censored... dude its sports... I'm not cursing ... I'm not attacking anyone on here I'm literally talking about the game.... those our freaking stats from the game !!!!!

FINAL WARNING WHAT? I'm talking about the game .... what is wrong with you? this place is getting way to censored... dude its sports... I'm not cursing ... I'm not attacking anyone on here I'm literally talking about the game.... those our freaking stats from the game !!!!!
My guess is the constant ALL CAPS. It is really distracting and hard to read. Your post that I quoted is much easier to read than your posts with all capital letters.

I kind of agree with glass VF.

This place is extremely tame compared to other sites I frequent. Theres no cussing. No one's threatening anyone. No ones out of control. Someone expressing with all caps is out of line? Are we trying to completely kill this site? It's gotten extremely slow here, especially with the lame server.

There is passion for this POS 25 win team. Do you want to chase that off?

Last edited:
In all honesty we tried this with previous coaches and it hadn't been working (look at WCS, Stauskas, Mclemore). Why not trust that Joerger knows what he is doing better than we do? The players need time to develop. It doesn't happen all at once.
Yeah, but I think some of us would be concerned about Joerger's motives. That it would be more about team record than cari g about bringing them on slowly

And other rebuilding teams don't seem bothered by it

gunks

Hall of Famer
Damn it. You're dragging me into your pit of cynicism.
Ah! This makes me sad! You're usually the upbeat yin to my downer yang!

I'll definitely jump on the next opportunity this team gives me to be upbeat, and post some happy stuff just for you!

.... course, with this team it might be awhile before that opportunity presents itself. ....

... shoot, I'm doing it again! :p:confused::eek:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah, but I think some of us would be concerned about Joerger's motives. That it would be more about team record than cari g about bringing them on slowly

And other rebuilding teams don't seem bothered by it
"Some of us" or you and sactownfan aka glassman? Joerger's motives in question? He's made it clear what his philosophy is. You may not agree with it, but it's not a secret.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

This place is extremely tame compared to other sites I frequent. Theres no cussing. No one's threatening anyone. No ones out of control. Someone expressing with all caps is out of line? Are we trying to completely kill this site? It's gotten extremely slow here, especially with the lame server.

There are a LOT of people on this board who are expressing their frustration without continual name calling, all caps, etc. glassman aka sactownfan knows the rules. He can post without breaking those rules; he simply chooses not to and then hides behind the "I'm just a passionate fan" excuse.

As far as the no cussing, no threatening, no one out of control stuff? That's because this is, has been and will be a moderated forum. It's one of the reasons we've outlived several other Kings boards.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Only starter I want to see is skal, willie is just ugh

The man is 7'2, bouncy, and can only grab 5 boards?
I have one concern about Skal - he looks like a paper doll out there against regular sized PFs. He just doesn't have the body strength to properly play against them effectively. Hopefully that's just temporary and he'll fill out a bit.

Willie is in a tough spot right now. I think a part of him wants to be the offensive juggernaut...and it's hard to be in position for offense if you're hanging around to snag boards. (At least that's the only thing I can thing of.)

I have one concern about Skal - he looks like a paper doll out there against regular sized PFs. He just doesn't have the body strength to properly play against them effectively. Hopefully that's just temporary and he'll fill out a bit.

Willie is in a tough spot right now. I think a part of him wants to be the offensive juggernaut...and it's hard to be in position for offense if you're hanging around to snag boards. (At least that's the only thing I can thing of.)
Skal is still a young kid he will put on some weight just look at AD, and I hope willie works on rebounding and positioning this offseason. His offense Is acceptable as it is for now

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Skal is still a young kid he will put on some weight just look at AD, and I hope willie works on rebounding and positioning this offseason. His offense Is acceptable as it is for now
That's why I'm okay with how Joerger is using Skal right now. If he tries and fails to body up against his counterparts on other teams too many times, it will get into his head. Then, even if he does put on some weight, he might not be able to utilize it effectively. It's like bringing a puppy into the house with a cat. The cat can earn eternal dominance over the puppy to the point where even if the dog ends up 10 times bigger, he'll still remember the cat getting the better of him. (Okay, maybe not exactly that but it's the only example I could think of.)

Willie definitely has things to work on. I'm putting my faith in Joerger to see that he does so.

G

glassman

How hard were you mashing on your keyboard lol. And you really just called the coach a jerk? o_O
lol! you know what ....

this team sucks right now... being a fan has sucked and its been an emotional roller coaster .... I actually had tears when I found out it was leaving and I live in Long beach So Ca.... I cried when webbers jersey was retired .... and when I found out the team was gonna stay in Sacramento.... its been a awful long time of being down and dealing with a lot....

I LOVE THIS TEAM.. IM CRAZY ABOUT THIS TEAM.... I HAVE KINGS WALLPAPERS ON MY IPAD, MY PHONE, MY COMPUTER... I HAD KINGS PJ'S MY GF GOT ME!!!! (and more) Im a passionate sports fans... i get into it!!!!!

KINGS FANS are allegedly the most PASSIONATE FANS IN THE FREAKING NBA!!!! so your DAMN RIGHT IM MASHING MY KEYBOARD!!!! i talk to at least one of my annoying LAKER FAN FRIENDS EVERY SINGLE DAY.... I TRY AND DEFEND THIS STUPID FRANCHISE AND TEAM EVERY SINGLE DAY HERE IN LAKER LAND.... its embarrassing and sad...

and this stupid coach man is just another dumb link in the stupid chain that seems never ending ..... not playing skal or all his other stubborn moves this year hurt this franchise more than Karl or any of the previous coaches because we ran out of time with Cousins on his watch.... if Dave Joerger makes a few "less stupid" moves here or there this team would have been solidly in the 7th 8th seed and Cousins would still be here.... at least he could just play the most promising player left on this team.... for gods sake even BEN had started playing well and had a serious hot streak going then Joerger even Killed that... way to play Collision and Lawson over an actual SG coach!!!!! so stupid.... what other team is running out 2 undersized guards like that .... when we just traded an All-star for Buddy?? we can't start Ben ??? or Buddy?? WTF?

Instead Joerger goes with AFFALO, Collisons, and Lawson??? ALL SOON TO BE FREE AGENTS WOW JUST WOW ... 2 SMALL PG'S AND A BROKEN SG...

I agree. The censoring has gotten a bit out of hand the last couple days.

You're going to get crickets if you want people to talk about the game, which is mostly the veterans playing poorly. At this point people want to talk about draft positions, Skal, Hield, Papa, Joerger, Cousins... and they want to complain about minute distributions, Vlade, Vivek and Grant.

If that's what's interesting with the current state of the Kings, then lets talk about it. Almost no one (VF withstanding) is going to go rah rah on Afflalo making a corner three or Tolliver setting a good screen. I respect anyone who can still get up and cheer for those guys but most of us just don't care about that. It's bad basketball and it's not very interesting to talk about.

Lets just talk about anything and everything Kings. If some guy is mashing his keyboard to death with caps on half the time, then just hit the ignore button if he's that much of a bother. If we're beating a dead horse with the complaining then we're beating a dead horse but watching average to below average veterans play below average basketball is basically the dead horse beating we've been watching for the last 10 years.

G

glassman

after trading Cousins this team was sunk.... the FO knows it... We know it... the league knows it.... we are going to keep our pick... that was part of the trade guys... we got 2 good 1st round picks.... we get to keep our own....

if nothing else we can at least play what little promising talent we have left...and the MAIN player in the Cousins trade.... I'm not endorsing losing ... I'm endorsing NOT HAVING A QUICK HOOK ON SKAL or the rest of the kids (ben and WCS included)... plus give them some damn mins!!!!! jesus coach!!!

G

glassman

I agree. The censoring has gotten a bit out of hand the last couple days.

You're going to get crickets if you want people to talk about the game, which is mostly the veterans playing poorly. At this point people want to talk about draft positions, Skal, Hield, Papa, Joerger, Cousins... and they want to complain about minute distributions, Vlade, Vivek and Grant.

If that's what's interesting with the current state of the Kings, then lets talk about it. Almost no one (VF withstanding) is going to go rah rah on Afflalo making a corner three or Tolliver setting a good screen. I respect anyone who can still get up and cheer for those guys but most of us just don't care about that. It's bad basketball and it's not very interesting to talk about.

Lets just talk about anything and everything Kings. If some guy is mashing his keyboard to death with caps on half the time, then just hit the ignore button if he's that much of a bother. If we're beating a dead horse with the complaining then we're beating a dead horse but watching average to below average veterans play below average basketball is basically the dead horse beating we've been watching for the last 10 years.
thank you

lol! you know what ....

this team sucks right now... being a fan has sucked and its been an emotional roller coaster .... I actually had tears when I found out it was leaving and I live in Long beach So Ca.... I cried when webbers jersey was retired .... and when I found out the team was gonna stay in Sacramento.... its been a awful long time of being down and dealing with a lot....

I LOVE THIS TEAM.. IM CRAZY ABOUT THIS TEAM.... I HAVE KINGS WALLPAPERS ON MY IPAD, MY PHONE, MY COMPUTER... I HAD KINGS PJ'S MY GF GOT ME!!!! (and more) Im a passionate sports fans... i get into it!!!!!

KINGS FANS are allegedly the most PASSIONATE FANS IN THE FREAKING NBA!!!! so your DAMN RIGHT IM MASHING MY KEYBOARD!!!! i talk to at least one of my annoying LAKER FAN FRIENDS EVERY SINGLE DAY.... I TRY AND DEFEND THIS STUPID FRANCHISE AND TEAM EVERY SINGLE DAY HERE IN LAKER LAND.... its embarrassing and sad...

and this stupid coach man is just another dumb link in the stupid chain that seems never ending ..... not playing skal or all his other stubborn moves this year hurt this franchise more than Karl or any of the previous coaches because we ran out of time with Cousins on his watch.... if Dave Joerger makes a few "less stupid" moves here or there this team would have been solidly in the 7th 8th seed and Cousins would still be here.... at least he could just play the most promising player left on this team.... for gods sake even BEN had started playing well and had a serious hot streak going then Joerger even Killed that... way to play Collision and Lawson over an actual SG coach!!!!! so stupid.... what other team is running out 2 undersized guards like that .... when we just traded an All-star for Buddy?? we can't start Ben ??? or Buddy?? WTF?

Instead Joerger goes with AFFALO, Collisons, and Lawson??? ALL SOON TO BE FREE AGENTS WOW JUST WOW ... 2 SMALL PG'S AND A BROKEN SG...
Believe it or not the coach isn't as awful or "stupid" as you think he is. you don't throw a young kid/rookie out there with the wolves Just cuz he's starting to show flashes. Has willie had anything close to his career night since? No becuase the scouting report is on him and teams shut all that down after that game. Look what happened to Ben, do you really want the same thing to happen to Skal?

It's an efficient way you develop your young guns. Study up and soak up knowledge as a back up and show and prove in the mins you're given. It's the how the spurs do it and yes I know we aren't the spurs but there's a reason why they bring their kids along slowly and it works

G

glassman

bam!!! so true

G

glassman

Believe it or not the coach isn't as awful or "stupid" as you think he is. you don't throw a young kid/rookie out there with the wolves Just cuz he's starting to show flashes. Has willie had anything close to his career night since? No becuase the scouting report is on him and teams shut all that down after that game. Look what happened to Ben, do you really want the same thing to happen to Skal?

It's an efficient way you develop your young guns. Study up and soak up knowledge as a back up and show and prove in the mins you're given. It's the how the spurs do it and yes I know we aren't the spurs but there's a reason why they bring their kids along slowly and it works[/quote
skals foot work is leaps and bounds better than WCS... he looks natural and smooth and HAS been performing ... thats it... thats the key! he's not out there like Ben was when he was just starting out... or like Ben was for the early part of this year... Hes playing solid mins... give the kid some more... if he starts going out there and truly getting blown up or playing horrible then bench him... thats not happening tho