[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Friday, Oct. 20 - 5:30PT

I love Fox. I love everything about him. The IT factor that certain players have is all over him. He's just so much fun to watch.

I also have to give credit to WCS. I called for trading him not even a week ago, but he keeps hustling and his rebounding has improved dramatically since preseason. Keep up the good work!

I REALlY wish now that the vets weren’t signed.. Fox/Mason/Skal should be starting and/or logging major minutes
I said before the season Z-Bo is a problem waiting to happen. He can't even move on defense. He's high usage low efficiency offensive player. What good to us is an inefficient scorer with cement shoes?

Vince Carter has heavy legs too, no spring to his step for obvious reasons (age). He caught the ball with the easiest 3 foot bank shot and he couldn't get enough lift on the spin to put any touch on the ball.

When the Kings were struggling to score to end the 1st quarter, Joerger should have put Mason and slid Fox to the SG, but instead he put in Carter and it was more slow ball sluggishness absent Fox.

Any team that has two of three of Koufos, Carter or Z-Bo on the floor is a team that scores a maximum of 85-90 PPG. And it is NOT a team that will get consistent stops. So what is the point??

I like having George Hill on the team. I like having Vince Carter as a coach-mentor. But Z-Bo and Carter in the rotation is NOT going to be pretty to watch. The opponent tonight is terrible. Wait to see what happens when these old-timers go up against real competition!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I love Fox. I love everything about him. The IT factor that certain players have is all over him. He's just so much fun to watch.

I also have to give credit to WCS. I called for trading him not even a week ago, but he keeps hustling and his rebounding has improved dramatically since preseason. Keep up the good work!
Totally agree. I think the Great God Naismith was truly smiling down on us when Fox was available at the 5. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I said before the season Z-Bo is a problem waiting to happen. He can't even move on defense. He's high usage low efficiency offensive player. What good to us is an inefficient scorer with cement shoes?

Vince Carter has heavy legs too, no spring to his step for obvious reasons (age). He caught the ball with the easiest 3 foot bank shot and he couldn't get enough lift on the spin to put any touch on the ball.

When the Kings were struggling to score to end the 1st quarter, Joerger should have put it Mason and slid Fox to the SG, but instead he put in Carter and it was more slow ball sluggishness absent Fox.

Any team that has two of three of Koufos, Carter or Z-Bo on the floor is a team that scores a maximum of 85-90 PPG. And it is NOT a team that will get consistent stops. So what is the point??

I like having George Hill on the team. I like having Vince Carter as a coach-mentor. But Z-Bo and Carter in the rotation is NOT going to be pretty to watch. The opponent tonight is terrible. What to see what happens when these old-timers go up against real competition!!!
I think you're reading too much in to 1.5 games. I don't disagree with anything you've said per se but I don't see it as being something we're going to have to worry about for long.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That last possession is an example of how the Kings are better with Fox. He would have seen the court and found someone to get the ball to.

Eh

When the Kings were struggling to score to end the 1st quarter, Joerger should have put Mason and slid Fox to the SG, but instead he put in Carter and it was more slow ball sluggishness absent Fox.

I like having George Hill on the team. I like having Vince Carter as a coach-mentor. But Z-Bo and Carter in the rotation is NOT going to be pretty to watch. The opponent tonight is terrible. Wait to see what happens when these old-timers go up against real competition!!!
Eh I'd say more of the opposite. The vets will get up for tough opponents over bad teams, which is when they will be hard to watch.

I definitely don't like Dave's rotations though, but I never have with him. Only coach I've seen not make a sub at the 6 minute mark. He always waits until 3-4 minutes left...

Justin Jackson should be working on that strength some, a bit weak. But I guess that's what's in with these new young players, more finesse. He has a rebounding IQ though, could help him

I think you're reading too much in to 1.5 games. I don't disagree with anything you've said per se but I don't see it as being something we're going to have to worry about for long.
My opinion on Z-Bo and Carter was pretty much formulated before these 1.5 games.

I am willing to reconsider but see nothing compelling to change my mind.

VC should stick to mentoring. Z-Bo is 10-15 MPG back-up.