[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - 12/18/16 - 1PT/4ET

K

KingsFan80

You have to be able to. Cousins value is at a low, pennies for dollar talent situation

They can't get value for him now
If it is low now, it will never be higher. It is all about his contract. The longer we keep him, the less value by the day. Same with Rudy Gay

S

sactownfan

If it is low now, it will never be higher. It is all about his contract. The longer we keep him, the less value by the day. Same with Rudy Gay
Not true ....this new CBA is seriously gonna save this franchise from ourselves.... cousins will get 60+ million extra to sign with us... the NBA just gave us golden handcuffs.

We will have waaaay more time to build a team around cousins or just sit and wait till a perfect deal for him shows up.

But we are totally in a good place to keep him. Thanks NBA and KD!!!!

K

KingsFan80

Not true ....this new CBA is seriously gonna save this franchise from ourselves.... cousins will get 60+ million extra to sign with us... the NBA just gave us golden handcuffs.

We will have waaaay more time to build a team around cousins or just sit and wait till a perfect deal for him shows up.

But we are totally in a good place to keep him. Thanks NBA and KD!!!!
I am a big DeMarcus fan, he is a great player but keeping him might not be the best move to build a winning team.

S

sactownfan

I am a big DeMarcus fan, he is a great player but keeping him might not be the best move to build a winning team.
Well he is until he isn't the key to winning haha he will be responsible for it one way or the other. ... he is the only thing we have. And... with that total bail out godsend CBA. He can't be lost for nothing. He will absolutely have to be traded.

The rest of the league knows this now. So.... anyone thinking of waiting to sign him as a FA is gonna have to start looking elsewhere.
Or start ponying up a huge trade for us...

Honestly I want him to stay and it would be a great ending if we could in the next 5 years get a playoff contender.

But the CBA just raised his trade value. We don't have to panic now. Trade or keep. Doesn't matter to me... This team isn't gonna be left with no star or huge talent package.

K

KingsFan80

Well he is until he isn't the key to winning haha he will be responsible for it one way or the other. ... he is the only thing we have. And... with that total bail out godsend CBA. He can't be lost for nothing. He will absolutely have to be traded.

The rest of the league knows this now. So.... anyone thinking of waiting to sign him as a FA is gonna have to start looking elsewhere.
Or start ponying up a huge trade for us...

Honestly I want him to stay and it would be a great ending if we could in the next 5 years get a playoff contender.

But the CBA just raised his trade value. We don't have to panic now. Trade or keep. Doesn't matter to me... This team isn't gonna be left with no star or huge talent package.
I said this earlier, but I am not confident he can co-exist with another high scorer -- Like the Warriors players -- Which is necessary for us to win

What the hell does trading Demarcus have to do with making the team better?

Talk about shooting your nose off to try to make your face look better.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You have to be able to. Cousins value is at a low, pennies for dollar talent situation

They can't get value for him now
Thanks. I was wondering how long it would take for Bruski's prediction to come true. You fulfilled it almost to the word. The only difference was Bruski predicted it would be one of the Bee hacks making the comment, and not a Kings fan.

S

sactownfan

I said this earlier, but I am not confident he can co-exist with another high scorer -- Like the Warriors players -- Which is necessary for us to win
I'm just saying he will one way or the other help us win... either staying or getting us value back.

So if ur correct then someone will eventually make the trade for him thinking they will fix it. And we get value back because we have the new protection. So again. If it becomes more clear he just can't be a winner here and we need to trade him then at least his value can always be high because he'd be totally crazy not to re sign our huge mega deal.

Everyone will point to the Kings offense as the reason they lost this, but the major concern is still the 3 point defense. My guess right now is that the Kings record this year hovers around the league average 3 point field goal percentage unless they come up with a new plan of attack or they become an unstoppable offensive juggernaut.
But, but. Joerger talks about defense during training camp. Surely you must be mistaken!