Kings Local TV Schedule

slugking50 said:
According to the rumoured deal, The games will be on OLN thats channel 34 here in Sac.
I really didn't take this seriously, but you all keep talking about OLN. You can not be serious are you?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
BJax24 said:
I really didn't take this seriously, but you all keep talking about OLN. You can not be serious are you?
Heck no! I have no idea what they are planning. But, it is something to talk about during this long offseason. I am bored. :p

I would just about go crazy if I got Kings games on OLN here in Maryland. Only get to see about 15 or so per year aside from playoffs. And I'm way too cheap to get a NBA package. I live vicariously through you all :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BJax24 - None of us really knows anything. At least nothing you'd want to base your whole decision about LeaguePass, etc. on...

There are rumors and there are even rumors from reliable sources floating around, but NOTHING has been announced as a done deal.

It's TDOS. We're ready to talk about anything at this point...

I don't think it will be on OLN anywhere but in the Sacto area...if I am understanding this whole thing correctly.

If it OLN everywhere then I'm going to be freaking happy.

bdouble013 said:
I don't think it will be on OLN anywhere but in the Sacto area...if I am understanding this whole thing correctly.
Exactly. It will be on only OLN here in Sacramento on Comcast. It will not be national.

Maybe the Maloofs are working with other cable systems and satilite operaters so they will wait to say something?... Or the whole deal fell through. He should find out soon.

I have the NBALP regardless of what the Maloofs do...sucks for the people that dont want to spend the $159 on it though. Hey, there's always local watering holes that have the LP...I know Sports Corner in Old Sac has it...Marilyns at 12th and K too.

News 10 just said Comcast was getting 58 games and News 10 would have 20. I don't know if that means news 10 will have 20 different games (that would be sweet). News 10 said an official announcement would be made tomorrow, so I guess check the Bee.

Hurray!!!!HURRAY!!!!!
http://www.kxtv10.com/storyfull1.asp?id=8025
Kings Strike Deal to Show Games on Cable TV
The Sacramento Kings have reached a long sought deal to have games carried on local cable television.

The Kings have reached an agreement with Comcast Cable to carry 58 games during the 2004-2005 NBA season. Under the terms of the deal, Comcast will make the Kings games available to other cable systems as well as satellite TV services.

In addition to the 58 games carried on cable, News10 will air 20 Kings games during the 2004-2005 season. Last season, News10 carried 31 games because the Kings lacked a cable deal for local coverage. The television schedule for the Kings games will be announced on Thursday.

The Kings were one of only two teams in the NBA without a cable contract, which is potentially worth millions to team owners.

The last cable contract for the Kings, with Fox Sports Bay Area, expired at the end of the 2002-2003 season. During the 2003-2004 season, the only option for viewers wanting to watch the Kings games that were not broadcast on News10 was NBA League Pass, a cable television service costing about $180.

Comcast serves about 770,000 subscribers in a wide swath of Northern California running from Chico to Fresno.