[Game] Kings @ Lakers - Tuesday, Jan. 9 - 7:30 PT

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by VF21, Jan 8, 2018.

1. John Galt

John Galt Well-Known Member

I get that.. and absent the drama I'd like to have Lonzo Ball on my team you can tell he is going to be a triple double machine.

But I think he really really blew it in that quick interview about Luke. Very passive aggressive and wasted an opportunity to show he is bought in and a team guy. I think he needs to find a way to clean that up.

He said (paraphrasing because I don't want to google it): "I'm not the one who decides who the coach will be". "I'll play for anybody". "It's not up to me who coaches the team". Stuff like that. He didn't say anything to counter his dad's noise that Luke has lost the locker room.

If I were them I would ship him out if he can't/won't do better than that. Surely he would command a great return on the trade market. Anthony Davis?

He fanned the flames when he should have been snuffing them out. It makes it seem that possibly, he is a selfish guy even as he racks up assists.
  2. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

Kings fans two games ago: WILLIE IS A BEAST AND WE SHOULD RE-SIGN HIM NOW!!!!1!!!1

Kings fans now after one ho-hum performance: WILLIE IS A BUST AND WE SHOULD BUS HIM OUT OF HERE AND ALSO Z-BO AND STUFF
  3. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

That's true and something I've thought myself multiple times.
  4. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

That's about what I suspected. Fox is rated as one of the worst players in the league at the moment but I'm more concerned with him being rated as one of the better players in the league in a few years, rather than what lineups work better for wins and losses this year.
  5. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

Exactly. Willie, as a function of the offense he can help but he's just not the type of player to be the function of the offense. Fox can make your offense run, Bogdan can do a bit of everything, and Buddy is a new age style SG who can get rolling like no tomorrow. Players like Buddy can change the game for you offensively when they do. The game is so dependent on making 3's these days that beating them back with nothing but mid paint 2's is going to put you in too much of a hole if you don't defend the high percentage 3's well. It's a bit frustrating that they seemingly do very little to make a Buddy Hield explosion happen every night. If you pay attention to Buddy offensively when he gets going a little bit the entire defenses scheme changes to focus on him. Willie, not so much. Unless they decide to switch pick and roll or pack the paint which teams are starting to do. Teams are scouting for Buddy by the looks of their defense and the Kings aren't making teams pay for that enough.
  6. sactowndog

sactowndog Active Member

Just because my wife bitches at me about this topic all the time and my son lost a job offer due to poor writing.... plays well (well=adverb) versus using plays good (good=adjective). So the good doctor is correct and plays well is correct. Plays good is incorrect.

Sorry for being a pain in the ass.
  7. JCTNKINGFAN

JCTNKINGFAN Active Member

Well, it was kind of in keeping with the quote from Jerry or Grant, they said "good", not "well", but if you feel the need to police grammar on this forum, have at it. I also put a period after "but" instead of the intended comma and messed up the structure of the intended run on sentence.
  8. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

To be fair, WCS either plays like a stud or complete garbage, so I get where all the bi-polar posts are coming from.

Hopefully he has one of his "on" games tonight, so we can get back to talking about maxing him out.

Anything less? Well, I just hope we can at least get a 2nd round pick for him.

:p
  9. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

Hill should take more shots to the plums