Kings-Knicks Game Posponed

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
And the Lord sayeth unto his people ( I like to think of him speaking with a British accent, or maybe William H. Macy, or maybe somewhere in between):
"Should no human have to endure what was about to be! I hath halted this game, so that sins may be forgiven."

Be kind, send him a blanket, too.
If the shoe fits ..................... the other day he was complaining the weather would interfere with his travel plans rather than what implications it would have on the team he is paid to cover.

Fireplug wasn't over the top and sorry, I enjoyed the comment.

Since the game has been rescheduled for March 3, that means the 7-game road trip we already had, is now an 8-game, east coast extravaganza. Yikes!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I was wondering. But really not so much about this game, although nobody would have been in attendance beyond the ball boys. But I was wondering how they were possibly going to get out for the next game. We're going to be packed in over there through Weds. morning.

Also of note: this leaves Boogie on a 6 game losing streak going into coaches making their All Star selections. Better than 7 I suppose, but he could have really used a win.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....rs-gives-sacramento-9-game-14-city-road-trip/

This postponement gives us a 9 game 14 city road trip, this could get uglier.
Just for accuracy, I see that article say 14 CITY road trip, but that's a typo. It's a 14 DAY road trip. The postponement actually only increased the road trip by one game at the front end. Also it's eight consecutive games on the road, not 9. I've never heard of one of the home dates being counted in the road trip. ("Following tonight's game the Kings are going to zip up to Portland for a two-game road trip, then return tomorrow night to prepare to host Toronto later in the week." Right? You don't count like that.)

Just for accuracy, I see that article say 14 CITY road trip, but that's a typo. It's a 14 DAY road trip. The postponement actually only increased the road trip by one game at the front end. Also it's eight consecutive games on the road, not 9. I've never heard of one of the home dates being counted in the road trip. ("Following tonight's game the Kings are going to zip up to Portland for a two-game road trip, then return tomorrow night to prepare to host Toronto later in the week." Right? You don't count like that.)
Yeah, they fixed it to 14 day, I was confused too. It's a 9 city trip, counting Sacramento as part of the 9 cities in 14 days. Which is definitely an odd way of putting things.

It sucks that the one game on this current trip I thought we might maybe win is no longer part of the trip. That to me, makes at Utah the next truly winnable game. Maybe. At that point the streak will be in double digits, unless they can sneak a win over Indy in night 2 of a back to back. And then golden state and Dallas at home, neither winnable games anymore. Then finally a reprieve against Utah in Utah, who will see us as any easy win. Then back the next night for PHX, where IT will score a million points, then at Chicago and Milwaukee, also a back to back.

Yikes.

It's entirely possible the Kings are on a 15 game losing streak going into the all star break.

If you thought it couldn't get worse, stick around. Cause that might be the point (all-star break) that Chris Mullin becomes coach if you believe the rumor mill.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
can the rest of the games for the season be postponed as well? Boy....am I glad I live on the West coast and not have to deal with nothing but 70 degree weather, no snow, no rain and clear blue skies :D

Don't worry about the schedule, the Kings play only one game at a time and they are so unreliable that one can never bank on them losing the next game. The more loses we get the sooner Ranadive gets back to Kings' business and saves the day.

Bricklayer

can the rest of the games for the season be postponed as well? Boy....am I glad I live on the West coast and not have to deal with nothing but 70 degree weather, no snow, no rain and clear blue skies :D
You say that like its enviable.

Warm weather wusses. :p

You know we actually get to have four separate seasons and snowy Christmases back here? Weird huh. Left up to the boring dead yellow sea of grass that is California we'd have Christmas Palm Trees and Santa would be wearing a mankini.

i'd rather have a super cold winter like the East than have to suffer through triple digit heat in the Summer like we have to in CA. i hate the heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd rather have a super cold winter like the East than have to suffer through triple digit heat in the Summer like we have to in CA. i hate the heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have triple digits temperatures but you better be thankful for the dry heat that you have. 80 degrees with high humidity tops the heck of your triple digits in terms of misery. Me, give me spring and fall and the other two are only so I can appreciate the first two better.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Well 110 with humidity at 9% is great for a short while as smart desert/SoCal folks don't spend lots of time outside when its that hot anyway. Last summer one day hit 122 and we went to Tommy Bahama's and drank Mojitos and met everyone in the area for impromtu party and had a blast. Oh well, we love it.

Well 110 with humidity at 9% is great for a short while as smart desert/SoCal folks don't spend lots of time outside when its that hot anyway. Last summer one day hit 122 and we went to Tommy Bahama's and drank Mojitos and met everyone in the area for impromtu party and had a blast. Oh well, we love it.
humidity or not, i could absolutely not do that heat. i'd be pissed the second i stepped foot out of the AC.

even with low humidity here in CA, i'm sweating and uncomfortable whenever it's 80 degrees or higher

You say that like its enviable.

Warm weather wusses. :p

You know we actually get to have four separate seasons and snowy Christmases back here? Weird huh. Left up to the boring dead yellow sea of grass that is California we'd have Christmas Palm Trees and Santa would be wearing a mankini.
I was in NY for christmas and it was a breezy 40ish and no snow. Very disappoint.

Bricklayer

I was in NY for christmas and it was a breezy 40ish and no snow. Very disappoint.
Yes, well have to apologize for that one. Was kind of a pathetic showing. But to be fair we had a very long winter last year, so winter may have been tired out. And we are paying for it now. Supposed to be in the single digits this coming weekend. New York's cold, but that's Green Bay weather.