[Game] Kings @ Jazz - 12/10/16 - 6PT/9ET

We suck at rebounding, Cousins cant even box out the lanky Gobert. Cousins rebounding and boxing out has been sub par this year. In years past he would just box guys out and vacuum any rebound in. This year he has been getting pinned under the basket far too often by lesser players.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Cousins isn't getting to the line either. Just 1 of 3 in this game so far, well short of his usual 10 attempts per game. He's got no lift inside which is a major problem with Gobert in there so he's settling for jumpers. Can't be too hard on the guys tonight though given the circumstances. Second night of a back-to-back home/road split so you're looking at a scheduled loss here if not for Utah's injury issues.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We suck at rebounding, Cousins cant even box out the lanky Gobert. Cousins rebounding and boxing out has been sub par this year. In years past he would just box guys out and vacuum any rebound in. This year he has been getting pinned under the basket far too often by lesser players.
He might be conserving his energy for the offensive side of the ball for all we know, hence the lack of rebounding from him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Now see, I have expressed, and will continue to express, contempt for people whining about all our close losses this year.

The reason being that THIS is the type of loss you complain about. All our close losses = a team fighting to the end. If you can't respect that, you can't respect anything. but tonight Cuz never wanted to be out there, and the team itself is quitting. THAT'S when a loss is unacceptable. you don't quit, and I'm with you to the end. Cuz looks so shot here that if I were a coach I'd be tempted to give him a night off.

Now see, I have expressed,a nd will continue to express, contempt for people whining about all our close losses this year.

The reason being that THIS is the type of loss you complain about. All our close losses = a team fighting to the end. If you can't respect that, you can't respect anything. but tonight Cuz never wanted to be out there, and the team itself is quitting. THAT'S when a loss is unacceptable. you don't quit, and I'm with you to the end. Cuz looks so shot here that if I wer a coach I'd be tempted to give him a night off.
This is pathetic. It's already a blow-out with only 5mins left.

This is a blow-out against a team missing their starting PG, SG, and PF.

The other night, we lost against the sucky Knicks without D-Rose...but this lost hurt worse. Our starters couldn't keep up with their bench...that's pretty damn sad.

hrdboild

Staff member
As they pull away from us I just keep thinking about how we started this game on an 11-0 run. o_O If you take the current scoring deficit and add 11 to it you can truly appreciate how thoroughly we just got it handed to us...

Bricklayer

This is pathetic. It's already a blow-out with only 5mins left.

This is a blow-out against a team missing their starting PG, SG, and PF.

The other night, we lost against the sucky Knicks without D-Rose...but this lost hurt worse. Our starters couldn't keep up with their bench...that's pretty damn sad.
Utah is a damn good team.

Missing half their team, but the thing is, they've been a good team all year missing guys left and right. Hill and Favors have been there less than half the time. Burks has been gone all year.

Now see, I have expressed,a nd will continue to express, contempt for people whining about all our close losses this year.

The reason being that THIS is the type of loss you complain about. All our close losses = a team fighting to the end. If you can't respect that, you can't respect anything. but tonight Cuz never wanted to be out there, and the team itself is quitting. THAT'S when a loss is unacceptable. you don't quit, and I'm with you to the end. Cuz looks so shot here that if I wer a coach I'd be tempted to give him a night off.
True. what hurts is these are the games we need to absolutely be winning. Close losses against teams over .500 are a sign of growth but games like this are ones we need to win to stay in the hunt

Tired of Jerry always, mostly ending his commentary with "and uh..." without ever finishing what he has to say. He has no business being behind a microphone.

Bricklayer

True. what hurts is these are the games we need to absolutely be winning. Close losses against teams over .500 are a sign of growth but games like this are ones we need to win to stay in the hunt
I hope everybody realizes this is the best team we've faced in two weeks at least.

I swear one of the most bizarre things this year has been Kings fans alternately hopeless and kind of arrogant I guess. Everybody seems to think everybody we face is weak or a should win or...just no.

Utah is a good team. banged up. but a good team that may well have homecourt advantage in the first round this year. We're on their home floor. It's the second night of a back to back. And that was a huge factor given how dead legged Cuz looked too.

These are not "should win" situations. These are "hope we can win" situations.

We have dropped too many of them of course.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It's close to time to pull the plug on this season. Play the rookies. Throw them into the fire because why the hell not. The vets sure as hell have no chance to win.

500 was all I wanted. Five-freakin-hundred. Way to much to ask apparently.

Bricklayer

It's close to time to pull the plug on this season. Play the rookies. Throw them into the fire because why the hell not. The vets sure as hell have no chance to win.

500 was all I wanted. Five-freakin-hundred. Way to much to ask apparently.
Realistically we won't have a chance at .500 until after the break.

We are getting desperately close to the FO having to seriously consider drastic changes. 8-15, loss to Lakers at home could be the type of loss that signals in the "nuke it" moves.

I hope everybody realizes this is the best team we've faced in two weeks at least.

I swear one of the most bizarre things this year has been Kings fans alternately hopeless and kind of arrogant I guess. Everybody seems to think everybody we face is weak or a should win or...just no.

Utah is a good team. banged up. but a good team that may well have homecourt advantage in the first round this year. We're on their home floor. It's the second night of a back to back. And that was a huge factor given how dead legged Cuz looked too.

These are not "should win" situations. These are "hope we can win" situations.

We have dropped too many of them of course.
Too many. At full strength they are a better built Kings team but we should have gotten this one given their injuries. It is what it is. Cousins didn't hit his tonight and that is the nature of the beast.

hrdboild

Staff member
It's the same thing every year. Every loss is the end of the season, every win is the start of this team turning a corner. It's kindof funny in a way. But then you look at the overall results and it's pretty clear where we stand. The only teams we're beating with any regularity are the absolute dregs of the league (and Toronto for some reason). The losses are closer than last year but that just means our absolute ceiling is .500 ball if everything breaks right, if everyone plays well. That's simply not good enough.