Kings interview Del Negro, Jackson and Mitchell for Head Coach position (Yahoo News)

this has turned out to be a great offseason to have a coaching search. So many successful coaches becoming available its like shooting fish in a barrel. Being the Kings that means we'll hire Henry Bibby and a half-trained baboon as his lead assistant, but for a halfway competent organization it would be hard to miss.
Hmm I alway thought you were a fan of mike bibby. Not a way to treat a kings fav. :p

I doubt that Vlade was interviewing a majority of these candidates just to put them on the staff as an asst. coach. Why would Messina, Woodson and other asst. coaches move from a successful coaching staff just to have the same position in a new staff?

K

KingMilz

Check out @sam_amick's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/729012852246204416?s=09

Hmmmm .. Chris Wallace wanted to come to Kings too. Memphis is a sinking ship and Sac is the life boat. Interesting. Maybe our reputation is being slowly repaired by Vlade.
The limited number of opportunities plus the fact this is not a high pressure job makes the Kings a reasonable job unless your a elite of the elite coach. I think it's a bit overblown the reputation thing because coaches can quickly change a reputation as can a new GM (Vlade).

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
An

THIS! A great, breathtaking post. I've been trying to make that point about SAS & GSW being 100% about defense in so many of my personal discussions about the NBA, that I got blue in the face...

Can I please quote you in other forums I roam?
Of course! I was mostly just venting frustration I think, but you're welcome to quote me any time -- here or on some other forum. Spread the truth of defense-first wherever it's needed. :)

Has David Blatt been interviewed by now, cause he's in Israel at the moment
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/728253981689008129
Friends of David Blatt say he has returned to Israel and is awaiting word.
(that's NY reporter, and he implies, that Blatt is waiting, if anything comes to fruition from his talks with Phil)
Looks like Blatt is not a candidate for Kings' job, and another sign, that maybe Kings were just taking their time, while waiting on Dave Joerger parting ways with Grizzlies.

I'm pretty sure he was already interviewed here exactly a week ago (May 2nd).

He's now back in Israel to join the family for the holidays this week (The country's national days are held starting Wednesday: First memorial day, then Israel Independence Day festivities).

He probably has this week scheduled in Israel since way back, but I'm pretty certain he'll be back at the States next week. I don't think he'll miss all the coach-hunt action. :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he was already interviewed here exactly a week ago (May 2nd).

He's now back in Israel to join the family for the holidays this week (The country's national days are held starting Wednesday: First memorial day, then Israel Independence Day festivities).

He probably has this week scheduled in Israel from way back, but I'm pretty certain he'll be back at the States next week. I don't think he'll miss all the coach-hunt action. :)
You're right, he interviewed with the Kings. For some strange reason, for which I don't have any supporting evidence whatsoever. I have a feeling that Blatt will end up in Indiana. Just a gut feeling, nothing else.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
My genius is an acquired taste. And yet you kept reading. Do you bang your head against brick walls too?
You know, after one bang, I discovered that the bricks were harder than my head. I'm a fast, or slow learner, depending on how you look at it. :confused: