Kings get #5 pick

trade w the twolves, they dont need another big man, they got jefferson n love, send them our pick and a player for #4 and an expiring contract. THAT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst record --> #4 Pick
3rd Worst --> #5 Pick

We can draft someone decent, finish outside the top 10 in worst records, and end up with a top-3 next year.

LOL!!! jk we'll suck again next year and still get jobbed in the lotto.

Lets hope this comes about... The T-wolves are faced with drafting Cousins and would rather not have another Jefferson and pass on him.

Could see it happening if the Nets really like Favors.

I'm physically sick.

I think there may be a 5-10% chance that Minnesota will select Wes Johnson at the 4th spot, allowing one of the bigs to fall to us.

But all in all, this was a disaster.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
What the f*** is wrong with this forum???????????????????

Sactownroyalty works just fine. But you can't even get on here for dumb f****** reason.

Oh well, you know what they say. Better to be lucky than to be good. And the Kings just aren't lucky. Never have been never will be. Better get used to it.

I think we're looking at someone like Aldrich, or Monroe who seems like a Petrie pick. I like Johnson but we've already got two young SFs. Aldrich or Udoh or trade please.

This sucks. Luckily I was expecting the worst.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well that sure was a buzzkill. Who wants to talk me down from the ledge? Is there any silver lining to be found? Now we don't have to worry about high expectations next year?

Well, that sucked. But, at least there's a good shot that Cousins falls to us. 1st two picks are going to Wall and Turner, New Jersey already has Lopez at center, so I think they probably take Favors. Minnesota already has Love and Jefferson up front, and needs a wing scorer, so there's a chance they take Johnson.

It's all good. Cousins, Favors or Johnson. All people we could use. Also, this pick is prime trade bait. i.e. bait that could fetch you Rudy gay in a straight across S&T. Six would have been a disaster, five is still good.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Now that I've calmed down a little bit....

I could definately see either Nj or Minn taking Johnson. My gut tells me either Favors, or more likely Cousins, will be there at 5.

The nets or wolves will have redundancy at pick 3 and 4. The nets will pick favors at 3 since they have lopez. The wolves pick will be interesting. They have love at 4 and Big AL at 5. The wolves pick will be up for the taking... or they will draft wesley and let cousins fall to 5th. Or they will trade Big Al

Well that sure was a buzzkill. Who wants to talk me down from the ledge? Is there any silver lining to be found? Now we don't have to worry about high expectations next year?
Yah It's a 4 player draft and we get 5th.. I think I am going to join you on that ledge..

On a serious note.. I did not get my hopes up this year because I knew something like this would happen. I had a feeling we were going to fall on the wrong side of the 6% or whatever chance we had of being outside the top 4.

Welcome to the Kings Wesley Johnson, or Cole Aldrich lol..

al jeff is on his last contract right?

that makes things interesting.... so our options are to pick the guy who is BPA or trade down for some extra goodies?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think there is a good shot that we still wind up with the opportunity to pick Cousins or Favors. Every year there is at least one surprise pick at the top and one early guy falls. The question is will we pass on that guy too?

Wall and Turner go 1 and 2. Favors fits great next to Lopez (scoring center and big athletic PF to the dirty work) Thing change, but to me the top 3 are a lock.
Everybody here is hoping that Kahn will pass on a big man because he’s already got Jefferson. First, this is the man that took two PGs last year because they thought they had the best value. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him use the same logic again. Jefferson is coming off an injury. They floated Jefferson’s name as trade bait. Big men are hard to find. They will probably be bidding for Gay. And they can later use Rubio’s draft rights to get a 3, but not a 5. Unless Johnson blows them away or they are scared off by Cousins, I’d be willing to be Minny takes Cousins.