Kings Dodge Bullet: Dion Waiters Agrees To One-Year, $2.9M Deal With Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingsFan80

We dodged a potential 10 games winning streak.....dude is balling out of his mind currently for under 3 million dollars wow. Vlade takes another L on this one.
Love the hash tag..and yeah we really dodged the bullet on this one lol. Score one for Vlade! haha

We dodged a potential 10 games winning streak.....dude is balling out of his mind currently for under 3 million dollars wow. Vlade takes another L on this one.
Wasn't the rumor that he wanted $18 million? If vlade signed him for that he would get crucified. Also I don't believe waiters is doing it by himself. It's not like he's lebron carrying James jones and haslem like back in the day. I hear that guy dragic is pretty good and they have this big fella named Whiteside. But I guess if you want to bring up an old thread, pick and choose details, leaving out key details just to puke on vlade, have at it.

K

KingsFan80

Wasn't the rumor that he wanted $18 million? If vlade signed him for that he would get crucified. Also I don't believe waiters is doing it by himself. It's not like he's lebron carrying James jones and haslem like back in the day. I hear that guy dragic is pretty good and they have this big fella named Whiteside. But I guess if you want to bring up an old thread, pick and choose details, leaving out key details just to puke on vlade, have at it.
Waiters agent was probably floating that out there so other teams might bite. We could have signed him for probably $5 mil if he got $2.9 in Miami. Epic fail by our FO..

He was dealing with a groin/hamstring injury early in the year and those can be nagging. Going with Temple/Toliver/Afflalo move was the typical trend of ultra safe moves (only to watch it backfire) drafting WCS and getting scared on Marquiese Chriss etc. this past year. I hope they are keeping Cousins because they have a real plan, not because its the safe thing to do.

I hope the FO is actually picking talent based on evaluation and not factoring in fan backlash(we dodged a bullet:rolleyes:) with these moves, they SHOULD have more knowledge than us when it comes to these things.

-Skipped signing Monta Ellis because kings twitter roasted the idea(Ellis had a good couple of years in Dallas and could have helped us)

-Not signing Dion Waiters because of what fans might think

-The Granddaddy of kings twitter moves was hiring George Karl

Unlike some others Waiters was definitely attainable and seeing as how we have no one who can create a look for themselves outside of Cousins he would have been a perfect flier.

Outside of Cousins improving is our roster any better than it was when Pete left? The "Vets" show up once in a while but still not a single player who can consistently produce outside of Cousins.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not sure why you bumped a thread from last July, except it appears as though you're just attempting to take another potshot at Vlade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.