[Game] Kings @ Denver Nuggets, 2/14/2024, 6:00p PT/9:00p ET

I didn't get to see if but it looks from the box score that Sabonis soundly outplayed Jokic.

I can't remember the last time the Kings held a team under 100. Were they playing inspired defense or was Denver just missing shots?

Deuce said that there is some talk that The Klaw could pull out of the all star game due to injury. You know Sabonis is next in line if a spot opens up. I have mixed feelings. He deserves it and it would look good for future hall of fame consideration but I also want him to get rest.
For 1.3 million dollars would you do it?

I didn't get to see if but it looks from the box score that Sabonis soundly outplayed Jokic.

I can't remember the last time the Kings held a team under 100. Were they playing inspired defense or was Denver just missing shots?
id say they played pretty good defense but Denver did miss a lot of shots. To be fair Denver was shooting over 40 percent from 3 until the bars

The smart decision is yes but I’ve got 30 million in the bank right now with another 50 or 60 coming by the end of this contract (after expenses) I’ve got way more than my family or their future families will ever need to live a first class lifestyle so maybe I just spend time and rest given that doesn’t happen much during the season.

That is a very tricky question ….
Looking from the side of ordinary man working 12h per day and being home every evening earning 130k per year top , 1.3 mil for one night will be WOW…
But for someone earning 50sh mil per year but being away from home 70% of the time one week off could be much more valuable then low (for him) amount of money … even more for something where they did not gave the respect you deserve at first place ….
So if I am Domas , I will turn them honestly … but I am not haha

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Fox and Domas should be all-stars. If you want to comment that Fox isn’t, I deny your existence on this planet. Domas is a triple double and double double machine. How they didn’t pick him is unfathomable.
Still have zero issues with Fox being left off. He’s tailed off a bit towards the break and his nonchalant attitude about it mixed with such a heavy guard list makes it at least understandable.

Domas is one of the biggest, if not THE BIGGEST, snubs in the game’s history.

Good win. 10-9 during this stretch of 15/19 on the road, the standouts being @GS, @DAL, @IND, and both the home and away DEN games.

May have flubbed the Pistons game, but so far 2-2 so far during this infamous stretch which means that 4-5 or 5-4 is still very much feasible. Unfortunately it seems everyone right now is making their runs, but that comes and goes. Knicks were winning 9 in a row and then all of a sudden they were doing the opposite of that. Jazz won a bunch to put themselves into playoff position and then all of a sudden tapered off.

After the @MIN game on March 1, 15 of the Kings last 23 games are at home and only the @NY, @BOS, @BRK, @OKC trip is very notable.
Great context here. Feel like we get too bogged down in the game to game panic, but a quick view out shows us performing pretty damn well on a very tough stretch. And like you said, if we get through these next 5 games with 2 or 3 more wins, we'll be in pretty damn good shape to close the year.

Still have zero issues with Fox being left off. He’s tailed off a bit towards the break and his nonchalant attitude about it mixed with such a heavy guard list makes it at least understandable.

Fox should have still been in one of the last spots, but you can at least justify leaving him off with the rough January and a lot of damn good guards. He's been better than Steph and KAT this year.

Domas... nope. Like you said, he's one of the biggest snubs in NBA history. But not surprising considering the national discourse around him. They don't think what he does is valuable. Even though I'd think we'd very likely be under .500 at this point in the season if he weren't on our team.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Fox should have still been in one of the last spots, but you can at least justify leaving him off with the rough January and a lot of damn good guards. He's been better than Steph and KAT this year.

Domas... nope. Like you said, he's one of the biggest snubs in NBA history. But not surprising considering the national discourse around him. They don't think what he does is valuable. Even though I'd think we'd very likely be under .500 at this point in the season if he weren't on our team.
It doesn't help that the two starting "guards" for the West this year (and basically every year for the foreseeable future) are basically point forwards who happen to be their team's leading playmaker and I guess it's just cooler to call yourself a PG than a SF these days.

All-Star spots are almost always awarded based on scoring and Fox is the only player in the top 19 in PPG this year who didn't make the All-Star team. Even by the NBA's own standards there's no excuse for him not to be in there. What Sabonis is doing, leading the NBA in rebounds and now up to 6th in assists, is MVP level stuff. I think most most likely they both split votes from the coaches for obvious reasons -- Fox is our leading scorer but Sabonis is Mr. Triple Double so if you have to pick one of them and only one of them, which was it going to be?

It doesn't help that the two starting "guards" for the West this year (and basically every year for the foreseeable future) are basically point forwards who happen to be their team's leading playmaker and I guess it's just cooler to call yourself a PG than a SF these days.

All-Star spots are almost always awarded based on scoring and Fox is the only player in the top 19 in PPG this year who didn't make the All-Star team. Even by the NBA's own standards there's no excuse for him not to be in there. What Sabonis is doing, leading the NBA in rebounds and now up to 6th in assists, is MVP level stuff. I think most most likely they both split votes from the coaches for obvious reasons -- Fox is our leading scorer but Sabonis is Mr. Triple Double so if you have to pick one of them and only one of them, which was it going to be?
Was Fox before Jan, Domas because he stayed consistent while Fox had a down month by his standards. Only reason though, both dudes clearly deserving.

I think you're right but i do believe Fox is still All star worthy. They really should just make the roster 15 players, as the league is just uber talented now - especially out West. Hopefully they do the right thing and move the Pelicans to the east as well :p

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Was Fox before Jan, Domas because he stayed consistent while Fox had a down month by his standards. Only reason though, both dudes clearly deserving.
In any case, it wasn't an obvious choice -- especially if you're an Eastern Conference coach and your team hasn't even played Sacramento yet this year. So we get hosed by the fan vote every year but now we're also fighting an uphill battle for coaches to either collectively pick one guy on our team to all vote for or vote them both in. If they're both equally deserving and we're not a top 3 team, this is the result.