Kings close to trade?

There's not much there to confirm or deny. I haven't heard anything... and I'm not in Europe like dime dropper is.

I think he might just have been kidding, especially since he's made sure to qualify his comments with a whole bunch of "don't blame me" type stuff.

I wasn't kidding. I did hear (through an e-mail) from someone I know that the Kings were in talks. He's a friend of some of my relations in Sactown (which is how I came to support the Kings). Of course I was going to say "don't blame me", I didn't want to get all your hopes up when they were only in talks.

In future I won't bother posting what information I have if no one is going to take it seriously. I didn't force anybody to believe me. It looks like the trade halted somewhere since nothing has happened and no other information has leaked. I'll email him again tonight to see if he knows what happened.

But we'll see. He's usually right.

EDIT: By the way, whatever little tidbits were posted by other members tend to agree with what I was told.

Last edited:
In future I won't bother posting what information I have if no one is going to take it seriously. I didn't force anybody to believe me. It looks like the trade halted somewhere since nothing has happened and no other information has leaked. I'll email him again tonight to see if he knows what happened.

But we'll see. He's usually right.
Oh, please. No one took you seriously? What did you expect? You gave exactly zero definitive information and then wonder why people are skeptical. You're right, though. Next time don't post it unless you're prepared to give some real information.

Oh, please. No one took you seriously? What did you expect? You gave exactly zero definitive information and then wonder why people are skeptical. You're right, though. Next time don't post it unless you're prepared to give some real information.
Lay off the person people. Some people do know some information that is not privy to the general public because of people, friends, whoever that work for the Kings. If this is posted by someone and it's their first post then take it with a grain of salt. There very well could have been discussions yesterday that we will never know about but they may have happened and someone wanted to share it with the board.

People ridiculed VF when she announced Whisenant was supposed to be the new coach and then said she was full of **** afterward and it got ridiculous.

People do have "inside sources" that may provide some information but if it doesn't come true it doesn't mean it was never discussed.....kind of like that quail in the woods cooing on the tree branch quote of Petrie.

speak for yourself. I like to hear info. like this whether or not it pans out or not it is still interesting.

I didn't wonder why people were skeptical, I actually said that I would be like them in the same situation. As in "I'll believe it when I see it". That in my opinion is perfectlly fine since there's no way of knowing whether the trade will go through. Questioning whether I'm "kidding" and whether I even know a source is insulting to me since I did nothing to suggest in any way that I was lying. You can go somewhere else with your negativity. You bring it into almost every thread. Just lighten up. If you had any clue about anything then you would know I couldn't go giving out certain information because;

a) What I was told was not certainty: just that they were in talks

and

b) I could put that persons position at risk, which I'm not willing to do.

So, I'm not even going to read any more of your posts in this thread.

The other posters have been helpful and at least realise that I was just trying to give them a heads up. Whatever, though.

speak for yourself. I like to hear info. like this whether or not it pans out or not it is still interesting.
Ditto. I understand that "talks" probably don't pan out 99% of the time. GP probably makes and takes numerous calls every day. Obviously some more serious than others. I still find it interesting.

For the folks that don't take these seriously, then why did you bother going past the opening post, which you can preview without even opening the thread?

I didn't wonder why people were skeptical, I actually said that I would be like them in the same situation. As in "I'll believe it when I see it". That in my opinion is perfectlly fine since there's no way of knowing whether the trade will go through. Questioning whether I'm "kidding" and whether I even know a source is insulting to me since I did nothing to suggest in any way that I was lying. You can go somewhere else with your negativity. You bring it into almost every thread. Just lighten up. If you had any clue about anything then you would know I couldn't go giving out certain information because;

a) What I was told was not certainty: just that they were in talks

and

b) I could put that persons position at risk, which I'm not willing to do.

So, I'm not even going to read any more of your posts in this thread.

The other posters have been helpful and at least realise that I was just trying to give them a heads up. Whatever, though.

Dimedropper:

I have no problem with your original post. I have no problem with you not wanting to give detaisl so as to not put your source at risk. But I took issue when you said this:

"In future I won't bother posting what information I have if no one is going to take it seriously. I didn't force anybody to believe me. It looks like the trade halted somewhere since nothing has happened and no other information has leaked. I'll email him again tonight to see if he knows what happened."

Obviously some are going to be skeptical. You posted no REAL information. Consider for a second:

1) You posted that the Kings were in serious trade talks. We are all aware of this.
2) You mentioned 3-4 teams that would possibly be involved. All of these teams have been rumored on this very board the last few weeks.

I wasn't jumping on you for your initial post. I was telling you not to take it personally when some (in this case, VF21) were skeptical that you actually had a source. Your whining, "In the future I won't bother..." was very off putting.

You acknowledged in your first post that some wouldn't believe you. So why get your feelings hurt when VF21 did not believe you?

Thanks. I understand where you're coming from. Glad we could sort that out.

In reference to the VF21 thing, I got offended because she didn't believe me that I knew somebody who may know such information. I would have been fine if she said "I'll believe it when I see it" or something to that degree, just don't question that I would come on here and make up a big lie.

2) You mentioned 3-4 teams that would possibly be involved. All of these teams have been rumored on this very board the last few weeks.
We had speculated that Cleveland and Miami may have been in talks with the Kings but that the Kings didn't like what they were offered. I was told that the Kings had now engaged in serious talks in hope of getting something worked out, which it's looking like now.

If this all goes down with Cleveland, maybe people will realise that I wasn't just BS'ing. Even though that's how everybody should feel now anyways since we know that I was right about what I said.

:)

Thanks. I understand where you're coming from. Glad we could sort that out.

In reference to the VF21 thing, I got offended because she didn't believe me that I knew somebody who may know such information. I would have been fine if she said "I'll believe it when I see it" or something to that degree, just don't question that I would come on here and make up a big lie.

We had speculated that Cleveland and Miami may have been in talks with the Kings but that the Kings didn't like what they were offered. I was told that the Kings had now engaged in serious talks in hope of getting something worked out, which it's looking like now.

If this all goes down with Cleveland, maybe people will realise that I wasn't just BS'ing. Even though that's how everybody should feel now anyways since we know that I was right about what I said.

:)
Is that when the hen oodolded, or when the cow hung his b**** on the 1/4 moon while the fox stole the eggs when the moose crowed? Oh, nevermind, where is my prozak! :eek: :confused: :D

All the speculation and guessing will be over in about 4 hours. We'll know for sure today. If we get Varejao and some cap space thats cool with me.

Nope...and it's depressing that we may have to endure another half-season of sub-mediocrity.
While I didn't go along with it at 1st, I'm ready for Tank Mode. If Bibby stays for now he will not be a happy camper. On the flip side I hope he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and plays hit butt off like Bonzi for a new contract. He could also just make us trade him and go through the motions like...yeah I make the big bucks and you don't want me so why should I try...trade me if you don't like it...but I will do whatever I can to make sure you don't get much for me! This is a bad situation. I do like to know the info on what's proposed, but then players get hurt feelings etc. It's really hard to hide anyways, people talk and players can read the writing on the wall. It's all business. Heck getting Millions to play a game you love, now how hard is that? :p
I'd take playing Professional Sports, just about anything, rather than a 9 to 5 J.O.B. !

Don't fret, the trades just have to be agreed to by noon, not necessarily announced to the public by noon...we'll see...I kind of have a feeling nothing much is going to happen...league-wide, even.

While I didn't go along with it at 1st, I'm ready for Tank Mode. If Bibby stays for now he will not be a happy camper. On the flip side I hope he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and plays hit butt off like Bonzi for a new contract. He could also just make us trade him and go through the motions like...yeah I make the big bucks and you don't want me so why should I try...trade me if you don't like it...but I will do whatever I can to make sure you don't get much for me! This is a bad situation. I do like to know the info on what's proposed, but then players get hurt feelings etc. It's really hard to hide anyways, people talk and players can read the writing on the wall. It's all business. Heck getting Millions to play a game you love, now how hard is that? :p
I'd take playing Professional Sports, just about anything, rather than a 9 to 5 J.O.B. !
IMO Bibby has no choice now but to play his *** off. Which, I would much rather see the Kings with some good picks this offseason.