kings camp.....

.....from hoopsworld http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_18599.shtml

Sacramento Kings: The Kings will be a much more disciplined team, that might not sit will with Mike Bibby, but should sit extremely well with Ron Artest and Kevin Martin, both are on track to have a stellar season under Eric Musselman. The Kings gave up some of their depth this off-season, but the players in town fit what Musselman is about. The only question coming into camp is how much does Mike Bibby buy in. If he’s 100% on board the Kings could go places, if he’s not, he could be traded. Look for Kevin Martin to be a candidate for the three-point shoot out in Vegas, the Kings will push for as many Kings players in Vegas as possible, and Kevin will have the percentages to earn the chance.

...buddy

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gotta consider the source there on both the good and bad. The hoopsworld guys are good for the ego -- apparently anybody can have a website.

I think they're making a fair point. Bibby has been playing uder Adelman who basically let him do what he wants. How will Bibby respond to Musselmans intense style? From what I've read so far it sounds like he's on board, but who knows what he'll do if Musselman gets in his face about not playing defense.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think that there is some truth in the article. Adelman is a coach that lets the players play the game without calling every play. Thats why for the most part he always went with experienced players over younger players. How much restriction Musselman puts on Bibby will be interesting. I know in the past Musselman liked to call the plays. We'll see...

Gary

All-Star
Jason Williams yes, but Bibby? I agree witht he above... How will this affect Bibby? It's not like he was out of control or anything.

I think this will be a good thing for Mike. He dedicated himself to lose weight (seen him at Sac State practicing with the men's team.) He was a blur against them but that's against an inferior Div 1-A team. Hopefully he looks just as fast as he did against them this season against his peers in the League. I think he will finally make the All Star team this year.

Entity

Hall of Famer
To me it didn't seem that Bibby did whatever he wanted to do. It seemed more like he did what he had to do. However the work he puts in and the extra effort this year in losing weight so he has more stamina and can run the floor better is exactly what Muss preaches so I think he buys in and it seem he is excited.

I agree this may be more of a challenge for Bibby than Artest or Martin. And also that if he is 100% we will go places and if not he may be traded - that seems kind of obvious :rolleyes: . But Bibby is a Professional and part of playing any sport is listening to your coach. My guess is that he will give 100% this year. It is kind of like a contract year for him, remember last contract year? I am getting kind of excited about this year. I hope it goes unusually well for us which is at least OK.

I don't expect Mike to have a problem with Musselman as far as personally/verbally, but there is the possibility of him not fitting into the defensive focus. However, I only see us trading him if it's for a high-level player or quality PG (that can defend).

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
There may be problems. Who knows? Who fits and who doesn't will be rather clear from the get. I really don't expect the Kings to play all that much different. The players we have do what they do so hopefully Eric can get the best out of them.

Gotta consider the source there on both the good and bad. The hoopsworld guys are good for the ego -- apparently anybody can have a website.
While I agree that generally they write a lot of crap, I have been of belief for a while now that Bibby could be traded by the deadline even if there is a sniff of him wanting to opt out of his current contract.

Thats just my opinion based on the trend in recent years. Bibby is the last one left from the Kings of old and Maloofs and GP won't risk losing him for nothing.

But I doubt it has anything to do whether Mike buys into Eric's system or not IMHO.

Brick you can to for only 9.99 ... HAHA

I so agree, I read this statement by them and just laughed. Like they know Bibby has a problem with being more disciplened. They base this off what? Oh the last USA team maybe were he was under LB and did awesome. OHH they forgot all that.. How he was in college oh same thing they disregarded that.

IMO a coach like MUSS will only improve and keep Bibbs more focused.

If Bibby says that he wants out, GP won't let him walk. Bonzi and Mobley were something else, but a player of Bibby's caliber will be traded and not be allowed to just walk so easily.

I really don't understand this. How does a more disciplined style negativley affect Mike? He played some of his best ball when he was a reserve for Popovich for Kidd during his stint on the national team...and how is Martin a canidate for the three point shootout at the all-star game? He's not a bad shooter, but the 3pt shootout is like the top 4 or 5 in the game, and he's not quite at that level...(yet)

If Bibby says that he wants out, GP won't let him walk. Bonzi and Mobley were something else, but a player of Bibby's caliber will be traded and not be allowed to just walk so easily.
If Bibby decides to excercise the ETO, the Kings can't stop him and once he does that he can't be extended. Putting an extension on him now only adds years and more guarenteed money on Bibby's table than he already has and that makes no financial sense at all. If they know he will and want to assure something back in return, they would have to trade him before he does (now or before the trading deadline).