Kings calling up Sim Bhullar for a 10 day contract

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I guess that means David Wear's 10-day "now you can say you're an NBA player" tour is now over?

This seems like a pretty predictable move, really. Vivek wants to have the first Indian-heritage player and now he'll get him. With Cousins hurting a little bit, Sim may even get some "real" minutes. We shall see...

I guess that means David Wear's 10-day "now you can say you're an NBA player" tour is now over?

This seems like a pretty predictable move, really. Vivek wants to have the first Indian-heritage player and now he'll get him. With Cousins hurting a little bit, Sim may even get some "real" minutes. We shall see...
Yeah, I did'nt understand how life changing a 10 day call up could be for D-L guys. Huge salary boost even if they dont get another 10 day afterwards.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It will be a major sideshow attraction... Even with his lost weight, the few times I've watched him he is the slowest moving player I have ever seen.

I want him to succeed and be something, but I don't see it, at least now. The game will be way to fast for him to be anything more than a major liability.

THAT SAID, if this isn't an April Fools, congrats to him and good luck. Prove me wrong?

It will be a major sideshow attraction... Even with his lost weight, the few times I've watched him he is the slowest moving player I have ever seen.

I want him to succeed and be something, but I don't see it, at least now. The game will be way to fast for him to be anything more than a major liability.

THAT SAID, if this isn't an April Fools, congrats to him and good luck. Prove me wrong?
I'm not even sure if it's an April Fools or not haha.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

I love it when he straight swats that fool without even jumping (okay he tripped on Sim's massive shoes first, but whatever ;) )

I'm warming up to the Sim Bhullar experience. Maybe we don't need to sign a backup center next year?

Honestly he looks much more agile than most men his size. He is huffing and puffing a lot though. But he looks coordinated. Hell it's worth a shot.

But the only thing is that from what I've seen he doesn't get up the floor on offense that much. He doesn't have the conditioning for an NBA game, but hell like I said worth a look.

Last edited:
I thought it was an April Fools joke but I guess not. Kings psycho circus 3.0 lol I'm so grateful to be a fan of this team. I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!

Pete D'Alessandro should resign in disgust over this. Draw the dignity line somewhere man!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I see no reason not to do this if you're calling up future accountants and refrigerator salesmen like David Stockton and Wear.

On the other hand I hope this doesn't become an even bigger excuse to rest Cuz down the stretch. Still All NBA team honors to secure, let's jsut close it as strong as we can, if he needs another night off in the last 9, ok. Sin can't play 48 anyway.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I thought it was an April Fools joke but I guess not. Kings psycho circus 3.0 lol I'm so grateful to be a fan of this team. I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!

Pete D'Alessandro should resign in disgust over this. Draw the dignity line somewhere man!!
There's overreacting and then there's this. Sim has earned an end of the year 10 day contract just as much as David Stockton or David Wear have.

Unless you're joking, in which case, carry on. :)

He's not ready. Game will fly by him.Would be kinda funny, if this massive individual is used to stretch the floor to make the distance to move between defense and offense shorter for him.

i hope they thrust him into the starting line up. we could literally run n gun for the reason of the season. you see how many blocks he got w/o even jumping? he just needs to let out a nasty elephant roar after each dunk.

To be honest he shows a nice bit of skill and footwork for someone that big, if he lost anothet 40 lbs he could be on his way to an NBA career.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
respectfully disagree. All three call-ups are silly.
We gave a couple of (apparently) nice kids who probably aren't NBA level talents (Bhullar TBD) a cup of coffee at a minimum cost. They barely played. Is that "silly"?

As a matter of fact, there may be a long play here. Both Bhullar and Wear are "affiliate" players in the NBDL - we brought them into camp and used our rights to assign them specifically to Reno. At the end of the year, we give them a call-up. This probably looks pretty good to agents of marginal but potential talent. Where do they want to send their guys on a training camp invite next year? Well, if the Kings like their guy enough to give him "affiliate" status, they have a history of calling them up at the end of the season. That may sound like a small thing, but any little advantage helps in attracting our choice of training camp players.

We gave a couple of (apparently) nice kids who probably aren't NBA level talents (Bhullar TBD) a cup of coffee at a minimum cost. They barely played. Is that "silly"?
Just so every kid plays I guess. If the Kings want to put a totally uncoordinated kid out in right field for a couple innings out of kindness sure, who am I to argue. It is tee-ball after all. Wait, oh yeah I'm somebody who is paying like $250/night to watch the product. I guess I CAN ***** about giving minutes to non-NBA talents if I want to.

Actually, the "long play" argument makes some sense but really I don't want to pay regular season dollars to watch long-shot tryouts. To me it just points more to Vivek not having his eye on the court first. The gimmickyness of it is just a little discouraging to me. Been a rough year.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love it when he straight swats that fool without even jumping (okay he tripped on Sim's massive shoes first, but whatever ;) )

I'm warming up to the Sim Bhullar experience. Maybe we don't need to sign a backup center next year?
Looking at his highlights I'm curios to see what he can do in an NBA game. He actually gets a little fired up under the rim. I saw a little post up action. Get ready for some blocked shots.

It is undeniable that he is a very large human.

Slows as molasses but I wouldn't necessarily say he's uncoordinated. Gets some good blocks there, but NBA players will be better at driving *around* him, unlike the D-League players who are running into him.

Although again, "around" refers to a pretty small area in Sim's case.

If DmC and Rudy sit out, Sim starting and playin for 20 minutes might just make the Kings worth watching.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
these pointless ten day contract signings need to end.
Why? It's not hurting a thing and it's a way to give the fans in attendance another reason to cheer.

The way some of you act, you'd think you were paying the costs of the contracts.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Why? It's not hurting a thing and it's a way to give the fans in attendance another reason to cheer.

The way some of you act, you'd think you were paying the costs of the contracts.
sometimes just making a move for the sake of making a move really has no merit. There should be purpose with doing these signings, I highly doubt it's to have some competition in practices.