[Game] Kings @ Bulls - 1/21/17 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that bogus call cost us the game, I think Boogie showed remarkable restraint. I personally would have liked to see Joerger go completely bat-poopoo nuts about it.
I wouldn't say it "cost us the game." No guarantee that we win if the foul isn't called. In fact, we probably would have found another way to lose like we normally do.

As for the coach, he did the right thing by not going nuts and getting a T there. It was still a tie game at that point. Can't get a T in that situation.

I wouldn't say it "cost us the game." No guarantee that we win if the foul isn't called. In fact, we probably would have found another way to lose like we normally do.

As for the coach, he did the right thing by not going nuts and getting a T there. It was still a tie game at that point. Can't get a T in that situation.
Well it's true, that we still had the chance to win the game despite the call. We had 14 seconds left, but couldn't come up with something better, than a DMC Iso versus Gibson out on the 3 point line. Gibson defended Cousins drives well for the entire game, but had trouble holding his ground in the post. So basically we made a poor choice and bailed Gibson out, when DMC catched the ball at the 3 point line. I don't think it was intentional, but more the Bulls defense defending the inbound play very well and the Kings having no timeouts left. On top of that it was entirely our fault, that the game was close in the end. The Bulls are more or less a throwback team and have a flawed roster. We match up with them really well and Cousins was dominant. This game shouldn't have been close.
But the call did put us in a bad situation. Nobody can't deny that. And it wasn't that call alone. The ref's called a ton of ticky tack fouls on Wade and Butler all night long, resulting in a 33 to 21 FTA advantage for the Bulls and 25 FT's for Butler and Wade combined.
Do you agree with most of these calls? Because I don't. Even Butler was laughing, when discussing the last call of the first half with Temple during halftime. But you think the officials are doing a good job?

K

KingMilz

Well it's true, that we still had the chance to win the game despite the call. We had 14 seconds left, but couldn't come up with something better, than a DMC Iso versus Gibson out on the 3 point line. Gibson defended Cousins drives well for the entire game, but had trouble holding his ground in the post. So basically we made a poor choice and bailed Gibson out, when DMC catched the ball at the 3 point line. I don't think it was intentional, but more the Bulls defense defending the inbound play very well and the Kings having no timeouts left. On top of that it was entirely our fault, that the game was close in the end. The Bulls are more or less a throwback team and have a flawed roster. We match up with them really well and Cousins was dominant. This game shouldn't have been close.
But the call did put us in a bad situation. Nobody can't deny that. And it wasn't that call alone. The ref's called a ton of ticky tack fouls on Wade and Butler all night long, resulting in a 33 to 21 FTA advantage for the Bulls and 25 FT's for Butler and Wade combined.
Do you agree with most of these calls? Because I don't. Even Butler was laughing, when discussing the last call of the first half with Temple during halftime. But you think the officials are doing a good job?
The officials have also helped us in a number of games also it all even's out but the forum will only ever talk about the officials when it's against us, the Bulls have arguably the worst fitting pieces in the NBA (they actually have very decent talent) and probably the most terrible coach in Fred Hoiberg who has been called out a number of times during games by there play by play guy Stacey King. The officials did a terrible job but they have off days as well and Butler/Wade will get the benefit of the doubt because both are All-Stars and incredible at getting to the rim.

The officials have also helped us in a number of games also it all even's out but the forum will only ever talk about the officials when it's against us, the Bulls have arguably the worst fitting pieces in the NBA (they actually have very decent talent) and probably the most terrible coach in Fred Hoiberg who has been called out a number of times during games by there play by play guy Stacey King. The officials did a terrible job but they have off days as well and Butler/Wade will get the benefit of the doubt because both are All-Stars and incredible at getting to the rim.
And the last part of your sentence pretty much sums up the reasons I complain about the ref's. I know you watch tons of NBA games. Do you think the ref's treat every player the same? Because I honestly don't think so. The calls guys like Westbrook or Harden get feel entirely different to what is given to most bigs. This is not about Cousins. I know he is the elephant in the room on this board and every discussion tends to turn into a fight between DMC supporters and objectors. But I honestly think DMC gets more calls than other bigs (except AD) by now. But when KAT for example gets the same amount of FT's as Steph Curry I just think something is clearly wrong.
It's not about bad luck or bad days of officials or if those things even out over the course of the season. It's about me thinking the NBA wants to encourage penetration by guards and wings, because it's spectecular and the backbone of those high octane offenses we all are witnessing right now.
I would like to think I'm not entirely biased in my opinion, just because I'm a Kings fan and like to watch big man. But one can never know.

There were definitely some bad calls in there. Cuz got away with a blatant travel with 56 seconds to go in a tie game (where he made that tough runner off the glass) but nobody is talking about that. Game might have been totally different had that been called. Refereeing basketball is by far the toughest sport to referee. The game is fast, angles can be tough to get, and there is a lot of gray area. Overall, I think the NBA refs do a good job. They get around 90% correct which means they are going to be wrong 1 in 10 times and that sometimes will come at the end of the game where it is magnified like the Wade play. Fans have been bitching about NBA refs as long as I've been watching the NBA (since Day 1 of the Sac era).

You hit the nail on the head about it shouldn't even have been close at that point. We put ourselves in situations where a bad call or a bad play call (like the last play with Cuz) can cost us the game. We aren't a good team. The referee who made that call should be held accountable but so should our players who find creative ways to lose just about every night.

I mean, I didn't want to ruin the mood, but I personally have a different take and reaction to losses about now. The team, after this horrible stretch, is a lot closer to keeping their top ten pick than getting crushed as an 8 seed. So I don't respond to losses the same way, especially if we are secure in Cousins staying. I just want improvement and direction

There were definitely some bad calls in there. Cuz got away with a blatant travel with 56 seconds to go in a tie game (where he made that tough runner off the glass) but nobody is talking about that. Game might have been totally different had that been called. Refereeing basketball is by far the toughest sport to referee. The game is fast, angles can be tough to get, and there is a lot of gray area. Overall, I think the NBA refs do a good job. They get around 90% correct which means they are going to be wrong 1 in 10 times and that sometimes will come at the end of the game where it is magnified like the Wade play. Fans have been bitching about NBA refs as long as I've been watching the NBA (since Day 1 of the Sac era).

You hit the nail on the head about it shouldn't even have been close at that point. We put ourselves in situations where a bad call or a bad play call (like the last play with Cuz) can cost us the game. We aren't a good team. The referee who made that call should be held accountable but so should our players who find creative ways to lose just about every night.
Fans bitching about the refs is just part of every sport. I don't necessarily think the refs are doing a bad job. I just think the NBA wants the game to be played in a certain way and uses the refs to enforce this playstyle.
Do I have proof for that? No. After all I'm just a fan. If this makes me a subjective turd bitching about the way the game is called sometimes I'm actually fine with that....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.