[Game] Kings @ Bucks - Saturday, Dec. 2 - 5:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Boy I hope this time is different. ;)

First, the bear update. Recology swapped out our dumpster today. Seems like they finally realized I was serious about the bear being a real problem. When I called them to tell them they might have to send the fork lift truck up to get the dumpster back on its little feetsies, they seemed to change their tune. The new dumpster is just like those you see in areas with real bear problems - which I think they've finally realized was the situation here. I'm tempted to stay up until the really wee hours of the morning just to see how Yogi feels about the changes to his "feeding station" (which is what the game warden called the old dumpster).

Okay, back to the upcoming game...

I just finished watching the Bulls game. I think there was lots to be hopeful about. I'm gonna take all the credit, but it sure seems like WCS cutting his hair relieved pressure on his brain or something and he's hell-bent on figuring everything out. Bogs continues to impress and I can only imagine how good he'll be with some more time with his teammates. Z-Bo got the job done, and I think he's helping the rookies to learn how to win. There was a time when we simply wouldn't have won these close games and now we're doing it on a regular (well "regular") basis.

I don't remember if we have any members from Milwaukee but I'm looking forward to seeing at least a few Kings jerseys in the crowd. :)

Okay, rambling dissertation is over. There's a really bright moon out tonight and I'm going to enjoy it...and watch for the bear.

Once, now and always - GO KINGS!!!

Boy I hope this time is different. ;)

First, the bear update. Recology swapped out our dumpster today. Seems like they finally realized I was serious about the bear being a real problem. When I called them to tell them they might have to send the fork lift truck up to get the dumpster back on its little feetsies, they seemed to change their tune. The new dumpster is just like those you see in areas with real bear problems - which I think they've finally realized was the situation here. I'm tempted to stay up until the really wee hours of the morning just to see how Yogi feels about the changes to his "feeding station" (which is what the game warden called the old dumpster).

Okay, back to the upcoming game...

I just finished watching the Bulls game. I think there was lots to be hopeful about. I'm gonna take all the credit, but it sure seems like WCS cutting his hair relieved pressure on his brain or something and he's hell-bent on figuring everything out. Bogs continues to impress and I can only imagine how good he'll be with some more time with his teammates. Z-Bo got the job done, and I think he's helping the rookies to learn how to win. There was a time when we simply wouldn't have won these close games and now we're doing it on a regular (well "regular") basis.

I don't remember if we have any members from Milwaukee but I'm looking forward to seeing at least a few Kings jerseys in the crowd. :)

Okay, rambling dissertation is over. There's a really bright moon out tonight and I'm going to enjoy it...and watch for the bear.

Once, now and always - GO KINGS!!!
I would like to make a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to have a "What was wrong with the Kings/Joerger This Game" thread after every game, kind of like the grades thread. Apparently, we have people who are feeling "crushed" by "people and their sunshine disposition". They are not happy when the Kings lose (Joerger/FO/players stink) and want to whine and complain and they are not happy when the Kings win (not tanking/Joerger/FO/players stink) and want to whine and complain. Just create an empty thread that can be for all the same old complaints.

The grades thread could be for legitimate criticism/praise/observations of player and team development. The complaint thread can be for the doom and gloomers and their same old tired complaints. They can all commiserate there in their misery while they await their vindication and being able to brag about being right, all along. Who knows, maybe in a year or two I will join them, but right now it is way too soon to be constantly down on the team/coach/players/FO. I think they have a plan and are sticking with it, do I know what it is? No. But it's in their hands, we can't change it, so let's just give them time and see how it plays out.

I would like to make a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to have a "What was wrong with the Kings/Joerger This Game" thread after every game, kind of like the grades thread. Apparently, we have people who are feeling "crushed" by "people and their sunshine disposition". They are not happy when the Kings lose (Joerger/FO/players stink) and want to whine and complain and they are not happy when the Kings win (not tanking/Joerger/FO/players stink) and want to whine and complain. Just create an empty thread that can be for all the same old complaints.

The grades thread could be for legitimate criticism/praise/observations of player and team development. The complaint thread can be for the doom and gloomers and their same old tired complaints. They can all commiserate there in their misery while they await their vindication and being able to brag about being right, all along. Who knows, maybe in a year or two I will join them, but right now it is way too soon to be constantly down on the team/coach/players/FO. I think they have a plan and are sticking with it, do I know what it is? No. But it's in their hands, we can't change it, so let's just give them time and see how it plays out.
I think the grades thread should include a grade for Joeger and the front office. I will post my thoughts here prior to the game instead of after.

The Kings committed to a rebuild which is fine. Playing ZBo 32 minutes and Temple 37 while your 1st and 2nd year players get reduced minutes is not how I have ever seen any rebuild executed. As far as I’m concerned, the minutes show poor execution of your strategic plan and a basketball operations side of the business not on the same page.

If you win games because your young guys are progressing faster than anticipated, fine. If you win games because your riding older vets on 2 year contracts and costing yourself draft spots that is not fine. It’s just the same incompetent front office we have grown to expect.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

The people who are feeling crushed are no different than the people who have quit posting (or so their messages to me say) because of the negativity. Trying to keep everything going on an even keel around here is like herding cats. We try and keep things as free-flowing as possible (within our structure of a moderated board) but it's not a perfect system.

I think the grades thread should include a grade for Joeger and the front office. I will post my thoughts here prior to the game instead of after.

The Kings committed to a rebuild which is fine. Playing ZBo 32 minutes and Temple 37 while your 1st and 2nd year players get reduced minutes is not how I have ever seen any rebuild executed. As far as I’m concerned, the minutes show poor execution of your strategic plan and a basketball operations side of the business not on the same page.

If you win games because your young guys are progressing faster than anticipated, fine. If you win games because your riding older vets on 2 year contracts and costing yourself draft spots that is not fine. It’s just the same incompetent front office we have grown to expect.
But that isn't the norm. Temple is averaging 25+ and Z-Bo 24+. On the season the minutes distribution is fairly even between vets and young guys. There are things I would do differently, but lots of young guys are getting lots of minutes so far this season.

The people who are feeling crushed are no different than the people who have quit posting (or so their messages to me say) because of the negativity. Trying to keep everything going on an even keel around here is like herding cats. We try and keep things as free-flowing as possible (within our structure of a moderated board) but it's not a perfect system.
The problem I have with some of the negativity, is it's not anything new or constructive it's just the same old rehash of their pet peeves over and over, pretty much cut & paste, win or lose, I think some of them just want to be contrarian

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The problem I have with some of the negativity, is it's not anything new or constructive it's just the same old rehash of their pet peeves over and over, pretty much cut & paste, win or lose, I think some of them just want to be contrarian
As my friend Tetsujin said in another thread, "it's not not a factor." We do have the ignore feature. If you just cannot stand constantly wading through a particular poster's comments, you can always put them on your ignore list. The only downside to this is you see NONE of their posts and it sometimes creates a lot of confusion when someone is quoting them and responding. You don't see the quoted part and the response may make no sense without it. ;)

Yep the long negativity is a tiresome but it’s a legitimate question of how well the Kings are executing their strategic plan. I think that needs to be part of the grades but not a long diatribe.

As my friend Tetsujin said in another thread, "it's not not a factor." We do have the ignore feature. If you just cannot stand constantly wading through a particular poster's comments, you can always put them on your ignore list. The only downside to this is you see NONE of their posts and it sometimes creates a lot of confusion when someone is quoting them and responding. You don't see the quoted part and the response may make no sense without it. ;)
True, I just hate to use ignore, as you said there are downsides to it

But that isn't the norm. Temple is averaging 25+ and Z-Bo 24+. On the season the minutes distribution is fairly even between vets and young guys. There are things I would do differently, but lots of young guys are getting lots of minutes so far this season.
I agree which is why I would have a front office/strategic plan grade. Winning by 1 point in Chicago with Temple playing 37 and Zach playing 32 while Buddy plays 7 and Skal plays 14 and your 16th picks from both previous years are in Reno is a strategic F even if the team won the game.

But give them a grade and move on.

It's just an awkward time for Kings fans. Some of us root for the team to improve for the long run and some of us root for the team to win on a night to night basis. The long run fans don't want to pick up wins against teams like Chicago because it hurts the Kings draft chances and helps Chicago's. The night to night fans are just happy to see the team play well and win, despite the situation and despite who the opponent is. Some say that ZBo helps develop the youngsters. Some say he's taking developmental time away from them.

One could say that beating Chicago helps the team develop a winning mentality. One could say that it could have a hand in costing us a franchise all star. Some people just want to be happy about something, even if it's beating Chicago because as Kings fans, we haven't had much to be happy about in a long long time. Some people are focused on the future of the team and are weary about this current group having enough talent to develop into a playoff team.

All of these examples are in the gray area because there's no black and white here. No one is right and no one is wrong because we can't predict the future. All I know is that we all want the team to win despite who may be right or wrong. I don't want posters leaving because of negativity but I don't want people to feel like they can't express their opinions because that's causing them to not be able to post either. I personally have never ignored someone on a forum because it's very easy to just skip past whatever you don't want to read.

Some people may have left because of the negativity but I think the biggest reason has been the let down that has been the way the team has been playing this season. I think a lot of us were expecting them to lose but we were expecting Fox to score 25points once a week or so with some bad games in between. We were expecting "flashes" from some of these guys that are more impressive than 10pt 4ast performances. Many of us wanted Skal to have the night that ZBo had last night. We all want to be excited about the future and so far there's not a whole lot to really make people want to get on here and talk Kings constantly. We all came into this season very excited about the kids while still expecting losses but it's sort of felt like the old Francisco Garcia/Spencer Hawes days where it's just not all that entertaining to watch because nothing is really going our way. Tis the life of a Kings fan.

dude12

Hall of Famer
It's just an awkward time for Kings fans. Some of us root for the team to improve for the long run and some of us root for the team to win on a night to night basis. The long run fans don't want to pick up wins against teams like Chicago because it hurts the Kings draft chances and helps Chicago's. The night to night fans are just happy to see the team play well and win, despite the situation and despite who the opponent is. Some say that ZBo helps develop the youngsters. Some say he's taking developmental time away from them.

One could say that beating Chicago helps the team develop a winning mentality. One could say that it could have a hand in costing us a franchise all star. Some people just want to be happy about something, even if it's beating Chicago because as Kings fans, we haven't had much to be happy about in a long long time. Some people are focused on the future of the team and are weary about this current group having enough talent to develop into a playoff team.

All of these examples are in the gray area because there's no black and white here. No one is right and no one is wrong because we can't predict the future. All I know is that we all want the team to win despite who may be right or wrong. I don't want posters leaving because of negativity but I don't want people to feel like they can't express their opinions because that's causing them to not be able to post either. I personally have never ignored someone on a forum because it's very easy to just skip past whatever you don't want to read.

Some people may have left because of the negativity but I think the biggest reason has been the let down that has been the way the team has been playing this season. I think a lot of us were expecting them to lose but we were expecting Fox to score 25points once a week or so with some bad games in between. We were expecting "flashes" from some of these guys that are more impressive than 10pt 4ast performances. Many of us wanted Skal to have the night that ZBo had last night. We all want to be excited about the future and so far there's not a whole lot to really make people want to get on here and talk Kings constantly. We all came into this season very excited about the kids while still expecting losses but it's sort of felt like the old Francisco Garcia/Spencer Hawes days where it's just not all that entertaining to watch because nothing is really going our way. Tis the life of a Kings fan.
Fair enough but Skal physically ( maybe mentally) isn't ready to break out. He's just. Not ready for that as are most if not all of these young guys. It's too early in the process. Way, way too early in the process.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I agree which is why I would have a front office/strategic plan grade. Winning by 1 point in Chicago with Temple playing 37 and Zach playing 32 while Buddy plays 7 and Skal plays 14 and your 16th picks from both previous years are in Reno is a strategic F even if the team won the game.

But give them a grade and move on.
Or, it is an "A" since those players will have to elevate their game in practices and in the game minutes they do get to steal those minutes from the vets. I don't want the young players to get free reign if they haven't earned it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
demolition game phase II

in the first meeting the Kings were unable to contain the Bucks from scoring in the paint and that got them going from the outside too, for a team that isn't that good of a shooting team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whew. This is not gonna go well when Jerry's comment is "Hey, at least it got up close to the basket."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen an entire starting lineup benched at the same time. Joerger is NOT happy.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Fox with the ball up top, as two bigs are at the hoop. Kosta posting and Willie waiting for the board. WTF is this crap? Either the players are incompetent or the coaching staff is. Unreal. There is a logical way to run this, outside of ramming Zbo down the other teams throat we've rarely seen it.