KHTK

Discussion in 'Off the Court' started by Mr. S£im Citrus, Jan 21, 2015.

1. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

Cory is his real name. "Mike D" was a pseudonym.
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    chasen4r1 likes this.
  2. VF21

I know I'm going to set my alarm so I can hear Dave's first show with Deuce and Morgan. (Okay, I may have to wait for the podcast...) I hope everybody tunes in so that KHTK can see the numbers Dave can draw without Keith Brooks there to drive listeners away.

It's a great day for sports radio in Sacramento!
    Warhawk and LoungeLizard like this.
  3. ForlornKing

ForlornKing Well-Known Member

Cannot stand Nate anymore than I can stand Mike D.

Not really happy about the new mid day.
  4. otis29

otis29 New Member

Yeah, JRoss-Deuce-Mo was about as good as Sacramento sports talk radio gets these days. Just a really nice mix of personalities. Nate is a little too hot-takeish for my taste.
    Elektrik and chasen4r1 like this.
  5. G_M

G_M Well-Known Member

I stopped listening to 1140 in the morning when Keith Brooks started. Honestly, I listen mainly to 650am in the morning. BUT, with Keith gone I'll give 1140 another listen...
    Elektrik likes this.
  6. jcassio

jcassio Well-Known Member

Little Joe made me laugh a few times, but his nasally voice is annoying for radio.
  7. Merdiesel

Merdiesel Well-Known Member

I dont get this.. is he taking a shot at Dave?
  8. otis29

otis29 New Member

Doubt it, sounds like they are pretty close.
  9. jcassio

jcassio Well-Known Member

Save some of your sympathy for the other million people who are out of work. Most of them much worse off, I'm sure.
  10. Merdiesel

Merdiesel Well-Known Member

Great news.

Don't know why KHTK decided to try and be all edgy the last few years with idiots like Don Geronimo and Keith Brooks.

When deciding between Tom Tolbert and Ray Ratto or whatever crap KHTK has on, I usually go with the 3rd option and just turn the damn thing off.
  11. VF21

No, not at all.
  12. fansinceday1

fansinceday1 Well-Known Member

JRoss and Deuce were finally getting some good chemistry going. Dam.
  13. nebs

nebs Well-Known Member

THANK YOU RADIO GODS THAT keith brooks IS OFF THE AIR. If it means breaking up the noon show to get rid of that idiot then I'm good. Even if they need to reshuffle again in a year or two, at least I never have to hear that dude on my radio again.

Will actually tune into the morning show now.
  14. fansinceday1

Coach Malone called into deuce's show. Wow.
    Good to hear from coach.
  15. macadocious

macadocious Well-Known Member

What did he say?
  16. fansinceday1

He said he had the shows back because they really showed him love through everything that happened. He thanked the fans for the love theyve shown him and his family. It was really cool cause deuce, JRoss, and Morgan sounded really shocked to be talking to coach.
    chasen4r1 likes this.
  17. macadocious

He's a really good dude.
  18. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

LOL!
  19. Hoovtrain

Hoovtrain Well-Known Member

Thank god this buffoon is gone. He lacked knowledge, tact, wit, radio presence etc, etc. For a guy who has been on the air as long as he has, you would think he would be better at stringing together a few thoughts without having to throw a couple hundred “uh…uh’….uh”’s in between. And for those of you that feel sorry for the guy…don’t. I will really miss his repartee on fat chicks, fat people, ugly people, or any other juvenile, offensive observations he liked to pontificate on. Good riddance to this loser
    LoungeLizard likes this.
  20. jdbraver

jdbraver Guest

What took so long.....geez.
  21. Section 101

Section 101 Well-Known Member

Now they need to drop Nate and Deuce.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  22. rainmaker

rainmaker Well-Known Member

That's true, but I have little respect for those who don't show up and do their job in a professional manner. Keith acted like a teenager, has the intellect of a 10 yr old and never took the time to attempt to come across even semi-intelligently.

There's many more out there who bust their ass to do their best and hold themselves to a higher professional standard, yet lose their jobs. They are the ones I feel bad about, not some dude Keith's age talking and looking like he's in HS. He came across as he looked, which is not a professional and personally after growing up in a more formal NY environment, I have little tolerance for how laid back some in CA can be while thinking they come across as professional.

Dress for success, let your talk leave a mark. Keith failed on both accounts.

KHTK in general is run by a bunch of idiots who have no clue what they're doing.
  23. VF21

We got what we wanted. Keith Brooks is gone. I can easily wait and see how everything else irons out. :)
  24. macadocious

Why has Sean Thomas never gotten a shot at anything?
  25. VF21

Dave posted an incredible commentary about Joe that I thought was well worth sharing:

• Carmichael Dave
      32 mins · Edited ·
    Hoovtrain and IfAt1st like this.
  26. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Does this mean the end of Celebrity Birthdays (Celebrity Birthdays!)? :(
  27. carmichaeldave

carmichaeldave Well-Known Member

28. Kingsguy881

Kingsguy881 Guest

Thank you D. I know you are too humble to admit it but you are helping save Sactown radio after helping save Sactown sports. My hat is way off brutha.
  29. IfAt1st

IfAt1st Well-Known Member

That was really classy and ballsy to stand up for Joe like that, Dave.

Hats off to you, and here's hoping a mis-managed shack of a soulless corporation thinks twice and re-hires good people.
  30. nebs

nebs Well-Known Member

Little Joe should be in radio. As odd as this may sound I think he fits in best in a Don Geronimo type show.