KF - Official Fantasy Football League - 2012

Its that time of year again....FANTASY FOOTBALL. I am ready for some football. I have created the league and everyone that participated last year should have received an email.

These were the participants of last year

CPT JSin
Gary's Bengals
Heads
Kingmyc Gunslingers
SacKings7' Chargers
VF21 Devils
Venom's Vendetta
annihilator_33
uolj Fog Balls
Bradymeister

If you are on this list and you did not receive an email, please PM me. If you are on this list and do not wish to participate, please let me know within the next week.

The only 2 people that have NOT signed up is

Gary's Bengals
Heads

Please sign up.

I will also have a waiting list.

Last edited:
For those that are going to participate (from last year), please sign up with the next few days.

If you did not play last year and wish to be on the waiting list, please reply to this thread.

is it possible for me to watch the league... i know it sounds stupid but i here about them talking about fantasy football on NFL Network and ESPN and its sound so complicated and i have wanted to have a look at what you have to do...

is it possible for me to watch the league... i know it sounds stupid but i here about them talking about fantasy football on NFL Network and ESPN and its sound so complicated and i have wanted to have a look at what you have to do...
You could always join a random league on Yahoo to get the feel of things before joining a KingsFans league. Then again, the very first fantasy football league I played in was a KingsFans league. As long as you're a fan of the NFL I'm sure you'd get the hang of things after a few weeks.

We still need 2 more people. Please reply to this thread if you are interested. This is an ACTIVE league, so only sign up if you are going to remain active.

Anybody click on the Matchup Recap for the previous week's games? It made me laugh how serious (and well-written) the computer generated recap is.

Folks, I am making available any quarterback on my roster not named Eli Manning. Trade offers will be appreciated and considered. I am looking to receive the following position(s) in return: RB, WR, TE...

I have received several PM's from people wanting to know if we can implement the waiver process.

To be honest, I have wanted to do this several years ago but no one mentioned it UNTIL now.

Here is the breakdown:

Weekly Waivers

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players.

1. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

2. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

3. Game Time means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game with the claim period ending at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

Please let me know by Wednesday (Sep 26th) your opinion on this issue.

In all honesty, with this being a free league, I could not be bothered if we had a "waiver process" vs if we do not...with that being said, I do agree that having a waiver process will make the league more fair all around. If you want to use either of your 3 options, each will work well with me. I do have another suggestion, and is one that has been used in a money league that i used to be in (and won one year) with family and friends...

Open waivers on Tuesday. Waiver order determined by overall standings (i.e. last place picks first, etc.). after all teams are given a chance to pick up and drop a player, open up free agency. Free agency will end sunday by kick off of morning games...

the only downside to my idea, unless you wanna go all out and implement a time limit, is that by allowing the initial waiver process, you might encounter a few who can't access a computer during the time in which they are to make their waiver pick. One way to eliminate this problem is to implement a blind waiver process, where you set a deadline for waivers, and everyone in the league sends you a list of players they would like to pick up via waivers...and the highest bidder gets that player....if you are confused, feel free to PM me...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In all honesty, with this being a free league, I could not be bothered if we had a "waiver process" vs if we do not...with that being said, I do agree that having a waiver process will make the league more fair all around. If you want to use either of your 3 options, each will work well with me. I do have another suggestion, and is one that has been used in a money league that i used to be in (and won one year) with family and friends...

Open waivers on Tuesday. Waiver order determined by overall standings (i.e. last place picks first, etc.). after all teams are given a chance to pick up and drop a player, open up free agency. Free agency will end sunday by kick off of morning games...

the only downside to my idea, unless you wanna go all out and implement a time limit, is that by allowing the initial waiver process, you might encounter a few who can't access a computer during the time in which they are to make their waiver pick. One way to eliminate this problem is to implement a blind waiver process, where you set a deadline for waivers, and everyone in the league sends you a list of players they would like to pick up via waivers...and the highest bidder gets that player....if you are confused, feel free to PM me...
The three options she posted are the only ones available from Yahoo for this kind of league.

The three options she posted are the only ones available from Yahoo for this kind of league.
I understand that those are the only 3 options available from Yahoo, but I think the "blind waivers" can be implemented using PMs either through this site (kingsfans.com) or through the league site (Yahoo). Yes, it would be a lot of work, but each member would just need to send a message to the commish before the deadline with a ranked list of players they would like to pick up for that week and who they would like to drop in order to pick that specific player up. Then, when it approaches the deadline, the commish just compiles the list and assigns players based on the highest rank given by each owner.

Just a thought. But, seeing that this is only a free league, I will settle with anything at the end of the day...

I understand that those are the only 3 options available from Yahoo, but I think the "blind waivers" can be implemented using PMs either through this site (kingsfans.com) or through the league site (Yahoo). Yes, it would be a lot of work, but each member would just need to send a message to the commish before the deadline with a ranked list of players they would like to pick up for that week and who they would like to drop in order to pick that specific player up. Then, when it approaches the deadline, the commish just compiles the list and assigns players based on the highest rank given by each owner.

Just a thought. But, seeing that this is only a free league, I will settle with anything at the end of the day...
I appreciate the suggestion, however, this is only a fun league with bragging rights. I don't think the commish should have to do alot of work if its just a fun league.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

As a long-time commissioner, I cannot imagine doing that much work for a fantasy league. Way too "strat-o-matic" for my tastes. :)

As I said, I am not bothered with either of the 3 options given by yahoo, but was just throwing out the blind waiver process as a suggestion IF the commish would want to implement that. Seeing that it is a free league, I do agree that it is a lot of work, so I will settle with either of the 3 yahoo options.....

fyi, it feels good to have the team with the most points scored for the 2nd week in a row....looking forward to doing the same in week 3!!!!!