Kevin Martin

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Optimus - We can be optimistic but we're gonna need to see a lot more. He's playing the 2 behind a pretty good guard, which could limit his minutes. PLUS Adelman has been notorious in the past about not allowing rookies a lot of playing time. I'm hopeful, though, and I sure like his enthusiasm and fearlessness.

:D

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
VF21 said:
Depends on whether you're naming him Rookie of the Year OR simply celebrating that, for a change, we have someone new we can be excited about...
When was the last time we drafted a rookie that we weren't excited about?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KG beat me to it, as far as Corsley is concerned. Dan Dickau didn't light up my face, either...

We seem to rely more on off-season trades and acquisitions than the draft, because at our level we don't get the lottery draft picks any longer.

The acquisition of most veterans doesn't usually do much for me, especially when they're made to fill a gap or simply act as bench fodder. So, when we actually get a decent player at the 26th pick in the draft - AND he gets a little bit of playing time and shows a lot of potential - then I'm excited about it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Edwards = second round pick = doesn't count

Dickau = doesn't count. He was traded on draft day.

As far as the veterans, I was excited about signing Miller, and the year before, I was exited about signing Clark and Jackson. Petrie generally makes the kind of good personnel decisions that it's hard not to get excited about.

The last time I wasn't excited about a first-round pick that Petrie made was Olivier Saint-Jean. And that was before the Great Turnaround™.

Hmm, Special K. Reminds me, I need to eat breakfast:D Definitely better than KMart though. Those quotes are from Media Day. If I get the chance, I will ask him Friday which Nick he likes best. As long as we don't have to call him KMart I am down with it

KM is a great addition.. He can get to the line, and he shoots free throws well.. That is what we need.. Plus he is a defensive presence already! He needs to improve on rebounding, and passing, but overall I think we will love the guy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OptimusRhyme said:
Special K sounds to much like the drug,,, it's got to see in that article that Martin has went up to 200 pounds.
:confused:

The drug? I just thought it was a breakfast cereal.

Hmmmmmm...

Reason #612 why VF21 is old.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
:confused:

The drug? I just thought it was a breakfast cereal.

Hmmmmmm...

Reason #612 why VF21 is old.
I just went to 3 differnet stores trying to find shaving soap. At one Walgrens a young man informed me that he had never heard of it, and his slightly older supervisor informed him that shaving soap is what men used before there was shaving cream. The clerk looked puzzled and asked when was that? The supervisor did not seem to know but told me he thought they quit making shaving soap in the 60's. I just shook my head went to the neighborhood phararmacy and bought a new cake of soap and realized how out of date I am, and how out of touch they are.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
How out of touch *they* are? You went to a Walgreens in 2004 looking for shaving soap, and *they're* out of touch? :p
::VF21 shakes slightly trembling fist at Mr. Slim::

Just you wait, you ... you ... whipper-snapper!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Note to old farts: now even that newfangled cream isn't so newfangled anymore -- we've moved on to gel.

I hear they've also started making airplanes with no propellers! :p

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Note to old farts: now even that newfangled cream isn't so newfangled anymore -- we've moved on to gel.

I hear they've also started making airplanes with no propellers! :p
If I had my teeth in I'd bite ya!