Karl's agent wants Bobby Jackson fired

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/scott-703493-worthy-lakers.html

Nope, you just can't make this stuff up.

After a blowout loss to Brooklyn last week, Jackson's co-host mentioned that Karl was hired after last year’s All-Star break. Jackson countered, “It can be post-All-Star break that he can leave, too. There ain’t nothing wrong with it. It’s just the business.”

Karl's agent, Warren LeGarie, told the Register in an email that Jackson should be fired or suspended. “(There's) no place for that in a legitimate organization,” he said.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's to the point now where I won't be surprised by anything that happens. Hell, we could sign Kenny Thomas as our new GM and Quincy Douby as our new Head Coach and I wouldn't bat an eye. But this??? George Karl's agent coming out and calling for Bobby's dismissal? Welcome to the MonkeyHouse.

If Karl was coaching properly, Bobby wouldn't be making those comments.

How about getting your client to coach like his life depended on it and implement something that suits this roster? Like I siad, flashing your number of wins doesn't get the buy in from the players especially when the coach has the sort of history of run ins everywhere he has gone. Respect and trust are earnt, not demanded.

It's to the point now where I won't be surprised by anything that happens. Hell, we could sign Kenny Thomas as our new GM and Quincy Douby as our new Head Coach and I wouldn't bat an eye. But this??? George Karl's agent coming out and calling for Bobby's dismissal? Welcome to the MonkeyHouse.
Wasn't there a picture of a bunch of Kings with John Salmons today? Don't tempt fate!

I mean of course he does. Who'd want their client getting called out like Bobby has been doing for the past week or so?

Similar to Cousins agent and the supposed beef with Karl coming aboard. Just agents trying to show they matter and act like they have any kind of pull.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Notice this report didn't come out before Vlade announced to the world that George Karl would not be fired (yet).

Bobby Jackson speaking his mind is what finally called overwhelming public attention to a whole list of ongoing issues with the defense that needed to be discussed. If whatever changes George and his staff implement to recover this season actually have a positive effect, than George Karl's agent should send a hand-written thank you note to Bobby Jackson along with flowers and a generous assortment of his favorite chocolates. He may have saved your client's job in Sacramento.

As a psa there is still plenty of room on the Jazz bandwagon . Not asking you guys to change alliances permanently but we have a solid ownership group a great coach and we play hard every night. The best thing is that we are finally getting healthy.