Karl apologized...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't see this posted, so felt it's worth its own thread.

Comcast SportsNet Verified account ‏@CSNAuthentic
VIDEO: Karl details relationship with Cousins, what he apologized to him for http://bit.ly/1KK8mTB #SacKings #NBA

I liked what I heard, and I'm especially impressed with how Coach Karl admitted his error. If this all comes together even half as well as I'm starting to truly believe it will, we're in for one hell of a ride.

ALL ABOARD!!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I didn't see this posted, so felt it's worth its own thread.

Comcast SportsNet Verified account ‏@CSNAuthentic
VIDEO: Karl details relationship with Cousins, what he apologized to him for http://bit.ly/1KK8mTB #SacKings #NBA

I liked what I heard, and I'm especially impressed with how Coach Karl admitted his error. If this all comes together even half as well as I'm starting to truly believe it will, we're in for one hell of a ride.

ALL ABOARD!!!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
Wow. Just listened.

Well, nothing left now. Nothing left to get in the way from the past. It's about now, and it's about how this team plays together going forward. Slate is clean.

Last edited:
Well said by Coach Karl! He is wise and mature enough to apologize and make it right with Big Cuz.

In other good news that was Katie doing the interview. Boo to the camera work for never once having her in the video:)

KB

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Doesn't really impact my personal opinion of Karl but, if Cousins is cool with him, that's good enough. Time to go shock the world.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I've been totally thrilled with everything I've heard from Karl so far. I love the overall tone he's setting up for the team coming into the year. There is a reason he's a HOF level coach! Hopefully everything clicks.

I'm gonna brush over the obvious lack of responsibilty for the obvious offense from coach Karl, in favour of the absolute positive attitude that's permeating this forum (and rightly so).

I love it. We look committed and from the short videos it looks like guys are actually ****ing passionate about defensive responsibility. Most impressive is coach Karl saying our bigs are very impressively defensively and the guards need to buy in. From what I've seen, Ronda is all in. He may become a fan favourite soon.

I love that Cuz and Rondo are on the same team. There's gonna be techincals, but they're both desperate to win. I believe 40 wins is an under achievement in simple terms.

It's about time they both realized it's about the team and not just a ego battle
Well, to be fair, that likely happened months ago, they just didn't put it on twitter blast... ironically because they both know it's not about ego. The only reason this came out now is because of incisive questioning by a good journalist.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm gonna brush over the obvious lack of responsibilty for the obvious offense from coach Karl, in favour of the absolute positive attitude that's permeating this forum (and rightly so).

I love it. We look committed and from the short videos it looks like guys are actually ****ing passionate about defensive responsibility. Most impressive is coach Karl saying our bigs are very impressively defensively and the guards need to buy in. From what I've seen, Ronda is all in. He may become a fan favourite soon.

I love that Cuz and Rondo are on the same team. There's gonna be techincals, but they're both desperate to win. I believe 40 wins is an under achievement in simple terms.
Um, what?

Your post would have been perfect without the first paragraph. I think it is as hard for you to be totally positive as it is for me to be negative. :p

Um, what?

Your post would have been perfect without the first paragraph. I think it is as hard for you to be totally positive as it is for me to be negative. :p
You could easily be right. But I think Coach probably had more to apologise for than just that comment. But hey, as long as coach and Cuz are on good terms then I couldn't care less. It's all good!

You're right. I'm cautious about everything. I'm super optimistic about this season, but I know how it feels to be let down. I'm trying to be cautious.

I love the atmosphere around here though. KF is a fun place to be again. :)

Um, what?

I totally agree with Dime Dropper and will go further:

There's no way that "off-handed comment" is all that there was.
There was a significant rift between Cousins and Karl, and by extension Vlade and Karl.
Cousins doesn't tweet about snakes in the grass without there being more than just a mis-speak answer to a question.
There aren't significant rumblings about Karl being fired if there wasn't anything to it.

We can be relieved that it appears that the Kings are putting that controversy behind them and focusing on kicking ass and taking names this season - but that doesn't make the off-season drama not have happened.

BTW - those are some nice interviews by Kayte with Karl and Cousins - well worth watching them all (even with the annoying bumpers breaking them up into too-small of bits).
She's a very good interviewer, and frames the questions much better than pretty much any Kings' reporter.

Kayte's still with the Kings, right? Not just CSNBayArea...?