Joe Johnson waived

It is not my money:) I grab him if I am GM and can make it happen. Then I tell Karl here is your new starting SG. Make sure you play Two Big's, a SF and a PG along with your new SG!

That said, I would prefer a younger FA in the off season like Bazemore.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We have no shot.

Vlade should make the call anyway. Who knows, maybe Joe knows Rondo or Bels or somebody. Karl. Can basically promise him all the minutes he could want if he's one of those type guys.

The only chance we have of getting joe Johnson is to claim him off waivers, which would mean we are responsible for his original salary.

Not happening, let's move on folks!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
If you are Vlade you just have to try and get JJ... all the while covering you bases with Martin as your safety school, which of course he will need since JJ's agent probably will not even return the call.

Vlade calls up Iso Joe... "Joe, we love your game... would you like to play for us and help us get into the playoffs?"

Iso Joe "Of course! Let me hang up on Pat Riley on the other line first."

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I cannot understand taking a $3 million pay cut to play for a team that is not a title contender.
Miami Beach in the Spring/Summer probably sounds pretty nice after 4 seasons in Brooklyn. Also, a $3 million dollar pay cut sounds huge but when you put it in context of the $123 million dollar deal he signed in Atlanta, that's only 2% and he'll get half that back with his new minimum deal.