IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To be fair he is pretty much right, if he had normal PG size it would help one of his weaknesses(being able to see the floor better), he would be a nightmare with his quickness(even more than he already is because he would be a more explosive finisher around the basket), shooting ability(he would actually be a better shooter if he was taller, being able to elevate and shoot over defenders more comfortably, he's already a very good shooter as is), but he isn't so that is why his market value is expected to be the same or similar to guys like Jodie Meeks, Grievis Vasquez, Carl Landry, Jason Thomspon etc.
If I was taller and male, I might have been a fighter pilot...

He is who he is. He really needs to find a way to be comfortable with the things he cannot change.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I dunno, i dont really have an issue with much of what he said. But whatever.
It's just part of the ongoing struggle between those who are totally in the IT camp and those who don't see his new suit of clothes quite the same way. At least this whole thing should be over within the foreseeable future.

To me it just sounds like frustration because he has worked so hard but a physical limitation is what keeps him from taking the next step and he is so competitive he doesn't want to accept it. Well when someone pays him it will make all the hard work feel like it payed off and he can focus on being the best damn 5'9 player to ever play the game, however far it takes him.

I can't see how you Sac fans(on kingsfans.com at least, everywhere else IT is pretty much beloved) can rag on this guy so much. He pretty much represents everything that you guys as a fanbase went through with the relocation thing. The little guy that kept being told you aren't good enough, small market etc. that kept fighting and kept its team. That is the IT story(and part of the reason Sacramento loves the kid).
Well then you don't have much understanding of this city or this team. No player is bigger than the team. And he doesn't seem to get that. "WE" do not love the kid. 12 year old girls do. I've never been more frustrated with a player on the kings than Isaiah. He detracts more from my enjoyment of watching a game than any player they've had here (there are many reasons for that that have been discussed ad nauseum). And then you come online and hear how awesome he is and it's just baffling to me. 28 wins people. We won 28.

Personally, the city, and the team, is ready to grow up and stop acting like the world is out to get them. He represents the victim mentality. Poor me, no one loves me. Cmon now. That's not even close to true in his case. Many people like him.

There's more to this team and city than Isaiah ****ing Thomas. He should stay away from interviews. He sounds like a head case and I'm not at all surprised offers aren't coming. When you play more like Larry Jordan, but you think you're Michael, that's the stuff that takes a good team and turns it dysfunctional.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
You pay IT as much as Cuz gets and you might see something different in the way of attitude. Bad comparison. Who has more games started at such a cheap price? You and I would be looking for a pay day as well - and with a "me, me, me." Just saying.
Last year IT was playing for his professional life and it may have effected his approach to the game. Unfortunately, I haven't seen or heard anything from him that changed my opinion that he is selfish yet. In fact my opinion is lessening.

GM's aren't all that impressed with a player who can produce on that kind of usage. It's the truth. Has nothing to do with being 5'9". I don't see Jamal Crawford getting max deals. He got paid once and the person who signed him to that deal regretted it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To me it just sounds like frustration because he has worked so hard but a physical limitation is what keeps him from taking the next step and he is so competitive he doesn't want to accept it. Well when someone pays him it will make all the hard work feel like it payed off and he can focus on being the best damn 5'9 player to ever play the game, however far it takes him.

I can't see how you Sac fans(on kingsfans.com at least, everywhere else IT is pretty much beloved) can rag on this guy so much. He pretty much represents everything that you guys as a fanbase went through with the relocation thing. The little guy that kept being told you aren't good enough, small market etc. that kept fighting and kept its team. That is the IT story(and part of the reason Sacramento loves the kid)
That's quite a reach there. Sorry, but I do not agree at all that IT is the poster boy for Sacramento's fight. Sacramento didn't just whine about how they were being mistreated; folks like Carmichael Dave and Mike Tavares stepped up and rallied the crowd, doing whatever it took to reach the goal. They didn't worry about personal stats or accomplishments.

IT hasn't been told he's not good enough since he's been in the NBA; he's chosen to hear what wasn't said instead of what was said.

I'm going to predict right now that wherever he goes and however much he gets paid, it won't be enough in his eyes.

And what you and the other IT fans don't get is that we would love him if he embraced his role including his limitations. He could have been a major, beloved long- term asset to this team if he didn't spend so much time and energy trying to prove to everyone how much we don't respect him. Instead we get him complaining about his role, his competition, his teammates, the world, etc.
If he ever "embraced" what he was he would be the player he is today, he is young dude who has played 3 seasons on a minimum salary and has worked his tail off to get to the point where a team is mulling offering him $7-$10 million per, once he gets paid and secures his livelyhood than you can talk about all that stuff. He isn't some vet that has made a ton of money in the league and is now just looking to settle down as a roleplayer, he's doing what ALL successful players have done in the past, prove themselves with hard work and performance and get paid, secure his future(and be a pro and live up to/exceed to the expectation the franchise put on you). He is doing what just about every American (the capitalist, me first, look after yourself first because no on else is) does.

It's just part of the ongoing struggle between those who are totally in the IT camp and those who don't see his new suit of clothes quite the same way. At least this whole thing should be over within the foreseeable future.
Seriously, i cannot wait. I understand both ends of the spectrum. Just not sure what people expect him to say. Hes a last pick in the draft guy who is looking for his first and maybe last big payday. What should he say "yes, im not a real starting PG and due to me being a midget chucker who does not set up teammates i am nothing more than a sub, so pay me sub money" . Lol.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He's lived in a nice world on a crap team where he could put up nice stats. It sucks for him that he wasn't getting paid much, but as soon as he does get paid the expectations go up 100x. And the expectations won't be that he puts up big personal numbers on a lottery team. And he'll realize that maybe he was on easy street in Sacramento.

I can't see how you Sac fans(on kingsfans.com at least, everywhere else IT is pretty much beloved) can rag on this guy so much. He pretty much represents everything that you guys as a fanbase went through with the relocation thing. The little guy that kept being told you aren't good enough, small market etc. that kept fighting and kept its team. That is the IT story(and part of the reason Sacramento loves the kid).
No. The thing is, this community is always looking for guys to rally around and it would have all happened for IT here... everything he dreamed of... if he did not have the selfish fetish for the starting job. If he could just bring himself to talk and play like a "team-first guy" instead of a "me first guy", then there is no town in USA that would hoist him on their shoulders like Sacramento would. Do all the other NBA towns chant "Barry Barry Barry" or "Bobby Bobby Bobby" the way we did in Sacramento for Jon Barry and Bobby Jackson? We love our gritty 6th man types like nobody else in the league. Scot Pollard bobble-head anyone?? There a lot of towns that mob their Scot Pollards when they show up to events like we do? There is no place like Sacramento to be a gritty 6th/7th man whether as a banger with heart or as a scoring sparkplug. He cries about not being supported and loved enough HERE??? He thinks the fans in Phoenix are gonna give him more love than we did here just because they put his picture on the freaking scoreboard when he came to visit???? He's delusional.

Why this IT guy could not get his head around that role and embrace that role (6th) is just flabbergasting. I really believe he will come to regret it. A blown opportunity here and I think it is IT who torched the bridge, not the Kings front office.

That's quite a reach there. Sorry, but I do not agree at all that IT is the poster boy for Sacramento's fight. Sacramento didn't just whine about how they were being mistreated; folks like Carmichael Dave and Mike Tavares stepped up and rallied the crowd, doing whatever it took to reach the goal. They didn't worry about personal stats or accomplishments.

IT hasn't been told he's not good enough since he's been in the NBA; he's chosen to hear what wasn't said instead of what was said.

I'm going to predict right now that wherever he goes and however much he gets paid, it won't be enough in his eyes.
Ah you can tell yourself that, to me IT and Sac are one in the same for what you guys went through and what he has gone through. Thats my opinion from an outside perspective.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Seriously, i cannot wait. I understand both ends of the spectrum. Just not sure what people expect him to say. Hes a last pick in the draft guy who is looking for his first and maybe last big payday. What should he say "yes, im not a real starting PG and due to me being a midget chucker who does not set up teammates i am nothing more than a sub, so pay me sub money" . Lol.
Of course that's not what he should say. What I would like him to say? Simple...

I'm grateful to the Sacramento Kings for drafting me and I've appreciated the opportunity to show what I'm capable of doing. I think there's a team out there that may just be a better fit for me going forward, so I'm exploring all the options available to me. I want to continue to work on those aspects of my game that need improvement. I may be only 5'9", but I do have skills and heart and energy and I'm going to work my hardest to maximize my potential for my team.

How hard would that be?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I doubt he is going to get 7 to 10 million per year if its Phoenix. You think they are going to shoot their wad on a third PG?

Just because they put up signs with his name and picture on it?

That money speaks for itself. The signs and dog and pony show tricks are because they're hoping to get him at value.

I cannot stand the type of people that IT represents. He ridicules all others and blames them for the lack of attention and money that he seemingly is receiving, or not receiving in this case. He ignores all of his teammates in order to prove to the world that he is IT, the NBA's best smallest player of all time. It's no wonder he hasn't been offered a thing yet. He's probably put off every team that has come calling with his attitude. All this article did was make the few remaining teams out there even more hesitant to offer him a contract. However, the absolute worst thing in that entire article that he said was to deliver a low blow to his teammates. I've been on teams before, successful ones. Rule #1: Your teammates are your comrades, you back them up at every single turn and you never throw them under the bus.

For this reason alone, I will never cheer for IT (whether he is a King or not), because I now know what he thinks, how he thinks, and why he thinks that way. Chip on your shoulder is fine, but this is pure arrogance. As all of you have said, I hope this is settled quickly, because I cannot stand this man thinking he is entitled to everything because he averaged 20 and 6 and was misfortunate enough to play with teammates that aren't talented. It would be sweet justice if he doesn't even get an offer (even sweeter if he were to receive a low offer).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah you can tell yourself that, to me IT and Sac are one in the same for what you guys went through and what he has gone through. Thats my opinion from an outside perspective.
Then that's a shame because our fight was about OUR TEAM, something IT has just not ever made a priority. It has always been and will always be about him.

You truly have no idea...

But we could argue this forever. As I said above, hopefully it will all be over soon. I personally look forward to talking about the guys who will be in a Kings uniform for the coming season.

Of course that's not what he should say. What I would like him to say? Simple...

I'm grateful to the Sacramento Kings for drafting me and I've appreciated the opportunity to show what I'm capable of doing. I think there's a team out there that may just be a better fit for me going forward, so I'm exploring all the options available to me. I want to continue to work on those aspects of my game that need improvement. I may be only 5'9", but I do have skills and heart and energy and I'm going to work my hardest to maximize my potential for my team.

How hard would that be?
Possibly harder for someone whose ego and feelings are hurt. I know i would feel like crap if i was coming off some pretty productive years and a team of the Kings caliber basically deemed me not worthy of being on the team. But you are right, i dont think we saw Tyreke get really bent out of shape last year.

Wow, some of you have hugely irrational hatred of IT. Why? Because he is confident in himself? Because he wants to get paid like a 20 and 6 pg? Because he didn't lead the kings to the playoffs with Cuz and half season of rudy gay, some underperforming youngsters + a bunch of players that would be lucky to make the roster on a good team? Seriously, i don't get it.

He has his limitations, but you guys are taking this to a whole other level that it shouldn't be.

You should be mad at the FO for not moving him when we had control.

The fact is that even if we got lebron with nobody else leaving, we'd still miss the playoffs. this team lacks depth and heart, which is why we picked Nik over a guy like Vonleh.

IT's big mess up was over performing his draft position when we had no way to resign him to the contract his numbers deserve. That said, i wish him luck wherever he goes.

Cuz, gay, ben, nik, and hopefully dwill and DC will grow together and hopefully another 35 page hate thread won't be needed for another single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.