IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're the only team that gave him a chance and yet we hate him the most.

I want to bring him back as the 6th man, I think he has talent, but the man has some serious head issues.
Geoff Petrie wanted him, this FO has shown no indication of wanting him. You guys can criticize his "head issues" but he just seems like a guy that will take that stuff to add fuel to his fire, much like guys like Jordan and Kobe would use any negative quote about them to fuel their competitive spirt. Isaiah just seems cut from the same mold, personally I value those traits as positives, especially as pro atheltes. Guys at this level need that killer instinct, take no prisoners, grab you by the throat and not let go. There are other professions where those qualities aren't an asset, but as a pro athlete that's what separates the good from the great. I'm not saying IT will ever be great, but those intangibles will maximize every ounce of value from his career.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just read the Slam Online Q & A with Isaiah. I got the distinct feeling he's been perturbed for a long time. I also get the feeling he still resents being drafted #60. I wish him all the luck in the world wherever he lands, but I cannot help but wonder if he'll ever get over his self-resentment over being 5'9"...
I have no idea how he won't feel perturbed backing up a guy like Dragic who really came into his own this past year and will be gunning hard for both the playoffs and an All Star spot. He's a 35 min a night PG. That doesn't even get into Bledsoe and the other PG's and where they fit in.

If IT took playing 35 min a night and getting the rock enough to lead the team in FGA many nights as a slight against his ability, I just don't see how he's going to be happy in a smaller role in Pho. And being the pizza guy and our most marketed player, even more than Boogie the last two years, it really seams he has a skewed view of what's transpired and his role in the league. This franchise pumped him up an incredible amount and he seems hung up on not being wanted. Yet I couldn't watch a single commercial break without an IT commercial the last two years.

If he was being offered 8-10M/Y and a starting spot by other teams, then I could see him feeling a bit insulted by our offer and proposal. Yet just about every rumor surrounding him has been about using him as a 6th man, as we want to here and I don't see any team offering him a role as big as he had here. Yes he probably thinks being a 6th man on a better team is more acceptable in his mind, but we're trying to be that better team and consider his placement in being a better team would be just how the better teams plan on using him.

But it's borderline delusional to think our FO doesn't respect him and who he is when he had a bigger role and was marketed more than any other team appears willing to do going forward. A number here wanted him filling the BJax role. That's exactly what most around the league appear to see him has. The problem isn't with us or how the NBA sees him, the problem is with how IT sees himself.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
IT wants to go to a good team. If he was so damn good, the Kings would have been a good team. He wants to be wanted. We drafted him or he would have been on the outside looking in. The announcers did everything but kiss his ass. He got the commercials. We made a qualifyiug offer. What more does he want from the Kings? He's going to be a multimillionaire. Poor baby.

He would NOT be looking at big money if it were not for the Kings. I kinda wonder if anything would satisfy him here in Sacramento.

Last edited:
I dont know whether to be annoyed or saddened by IT's repetitive "I just want to be wanted" shpeele. I mean, to an extend that's just a human desire. Everyone wants to be wanted. But give it a rest, man.

He and his girlfriend (i presume that's who was tweeting the Suns pictures ?) act as if we waived him or benched him for the season. We gave him every opportunity to flourish and we've extended a new contract to him. How is he not wanted?

Well this also depends on if anyone else is making offers in that ballpark either to IT or to PDA. Let's say the Suns really do want IT at 8 mill, but another team, say the Lakers, are willing to take him for 8 mill and trade a resigned Hill, or even just picks for him... well there you are. In short as long as we have the right to match, and time to get under the cap we CAN still get something for IT, it may just take work rather than a simple sign and trade. If I am PDA and the Suns make and offer, I am on the phone asking them how badly they want him and calling all the other teams that have made inquires.
Thing is another team can always just up their offer directly to IT.

Plus, how often do we see a sign and trade where the player signs with one team, is matched, and then is traded immediately to another team? Not gonna happen like that.

So if we give them IT and Quincy Acy (915,243) and take Len (3,649,920) that saves 2.7 Mil for Deng and Bledsoe, gives them a backup big, We Get our Defensive big, IT feels wanted
and we only add 2.7 to our payroll

Sounds like a Win Win to me!!

I dont know whether to be annoyed or saddened by IT's repetitive "I just want to be wanted" shpeele. I mean, to an extend that's just a human desire. Everyone wants to be wanted. But give it a rest, man.
I actually think it's limited his options. When you go into FA saying "me, me, me", other GMs will take notice and ask themselves do we really want that dynamic in our squad.

Not even JR Smith or Jamal Crawford talk about themselves and their numbers and their scoring to this extent. It's a red flag to GMs.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I actually think it's limited his options. When you go into FA saying "me, me, me", other GMs will take notice and ask themselves do we really want that dynamic in our squad.

Not even JR Smith or Jamal Crawford talk about themselves and their numbers and their scoring to this extent. It's a red flag to GMs.
It has always been "me, me, me." That may not be an opinion of everyone but his game has always been an extension of that attitude. Now the rest of the league can hear his sorry story. It's a lot different than the attitude Cuz has.

He and his girlfriend (i presume that's who was tweeting the Suns pictures ?) act as if we waived him or benched him for the season. We gave him every opportunity to flourish and we've extended a new contract to him. How is he not wanted?
isaiah has drawn comparisons between himself and allen iverson. he's quoted as saying that he wants to be the best little guy to ever play in the nba. for better or worse, he sees himself as a player who can reach the upper echelons of the nba talent ladder. as such, i honestly think he wants to be wined-and-dined, so to speak. he saw the way the kings made their pitch to rudy gay, and i think he wanted the same kind of treatment. when the kings didn't show a similar urgency in trying to convince thomas to stay, he may have felt slighted, despite the fact that he's a restricted free agent, and the kings only need to match a contract offer in order to keep him on the roster. i've said it many times now: the best things about IT are also the worst things about IT, and for that reason, he fits best on any team as a dynamic sixth man...

I agree - I think he is sort of burning some emotional bridges with the Sac fan base (which is probably a good thing so we can all move on easier). I was sort of sympathetic to him because I'm not sure he REALLY got the credit due a 20ppg guy in the league (even turning my twitter avatar black for a few days in solidarity), but he's worn it out. I think it is a little embarrassing how smitten he was with the whole Phoenix dog & pony show.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Geeeez. i keep thinking there is gonna be a real update in this thread. Instead its the same BS over and over and over. When IT finally signs with another team is this gonna stop? is it gonna be like the Jimmer guys that faded to black?

Dude those guys are established vets(Crawford has made a ton of money in this league), yes IT's attitude can come off as a little immature, but he is a young guy who has been making peanuts based on his production. Once he signs his FIRST nice contract and takes a step back to say to himself "Man, I made it sigh", he will for the most part stop feeling like the underdog that has to bite through everyone, he will finally feel like he belongs and the rest of his game(mostly mental aspects at this point) will mature. Many of us have gone or are going through this same thing, when I got out of college i was frustrated working jobs that paid no more than I was earning as a part time college kid. When I finally caught a nice break somewhere it comes as a sigh of relief. IT is going through the same thing just at a much bigger level. He's a 25 years old young man that has scratched and clawed to where he is, not one of these guys that got everything handed to him on a silver platter.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I kinda wonder if anything would satisfy him here in Sacramento.
You too? I think the knife cuts both ways.

Maybe he was mad that the FO didn't say anything about matching Detroit's unsubstantiated offer. Maybe he was mad that he didn't get the same treatment Rudy Gay did.
[tinfoil]
That said, they would sure be convenient excuses for leaving Sacramento.
[/tinfoil]
I can't blame him for chasing the money. Second tier players should absolutely get what they can, when they can.

Don't see any reason Phx would do this. They can sign IT outright and get much more in return should they decide to S&T Bledsoe.
To bad it doesn't work that way. Bledsoe gets to pick the team, it may or may not have something the Suns want in return.

I think some are missing the fact that Bledsoe wants 12-14 mil a year. Dragic is due to get paid next year. I don't see them having guys making 8, 10-12, and 12-14 per year in their backcourt.

Thing is another team can always just up their offer directly to IT.

Plus, how often do we see a sign and trade where the player signs with one team, is matched, and then is traded immediately to another team? Not gonna happen like that.
You over complicate this. All we HAVE to do is match the offer he brings us. The fact that we are signing him in a trade we put together with another team is not on him.

Kings were willing to take Love with no re-sign promises, maybe we feel the same about Bledsoe. Then, we give them some of our extra bigs for Bledsoe and the Suns FO pats themselves on the back for not losing Bledsoe for nothing next yer.

Status
Not open for further replies.