Island of Pain and Misery Voting: Warhawk's Island (1) Vs. D-Mass' Island (8)

Which Island Would You LEAST Want to Live On?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I thought seeing who voted for/against you could be interesting, in addition to mid-round questioning with the voters to make discussion/persuasion happen during the rounds.

I guess I was just trying something different hoping it stems discussion/friendly arguing of sorts...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have to think you're losing more voters than you're gaining discussions, since some people tend to take these things more seriously than others... and some people don't want to hurt any feelings.

But, as always, just my two cents. What I've observed over the course of time is that some people will make their votes known anyway, especially if they want to discuss them while others often just vote and move on.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
In my mind it's simply a TDOS draft.
I would hope its all in fun and discussion, and feelings wouldn't be invested enough to be hurt at a loss.
I may be a bit naive though.

I guess in any competition, no matter the level there probably will be hurt feelings.

Anyways,
If votes lag in this round Ill make it private the Semi and Final rounds...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This matchup was really, really tough. The clincher for me was the plethora of Laker fan miseries. No one should have to put up with one, let alone three different versions...

Now, another stupid question... Shouldn't there be four pairs for this round?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I thought of that right after I posted this round....

With 12 competitors, I didn't have the foresight to give the top two a bye to make everything even out.

Im going to have to give the top seed a bye after this whole round while the two under-seeds battle to fight the high seed in the Finals.

Not conventional by any stretch, but it works...
:(

This matchup was really, really tough. The clincher for me was the plethora of Laker fan miseries. No one should have to put up with one, let alone three different versions...

Now, another stupid question... Shouldn't there be four pairs for this round?
I don't expect a whole lot of votes in this one...the Laker stuff is too difficult to overlook.